Author Topic: Scots students injured in Israel  (Read 5141 times)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Scots students injured in Israel
Just read on teletext that two british (scottish no less) teenagers were among those injured in the Tel Aviv suicide bomb. Now will Blair protest to the palestinians? Will he protect British subjects? Probably not.  :mad: And I'm pretty pissed off about it since my patriotism has been in overdrive recently. :blah:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
oh yeah... that patriotism "my countrymen is worth ten of your's" crap again... can't stand it. never could.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by kode
oh yeah... that patriotism "my countrymen is worth ten of your's" crap again... can't stand it. never could.

:nod:

I'd rather have 1 Dutch person die then 10 foreign people.

Even better if nobody dies though :)
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Actually for the individuals it is quite meaningless, but for the governments it makes perfect sense. :D

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/

no, that's not it at all. his countrymen weren't involved in the war. wouldn't you be more angry if you got shot because of some elses dispute than if you got shot because of your own?
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Carl

no, that's not it at all. his countrymen weren't involved in the war. wouldn't you be more angry if you got shot because of some elses dispute than if you got shot because of your own?

It makes things a bit worse... But its still better to have 1 death then 10. And most deaths by those bombings are innocent ppl as well.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede

well... if I got shot and survived, I'd propably be pissed either way. If I got shot and died, I couldn't be angry cause I'm dead.

And britain is involved in this conflict. hadn't it been for their giving the land to form the state of Israel, there'd been no conflict today.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I don't think this could get any more surreal (unless an0n posts that monkey picture again).

I was just saying that it pisses me off that Brits can get injured, arrested and all sorts abroad and our Gov. does nothing. Thats all. Carl hit the nail on the head. :nod:

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
Originally posted by vyper
I don't think this could get any more surreal (unless an0n posts that monkey picture again).

I was just saying that it pisses me off that Brits can get injured, arrested and all sorts abroad and our Gov. does nothing. Thats all. Carl hit the nail on the head. :nod:

and what I'm saying is that it doesn't make things worse. They are still the way they are and there should not be any extra reason to react just because someone of the same nationality as yourselves suffers for it. what the world needs to do is start caring about each other and not see to their own no matter what.
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

well, you can't expect to go there and be totaly safe. they knew they might have pbs.
SCREW CANON!

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman

and what I'm saying is that it doesn't make things worse. They are still the way they are and there should not be any extra reason to react just because someone of the same nationality as yourselves suffers for it. what the world needs to do is start caring about each other and not see to their own no matter what.

Yes and when that happens I'll swing from the rooftops in joy, no really I will. But you and I both know its a long way off and right now we must all look after our own citizens.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede

Yes and when that happens I'll swing from the rooftops in joy, no really I will. But you and I both know its a long way off and right now we must all look after our own citizens.

well... swedes has been injured in israel, lot's of swedes in thailand prisons, america prisons, some kidnapped by guerillas, joined the guerillas, gotten killed by guerillas, and so on and so on. so ****ing what?
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman

well... swedes has been injured in israel, lot's of swedes in thailand prisons, america prisons, some kidnapped by guerillas, joined the guerillas, gotten killed by guerillas, and so on and so on. so ****ing what?

I'm sorry to say this so harshly but: Sweden isn't the UK.  We've had and still do have, a great deal of power in world affairs - that should at least give us some protection.

I make it my ambition that my generation will build a Britain as powerful as our predecessors saw, only with more consideration for real people (unlike much of the empire days). We will be the next hyperpower equal to America and able to protect our people.

Call me a dreamer, call me a nationalist, call me what you will but I will not stand to see my countrymen in danger anywhere in the world.

Here endeth the rant.:blah:

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
well... if you actually believe what you say, I'll be leaving now.
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
Re: Scots students injured in Israel
suicide bomb.

and who exactly is bombing them selvs... maybe its me but I think its those people who are causing all the problems :doubt:
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
well... if you actually believe what you say, I'll be leaving now.

You realise Sweden just got put on the "bad" list? :p

And yes, I pretty much believe a lot of wot I said.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede

You realise Sweden just got put on the "bad" list? :p

And yes, I pretty much believe a lot of wot I said.

There's a lot of other things I could call you then, but instead of getting my ass banT, I'd rather drop this discussion now.
- Ambrose Bierce
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
There was always a day for every country when it was in power, but times change. :p

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by CP5670
There was always a day for every country when it was in power, but times change. :p

:thepimp:

What goes around comes around. I think that Austrailia is secretly trying to take over the world with diarming smiles, beautiful beaches/women, and that darn charming accent...

But I'm not paranoid or anything... :nervous:

Mel Gibson is a Austrailian Secret Agent (Shhh!)

00WhatTheF***DidIJustPush? Crikie! :lol:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon