Author Topic: Sort of a stupid hardware question  (Read 989 times)

Offline Solatar

Sort of a stupid hardware question
I'm shopping around for an flatscreen monitor, and I found a nice one (okay...17" and not very expensive)over at www.newegg.com . The only problem I foresee is that it was in the Mac section of the site. It has the same cables and everything as my current monitor, but I was wondering if it would work with my comp. I have Windows XP Home Edition and a ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb graphics card.

BTW - It's the same company that makes my current monitor, in case that helps anyone.:)

Offline Grey Wolf

Can you link to the exact monitor?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i'm not familiar with Macs at all, but i'm sure you can get a little adapter which probably won't run you more than about $5.00

but yeah, linking to the monitor would be great :)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
you should have no problem hooking that thing up to your PC

Offline Solatar

sweet.

Offline Grey Wolf

They have it in the Windows section too. I prefer the NX version myself.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
What about drivers?

Offline Solatar

I made a mistake, as the link to monitors in the Mac section pointed to the same place as the Windows.

I guess it comes with drivers for both, or it is plug and play.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
If it has a standard connector, than it must be able to handle Windows.
At leas you start it up as standard monitor, than download the color sheets....ect. - I mean drivers - for the screen.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Uh... Macs don't have the same monitor ports as PCs. If it has a plug-and-play cable, it's not even a Mac monitor.

Offline Solatar

Yeah I just noticed that about three hours ago...don't know why the link to monitors from the Mac page...

Oh well, this thread was pointless, but that monitor is still ok for the price.:)

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Ach, sorry, didn't read that post right.

Anyway... LCD or what? I'm lookin' for a cheapish non-LCD monitor, something small...