Author Topic: The VERY original Enterprise before NX-01  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
The VERY original Enterprise before NX-01
:nod:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Originally posted by Sandwich

Am I the only one to find this funny?
I laughed.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol:

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
Originally posted by Sandwich
Am I the only one to find this funny?

I was about to post a :lol:, but after seeing KT's post I decided it was better not to.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Knight Templar
:nod:

Bah. You stink. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
meh.. I did laugh.. It was just along the lines of "No ****?"

anywho.. makes a nice siggy quote as you noticed

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yup. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Where did CP5670's quote come from?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh gosh, it was one of those threads we were debating.... politics, science, religion - take your pic.

*does a search*

Ahh, found it! http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,9441.0.html AND person AND including AND you&pagenumber=2

Read down the page...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wow... :lol:

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve

any reason why you're quoting me to say that?

no, why?
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
hmmm something seems different about you two lately... can't quite put my finger on it though...

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
I laughed.

People? Laughing? At one of my jokes?!?:wtf:

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
Originally posted by Knight Templar
hmmm something seems different about you two lately... can't quite put my finger on it though...

I could cut the tension with a chainsaw.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
[l]racial tension ala interracialhomoerotiscim, or are you just having a real life tiff?[/l]

EDIT: Sorry, had to remind myself that I don't really care.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Stunaep

no, why?

hokay :D

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
heh, so now would be a bad time to point out that the NX-01 never existed in the Trek timeline? ;)

If you look carefully in the rec room scene in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, you see every vessel bearing the name Enterprise upto that point in time. :)
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
um.. they wrote it in.. Enterprise wasn't thought of when they wrote the motion pic.. besides.. The Time Travely Suluban dealer man will probably **** them over into the future or erase them form time or something.

would make for a different series ending.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
How can you write something in that contradicts everything else in the franchise?

Then again, what more should I expect from two morons that couldn't give two ****s about a decent story or continuity.  Just as long as they get the chance to show some two-bit actor in a tight uniform....
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ugh.  I hoped that when the new series came out, they'd get the DS9 writers rather than the VOY writers.  Unfortunately, that was not to be the case.  I haven't watched a single episode since Broken Bow.

And they think they can make an "original" old ship design just by sticking some TOS nacelles on an Akira. :rolleyes: :mad: