Author Topic: I think I just killed my computer...  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
I think I just killed my computer...
Originally posted by Analazon
then odds are that that IDE spot is screwy...

or the actual IDE cable... that's happened to me more than once!  try switching cables first... it's worth a try!

I just saw the title, and i thinks that unreal tournament saying....... holy ****....! lol

thats funny cause im @ my boys house, and im messing with the remote for the stereo and i hit some button and the music just stopped. and my other friend goes, "i think he broke it".

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Analazon
Try flipping the IDE channels...I.E. if you have it on primary-slave, switch it to secondary-slave/secondary-master. Plug in what was there into where your CD used to be. If your comp doesn't see the CD, best bet would be that the CD is screwy, if it doesn't see whatever you plugged in that spot that isn't your CD, then odds are that that IDE spot is screwy...

:nod:

I have a dodgy IDE controller... the secondary master is a little bit... odd. Not broken as such, just... odd.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Uh huh.

Netiquette tip for y'all- don't post stoned, unless you're willing and able to share.:wink:

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by diamondgeezer

:nod:

I have a dodgy IDE controller... the secondary master is a little bit... odd. Not broken as such, just... odd.

I had to fix someone's comp...she had a CD that didn't want to be secondary slave...kinda that whole idea
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
And here I was hoping we'd never see Stryke again..... foiled again.

How many polys did it end up at anyhow?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Shrike
And here I was hoping we'd never see Stryke again..... foiled again.

How many polys did it end up at anyhow?

:lol:
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
See, Shrike here, he's so smart, he's gone beyond simple math and reading comprehension, and doesn't use either anymore.:p

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Well, now all I have to do is figure out how to make this frame go away, and I'll be set. Remind me never to use gratuitous frames on a page and then set it to my homepage again.

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
Never use gratuitous frames on a page and then set it to your homepage again.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Originally posted by StrykeIX
See, Shrike here, he's so smart, he's gone beyond simple math and reading comprehension, and doesn't use either anymore.:p
You mentioned 'ten times the poly count' but not the original polycount.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
And here I was hoping the same thing....that his comp had actually died. :D

Alikchi: What I suggest you do is double-check the following:

1. That the jumper on the device is set properly.
2. That the ribbon cable is installed properly. (ie: inserted fully and pin1 oriented on the right side, facing the power connector)
3. That no other device on the chain has a jumper set to the same setting or single-drive setting.
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Call Gandalf.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Vertigo1
And here I was hoping the same thing....that his comp had actually died. :D

Alikchi: What I suggest you do is double-check the following:

1. That the jumper on the device is set properly.
2. That the ribbon cable is installed properly. (ie: inserted fully and pin1 oriented on the right side, facing the power connector)
3. That no other device on the chain has a jumper set to the same setting or single-drive setting.

1) I thought that too, but he said it always used to work, and suddenly it died... so unless someone messed with the jumper, it should be set right.

2) I thought that too, but he said it always used to work, and suddenly it died... so unless someone messed with the ribbon cable (IDE cable) , it should be set right.

3) I thought that too, but he said it always used to work, and suddenly it died... so unless someone messed with the jumpers, it should be set right.

Offline silverwolf

• whoa...he still pops in
Originally posted by Sandwich
Call Gandalf.

lol i didn't know gandalf was a computer type of wizzard ;)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Just so you (??) know, I'm gonna go ahead and buy another drive today
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Shrike: 102020 times 10 makes what? I don't think we need call in CP.:p

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Now it makes sense.  For some reason I wasn't equating lathe steps with a set number of polys per step.