Author Topic: Sppeed test  (Read 10205 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
*Looks at all the results*

*cries* :(
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I had a 10 mb/s download and upload. :P.  I only pay 30 a month for this too.

(how many kb/s is that???  100000???)
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
2003-10-17 22:13:11 EST: 1038 / 778
Your download speed : 1038163 bps, or 1038 kbps.
A 126.7 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 778664 bps, or 778 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!

I guess it'll have to do. The Hilton proxy setup does horrible things to my speeds.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

I only pay £50 a year for my connection.  It's great being able to download the 600Mb HL2 demo movie in 15 minutes.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by adwight

:hopping: Is that even possible? What connection is it?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by adwight

Is that 10 megabit or 10 megabyte? There's a big difference, you know. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Woolie Wool

HOLY LIViNG FSCK:eek:

I love my university internet connection. :)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Kosh

I love my university internet connection. :)

Meh who cares. You spend most of yor day at home. Besides, I don't need an uber fast internet. As long as I have a good Transfer Rate of 100kb/s and pay the same price for it every month, I am happy. :p This is after all 20 times better than on a 56k.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Personally I find that I appreciate much more being connected 24/7 than I do the extra speed - once you get past 10-20KBps, that is. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I admit I would get broadband for the always-online more than for the speed. I mean, I could check HLP five times a day instead of once... :D

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
should i test or not:drevil:

Spoiler:
because i use doubleT3 ;)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

I just ran this on one of my university's computers:

Download: 924kbps
Upload: 1122kbps

Wheeeee!
Its faster for sure, but its the middle of the day.

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
2003-10-20 08:33:06 EST: 1994 / 122
Your download speed : 1994476 bps, or 1994 kbps.
A 243.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 122193 bps, or 122 kbps

my home computer seems to be slow upload. :/
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Razor

Meh who cares. You spend most of yor day at home. Besides, I don't need an uber fast internet. As long as I have a good Transfer Rate of 100kb/s and pay the same price for it every month, I am happy. :p This is after all 20 times better than on a 56k.

I live on campus. So I actually kind of was at home.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
It's megabits, but it's still fricken fast.  Some Fiber Optic cable connection in my neighborhood.
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar