Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 54480 times)

Post errors/bugs/problems here!
Hey there.

I've tried this with cvs build 20050908 and found that the FS music didn't play. It played FS2's. I've tried taking a backup I have for fsport with the music wavs in the music dir but didn't work either.

Playing Judas doesn't show/have anything but interceptor missiles.

And in Shell Game, well... I think I never figured out how to "do things differently".
You got to kill the transports first? or the fleeing freighters?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I assumed you grabbed the FS1 music VP and and table file, and went through each mission and changed them to their proper FS1 themes?

Playing Judas - You'd WANT anything other than Interceptors?

Shell Game - Freighters first, as transports won't try to escape.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

For Playing Judas? I'd need ml-16 at the very least? :P

Thanks! :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by mrduckman
Playing Judas doesn't show/have anything but interceptor missiles.
For loadout?  Might be a problem with a rogue weapons.tbl.

Yes. Loadout was just the missiles. I've only created an fsport23 dir and put the vps there and created the data dirs.

Cheers.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
hm. My friend was playing through the other day and... the Shivans didn't kill the Plato. I looked through the mission and lo and behold, there was no hack to make sure the mission went the way it was supposed to. Do I have the latest version?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
That's a known bug in that mission.  After I kill one of the Scorpions to get the bonus objective, I usually just order my wingmen out, sit back, and put on time compression.  The Shaitans usually manage to take out the Plato eventually.

One mistake. The mission with just the interceptor missiles was "Enter the Dragon".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:39:41 pm by 1788 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'll have to fix that in the next release, then.

Duckman, that mission's supposed to have a limited loadout. Standard armament is Prom, Adv. Disruptor and Interceptor on a Ulys, IIRC. Are you saying you don't have any primaries?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I didn't. I think it was because of the build and the player's file. I'm testing this theory at the moment.

Yep. 2 player files now and the problem of the weapons os solved.

The only thing remaining is the music table. :)

Music isn't working. Not even placing a working music.tbl I had from previous version.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
The missions have to be edited to use the FS1 music. Search around the board. There should be edited versions you can download.

Well, last time they were using the music.tbl fine. So should work too. Specially with the vps and all :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK, here's what I'm getting.

A - You're not getting music at ALL.  No FS1 or FS2 right?

B - You may have or have not altered the FS1 missions to use the FS1 music.

Likely Problem - Just a guess, but you may have the ogg FS2 music (either as part of the Zpack, or mv_music, or extracted) and the FS1-enabled music table doesn't have the proper entries for the ogg tracks.

Just my theory at this point.

A - FS2's
B - Did neither.

No ogg music. Not even downloaded mv_music. I still have to read the port's vps. :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK.  The problem is that the mission files are still referencing the FS2 music themes.  Once the FS1 music VP and table file is in-place, in order to have FS1 music in the port, you must open each mission (in either FRED Open or in a text editor) and change the mission music and briefing music to match the corresponding FS1 tracks.  That also means that you have to look up each of the original missions (from FS1) to see what the music themes should be.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I spent the better part of a few hours doing just that. :p Here are the fruits of my labor, to save you the bother. :)

Offline dizzy

• http://dizzy.roedu.net
Oki, so how can I use these files along with the existent fsport VPs ?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just drop them in the missions folder.