Author Topic: Moral Boost: I have hope for Freespace2!  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Solatar

Moral Boost: I have hope for Freespace2!
I use multiple data directories also...but I didn't name them descriptively until recently...I have loads of "data", then my datauw, and datauw2. All counting...I have around 20...need to clean them up...

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
I have 2 installed: unmodded and Inferno. If any other good mods come out then make it 3 :D

Only downside is that they take up 1.4GB per copy. Pretty soon my 60GB hardrive will be filled :eek:

Offline Solatar

w00t. I cleaned up my FS2 folder.

and I didn't delete anything important this time...:p

My FS2 CDs are too scratched up to make another install. I need to buy some CD cleaning stuff.  *Goes to Office Depot and takes all the free samples*

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
I have 2 installed: unmodded and Inferno. If any other good mods come out then make it 3 :D

Only downside is that they take up 1.4GB per copy. Pretty soon my 60GB hardrive will be filled :eek:

Why on Earth did you reinstall Freespace a second time just to play Inferno? It's one VP file! Play it then rename the .vp and it will be like it never existed.

I've never understood why people install multiple copies of FS2 and then complain about the space it takes up. I'm working on 3 campaigns at the moment and playing inferno and I've managed to do so from one install.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I am making BAT files, which replace unwanted TBLs from the game. So I want to play the unmodded version, I make an unmod.bat, which replaces all TBLs to a dir: Saved Table. That simple.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
Originally posted by TopAce
I am making BAT files, which replace unwanted TBLs from the game. So I want to play the unmodded version, I make an unmod.bat, which replaces all TBLs to a dir: Saved Table. That simple.

TBL unwanted? this is new i never do see that some one hates TBL`s but you can`t do that because  TBL are important files
of course i think SCP could do that

if i am wrong i am sorry:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I meant unwanted TBL files, those TBLs, which are not original tables, and I want to play the original game, then I remove the 'unwanted' modified TBL.

the fs_root(?).vp has the original TBLs, I don't touch them!

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
then go tables dir and remove them

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano

That's what the bat file does in half the time :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I've forgottten why i posted here. Something to do with freespace, i'm sure. I'll just say it's good then, and leave.

Freespace is good.

*leaves*

Hey, Edwin, nice to see some friendly faces.
This is a Signature virus. Help me spread by putting me in your sig.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano

We don't understand each other, never mind.:cool:

Hope for the Fs you say? Sure!

Just look at the influx of new people we are experiencing.  Most must have come for Inferno, or TBP, but hey, they are here, none the less.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

I agree with Kal. Honestly, when he said we fans have made better ships then the V's, that says alot about our love for this game and the genre. I was just the other night thinking, damn slowly FS2 is leaving my thirst to write my story/mod, and move onto freelancer, which it too is getting dull. what fs2 is great at is the fact that here we hav a great engine, easy to learn and modify, and we got guys all over HLP and everywhere else still churning out MODS by the dozens every other week.

i was reading an article how some online guys made a Return to castle wolfienstien add-on where as it was free, and it WAS VERY POPULAR. why cant we do the same? i mean theres alot of mods out there, made by people we all know and love, and never see cause well, he dark lol, but the point is, u got BWO, u got Lightning Marshal, you got Inferno (which has been worked on for the last i dunno 2-3 yrs or so?), and we got alot of peeps with ideas. i think that some of us should attempt to get these MODS released BY Volition or on some CD in a magazine. make some old FS2 fans undust those fs2 disks!

NOw here comes the point of the point... We have the Source, we have the skills, and we have the know how and knowledge. Why is it that some of us, when the SCP guys finalize a EXE (hopefully never cause it keeps getting better!), we get a group of people togeather, and make an entirely new game, based on the 2003-HLP Freespace 2 Engine? i dunno, or maybe a full add-on? or an entirely new Freespace universe game made by us, possibly get it out to a magazine as freeware or sumthin, and see if volition rekindles hope in our lil hearts.

now this is a lot i said, and i probrbaly dont make any sense anymore but the fact remains, FS2 is far from dead, over the hill yes, falling down it, NO. :ha:

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
:nod: Good Speech Kal :nod:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny to read H.I.G.'s posts with a Russian accent?:ha:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
:wtf: Where did that come from?

More to the point, everything is fun with a jamaican accent.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny to read H.I.G.'s posts with a Russian accent?:ha:

and

Originally posted by Knight Templar
.....More to the point, everything is fun with a jamaican accent.

Accent here, accent there, grammar is the most important.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
I agree, this should be a good year for fs2.  

Bwo is coming along extremely well, 158th is rocking, only a few missions to go and all missions will be finished or in production, and I know that MT is moving along as well, the pace may be a little slow, but the staff is smaller and things are being reorganized to streamline the process.  Work continues on my own project...Combat Federation, and Origins of mine and Lt's design.  Alot of things will happen and come out this year.  Not just 2003, but from july 2003 to july 2004.  I think we will see many good things happen.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 04:40:15 pm by 820 »
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny to read H.I.G.'s posts with a Russian accent?

:wtf: :wtf:

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
i don't know.

H.I.G and i have to go get explosive to make bomb so we can kill moose and squirrel.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1