Author Topic: New MOD for FS2  (Read 1745 times)

Hi all,

Im currently planning and creating a new mod for FS2.

The project will have an overall mission lengh of 44 maps + new skins models etc.

The story takes place two years after the 2nd Great War.

Im looking for mappers, a website master, story creation team and skinners.

If anyone wishes to join please contact me.
The project leader of the CROSS OVER mod.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
you play a lot of UT, don't you? :p

welcome to the HLPBB.. spammarz will swarm to fire off beams at you any minute.

by maps, I assume you mean missions, and by 44, I say good luck. :nod:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
:nod: Hy i can make your webmaster. But not more because i'm the project leader of my own mod.
ICQ# 225077850
E-mail [email protected]
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A bit of friendly advice. The FS2 community is rather staff poor. If you want to get staff you have to really wow us by having a campaign outline that is so good people throw themselves at you to work with you.

I only work on two campaigns cause I can`t devote my time to anything else. I had intended to only work for one but when I read the outline for MindGames I knew I wanted to work on it and I was willing to even spend time working on it instead of my own personal campaign. As time went on I believed so much in the campaign I joined that I ended up joint leader. That's the kind of dedication you need to instill.

Simply telling us that you`ve got an idea isn`t enough. Everyone on this board has ideas for campaigns. Put up a rough mission outline showing us as much as you can about your campaign without giving away the surprises (I`m assuming you do have surprises :D ). If you can wow enough of us then you`ll get help. If you only have a rough outline of a story idea then write some missions yourself or make a mod and show it to the community. What you really need to do is produce something to show us that you are worth working with. Things might be slightly different if you were a well known and respected member of
the community. Who knows? If your plotline is good enough you may become one.  But at the moment we don`t know you or anything much about you.

Anyway I'm not saying all this to discourage you from your campaign. There are a lot of us working on our own private campaigns either cause we couldn`t get help or cause we didn`t want it. But a campaign is a lot of work and many fall by the wayside. You really need to convince us that the storyline is good and that you have the skills to work well with your team. Do that and you`ll get a team.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 11:58:33 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Knight Templar

welcome to the HLPBB.. spammarz will swarm to fire off beams at you any minute.

Look who's talking. :rolleyes: . Don't even try showing off to Shrike like that.

Anyway, Staff poor we are, yes.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Well i've made a few of the missions (around 13 so far, all with voice acting home made FMV's and ANI's) Ill get em hosted and post the link for download.

Ill also post the story up once I;ve written it down for you.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Lord Lukav
home made FMV's

*raises eyebrow*

Interesting...

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Well, I've never been accused of spamming before.  This is a first.  And from such a source, too! ;)
Anyway...

*Fire Control, target Lord Lukav.  Warm up the beam.  And... FIRE!*

Exits are to the sides and rear.  Personal flamethrowers are located beneath your seat in case of emergency or naughty disposition.  If you run into any Shivans while crawling through the ductwork, it's probably just Carl.  Give him your lunch, back away slowly, and you'll be fine.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well i've made a few of the missions (around 13 so far, all with voice acting home made FMV's and ANI's) Ill get em hosted and post the link for download.

No need to post everything. I wouldn`t want you to give away too much. The first couple of missions would be enough and a few pics or better yet clips of your ani's and FMV would be even better.

But let me put it this way. If you can prove you`ve got what you`ve just posted, you`ve gone a long way towards impressing people already :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
welcome on HLPBB
home made FMV :yes:
i have done few FMV`s year a go it`s not that hard
now i make them for my friends project

Good luck with mod:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline FreeTerran

:wtf: Shall i now make your webmaster.
:yes: or :no:

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Knight Templar

by maps, I assume you mean missions, and by 44, I say good luck. :nod:

I made a campaign with 39 main missions and 6 branch mission so altogather 45. Alone! So it must not be a great task for four of five FREDers. Otherwise it is merely a campaign using my own TBL data, no new ships, skins, webpage etc.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Solatar

Go over to the VWBB and ask for Stealth. He's really good at websites, he might help.;) But he's got so many other projects, don't count on it.:D

Originally posted by Hades
Go over to the VWBB and ask for Stealth. He's really good at websites, he might help.;) But he's got so many other projects, don't count on it.:D

Free Terran is doing the website for the project so dont need one now, but thanks for the advice :)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
psh, go die. Both of you :p

S' been a good 3 months since i've touched that beam
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline FreeTerran

Free Terran is doing the website for the project so dont need one now, but thanks for the advice :)

;7 YAP i make the website.