Author Topic: My BlackHole  (Read 3552 times)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
ARGHHH

nice, just a few comments:
1. the acretion disc isn't dense enough
2. the center looks to white to me
3. the pulses look a bit weird, i dont't know exactly what's wrong, tough
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
in reality the you would never se the hole the disk is vastly larger than the hole the hoel is about the size of a planet for your averal bh but teh acrerication disak can e teh size of a solar system or larger so the ceter will appear very very very very very very very bright and the disks density well thats all down how much material avaible for it to such up=) most hoels dont have any accertion disk thats why they ahrd to find when they have acertion disk they so bright nobody has proved that there are black holes at the center yet but it seems the only likely explantion
ARGHHH

ok, no offense killmenow, but can you please try to correct the typo`s berfore you post,i read your  message 3 times, and it's still hard to make out what you mean.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline 01010

Originally posted by kasperl
ok, no offense killmenow, but can you please try to correct the typo`s berfore you post,i read your  message 3 times, and it's still hard to make out what you mean.

Ha ha ha, classic.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
The accretion disc looks pretty flimsy. It really needs work. The polar flares look excellent, however, as does the center of the disc. Oh, and the starfield sucks.

So:
disc and stars :no:
center and flares :yes:

:D
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Ooooo!  X-ray spectrum (only way you'd see those jets).
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
ok i made the disk abit thikcer - for the starfield any suggestiosn i just use a huge point cloud
ARGHHH

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
Originally posted by Eishtmo
Ooooo!  X-ray spectrum (only way you'd see those jets).

not true - while yes they are emiiting in x-ray and in some cases even gamma - there still emiting light too - same to assume they will be emiiting everythign upto the hghest energy level they emmiting - thats why these thigns show up so much on radio telescopes casue they putting out alot of radio waves along with x-rays and lightand all the inbetweens too
ARGHHH

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
update - pissed off severely i quit the animation afew frames early cause i was bored waiting 550 frames and i quite at 540 and it screw it up and i lost the whole thing =( argh knew i should have used divx instead of mpeg4
ARGHHH

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Rendering direct to animation is usually a bad idea, for exactly that reason. ;)

The accretion disc is looking better, but its still looking flimsy.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Very nice, but lacks definition. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
ah the animated version is so kick ass its nto true =) i'll see how much i can compress it its 76mb at the moment far to much for my connection if i can get it down to about 5 i'll upload =) hehehe lvoe it
ARGHHH

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
That's true, seeing something move is oh-so different. Good idea, see how far you can get it down to... I'm willing to download anything about <100mb really, if it's worth it. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Setekh
I'm willing to download anything about <100mb really, if it's worth it. ;)

:wtf: :shaking:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
http://www.3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/ott/killmenowstuff/acertion.avi

aniamted version compression is not great qualitybut its only 1 mb =) tell me what you think

afew things to take into consieration though its  sprite based particles not hv's - thye dont appear to be spiraing in but they are ever so sligtly it was a compromises from having to hide active emiters to keep teh density up and having them spiral in or jsut havin them spiralling slowly but a lower number of particles

also i intend to slow down teh out particles abit they seems to be going abit fast but seems about right for the inner ones i think

also opinions you think it should spin the other way?

also:

hey nice to see you back setekh, hope this means things are better with your mum
ARGHHH

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Setekh
That's true, seeing something move is oh-so different. Good idea, see how far you can get it down to... I'm willing to download anything about <100mb really, if it's worth it. ;)

steak posted...tell me I'm not halucinating and that date really says 12-26-2002...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by Analazon

steak posted...tell me I'm not halucinating and that date really says 12-26-2002...
He's back. :p

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Analazon

bring yourself up to date.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,12304.0.html
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Anaz

Originally posted by Stunaep

bring yourself up to date.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,12304.0.html

ok...cool...thx...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...