Author Topic: (yet another) FS Interactive Fiction  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
(yet another) FS Interactive Fiction
I'll start us off.

Alpha 1 is on a scouting mission in the new Mercury interceptor (made by Unidan enterprises) and encounters a subspace signature a few klicks away. He engages his 656 1/2 MPS afterburners. But suddenly-
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
the engines fail and his shields collapse! "Damn you, Unidan!" says ALpha 1 while shaking a fist. Victory seemed hopeless for Alpha 1, until -
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...he realized that he still had no idea if whatever it was was even hostile! So he...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Unidan

-called in for support-

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
... but then decided to just give peace a chance, warped out, landed on the nice peaceful planet of Tau Ceti IV, and lived happily ever after picking daisies with a pulse laser.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Until...ONE DAY...
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Everyone else decided to become hippies as well, and soon Tau IV was too crowded. So Alpha 1 moved to Deneb instead and became a Vasudan sex slave.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...but then he heard that his old buddy Khan, from Tau Ceti IV was out for some guy named "Krik"'s blood (or something like that), so he decided to go out with his trusty ML-16 and maybe pull in a bounty for this "Krik" dude himself....

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

...Picking up the trail, Alpha 1 rushes to beat Khan.  He arrives in the area that Kirk's ship was last seen but finds nothing but a small amount of derbis from a previous battle...
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
...and a strange new planet filled with life. So then Alpha 1 takes a transport to the Galetea, where he joins a squad and becomes Beta 3. 30 years later, He is an Admiral. while patrolling space, he finds a subspace portal and stages a rebellion to distract the GTVA from his research. Then Admiral Bosch (his real name) builds a ship called the Iceni, and one day Admiral Bosch woke up on the NTF Iceni and walked to the bridge when...
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
(Oh no you don't...  )

Where he tripped over a doorstep, knocked his head on a glass window, and broke it - then got sucked into the void...
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Unidan

...And slams into a ship, then someone screams KKKKKAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!...

Offline Unidan

Bump

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
No.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Oh look, more interactive fiction. Yet no-one finds time to write in the SpaceBattles Freespace Story Discussion.

Offline Unidan

Originally posted by Jabu:
SpaceBattles Freespace Story Discussion.

Flame me if I'm an idiot, but what is that?

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Different forum/site I think (I haven't seen it here). And please don't turn this into a bump topic, it'll get 0wned if that happens.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases

Originally posted by Unidan:
Flame me if I'm an idiot, but what is that?
www.spacebattles.com  -> Forums -> Story Discussions -> Freespace SD. Everything should be explained there, though it's been quiet for the last few days.