Author Topic: When bad parents can't take the blame....  (Read 9195 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
When bad parents can't take the blame....
I guess there's more to the guardians than what is said there, actually...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
an0n: This is one of those threads to remember and bump in a year, ah?

And were the S-A missiles on the house, or what? They charge, no ****ing way it's worth it, but...

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
So anon, you basic premise is "nothing you can do to stop human stupidity/hatred/greed so sit back and enjoy the ride?"

I hate people like you. Its very convenient that your approach consists of doing nothing other than enjoying life and profiting from the misery of others. Its harder to go through life (even if you dont change anything) worrying about all the problems and ****, and your own inability to stop them, then your approach.

Its just an accident that you have chosen the easiest way through life, and that you believe anything else is futile, right?

You're not insightful, you're not realistic, you're lazy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2003, 09:38:11 am by 644 »

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
So Stalin finally made it to America. Not really comparable to what he did back in the '30-s, but well, yeah.

Let's just say that those people deserve to be taken out and shot.:doubt:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Nico

• Venom
I can't see how legal it is to break in someone's room, tie 'em up and extrade them w/o their consent, to begin with :doubt:
ah, yeah, they're minors, poor bastards.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Miners?
;)

Offline Rictor

Originally posted by Venom

Your profile indicates that most of the guys there are like you, rebels, anarchists, that think only of stupid useless weapons and crap, who are against any form of authority bare their own. You'd be sent there, you'd turn into the kind of people you dispise most, and you pray that thing? Inconsistancy to the highest degree if you ask me.
That said, you say all this just to try and make people shocked, nothing more, imho. As usual.

wait, I'm confused. Are you agreeing with anon, or with those against him, or with no one or with everyone? Maybe its just me..

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
Miners?
;)

herm, you have me confused there. dunno, don't remember the name. don't care...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Rictor

wait, I'm confused. Are you agreeing with anon, or with those against him, or with no one or with everyone? Maybe its just me..

yes, it is, but the other way around :p
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by an0n
Basically, it seems like a Buddhist retreat with guards.

You clearly know very little about Buddhism.

It is human nature to lust after power (and subsequently money). So as long as the people who run these places still want power, and the parents still want power over their kids, places like this will continue to run, regardless of what anyone says or does.

This is correct.

However, many people would be fighting their human nature if they were to NOT feel outraged at this. If everyone who cared for freedom were to not bother, then these ****ty things we see would become a lot worse, a lot more quickly. The world is already ****ed over by human greed and desire, but if everyone were to completely give up like you recommend, we would all be morally, socially, and spiritually falling lower and lower into a pit of greed and selfishness at an even more uncontrollable speed. I would not want to live in a world filled with people that cared solely for their own pleasure without any shining light of compassion and idealism.

Some people will want these things for power, some people will be angry at this and resist. Its all natural, and an0n, you seem to be slagging one side off, yet this side bears just as natural a reaction as Jay Kay's supporters. So stop telling them to give up.

an0n I've noticed you have drastically different views to everyone else here. I'd be interested to know why. Let me know.

Peace

Jack

Offline diamondgeezer

Buddhism's the one with the scuicide bombing, right?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
No, Buddhism's the one with the "Lets cover ourselves in petrol and set ourselves on fire" people.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

No, Buddhism's the one with the "Lets cover ourselves in petrol and set ourselves on fire" people.

I've never heard of this - would you care to explain or provide a link?

Jack

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Not much to it.

As a protest against Vietnam (or for it, I forget), some monk(s) set themselves on fire.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline diamondgeezer

I was playing Eurofighter Typhoon and a news report said a buddhist monk had 'immolated' himself in a peace protest. Nice way to go.

Offline Rictor

good job, pick the single worst example ever. Buddhists literally wouldnt hurt a fly, so your association to any sort of violence is stupid.

According to you, Islam is the "lets crash some planes into buildings" religion, Christianity is the "lets anhiliate 6 million Jews" religion and Judaism is...what?

get real man, or atleast get educated

Offline diamondgeezer

and Judaism is...what?

Rape Palestine? BTW, an0n is going to prove you oh so wrong.

good job, pick the single worst example ever. Buddhists literally wouldnt hurt a fly, so your association to any sort of violence is stupid.

So very true. an0n, The Buddhists were not protesting either for or against Vietnam, they saw past that... they were protesting for the end of war, the end of suffering on both sides, period. You forgot the mention the hundreds of monks who peacefully protested and were kidnapped, arrested, and murdered by the U.S. Government and right-wing extremists.

The fire incident is probably a 0.0001% occurance between Buddhists.

But in response to how you were saying effort spent was a waste.. in exchange for those lives, the hard work the monks put into starting community shelters, providing food and help in any way they could saved thousands upon thousands of lives. They had no political motive, they only wished to help end suffering, yet they were seen as a Pro-Communist movement and were targetted for it. But hey - their effort DID help thousands. Things can be done.