Author Topic: Old stuff, good stuff - a bless for the AI  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Old stuff, good stuff - a bless for the AI
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17067.0.html

What happened to these modifications?

Is there anyway to bring them into the code?

Are some of them worth recoding?

Discuss, and Recommend.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Definately the power output bit.

Put these in, these are all really great :)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
...though I heard his stuff broke a lot of things so the code had to be reverted.

That's why I inquire on the status of these things.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
argv vanished, you see. His changes are lost in space.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
That's why I mentioned recoding the stuff - or simply put trying to remake the features that are considered worth it.

For one thing I believe the energy output could be one such thing if anyone has the patience/time to balance the whole fleet.

The single quadrant shield would be a Godsend for the AI - it manages its shield very poorly.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
he committed his changes but managed to **** up the source at the same time, i think they were in the code base for a few hours before we rolled back.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Is that base still in CVS or did it get lost in the rollback?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I emailed him a while ago, and he did say he intended to come back, he had found out himself that the code broke stuff, so he wasn't annoyed his code was removed, I think he's just a bit too wrapped up in RL atm.

It would be great if this stuff could be re-implemented, but I think it might be better to wait until people are more free and the AI can be given a complete overhaul. But then, that's easy for me to say, I wouldn't have to do it ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'd definitely like to add argv's stuff back in... I'd just like to do it gradually, one feature at a time, so we can make sure nothing is broken.  Most of his features depend on him returning to HLP to re-code them, though.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Big Guns In Front Flag

Any chance you could start the one by one re-adding with this one? :nod:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 04:48:29 am by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Big Guns In Front Flag.. YES:nod:
 if you start do something from there you should do this one.

Speaking of the AI, is there any way hostile ships can be made to fire their turrets at the same rate as friendly ones with the same AI class? Right now ships on the friendly side seem to have a definite advantage...

Offline terren

if you add the auto ETS in, have it be on a per ship basis, I'm thinking of 4 or 5 levels of inteligance with a single value.
Proud user of wings 3-D

Mad? Oh yes quite mad.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by c914
Big Guns In Front Flag.. YES:nod:
 if you start do something from there you should do this one.

This would be wonderful for Inferno's Lindos destroyer (used in Starforce with the name Thanatos), as 90% of it's weapons are in the front and face dead forward.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta