Author Topic: Geek Code  (Read 994 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
It's a little... no, make that a ****ing 10 years out of date. Today, EVERYBODY surf's the web daily.

Aside from that, it lost me after the word Unix.

[edit] of course, the babylon 5 part sorta made me think ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 08:23:03 am by 390 »
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Fractux

I though that was great.. had a good laugh.

Thanks for that.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Wow. I had my old GC on my hard drive from ages back. Updated GCB:
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/S/T d+@ s+:+ a30 C++++ U(BLHS*)++++ P--- L++ E---
W+++ N+ o-- K w O M- V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP+ t 5++ X+ R tv
b+++ DI++ D G e>++ h---- r+++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
GM/CS d+(-) s+:+ a? C++++ U(BL)>+++ P>+ L>+++ E-- W+++ N o-- K- w-- O M V- PS+ PE-- Y+ PGP> t  5? X? R tv-- b++++ DI D G e* h !r y?
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
I'd bother with this, if I could be bothered.

--------------------------

Sig

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Finally got around to composing my own. :p See if you can spot the humorus bit I "hacked" in there. ;)

GCM/CS/IT d- s++:+> a->120 C++ UL(++++@) P L(+)>++@ E? W+++$ N o? K- w(+) !O@ M@ V? PS-- PE? Y+ PGP- t++@ 5(?) X(++@) R-(--) !tv b+(++++)>++ DI-(+) D+(--@) G e h!>-- r%>+++ y-
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Just by you hacking your own bits in, that makes you upgrade from a geek to a dweeb...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
  GO d- s+:- a--- C++ ULB++++ P+ L++ E- W+++ N++ o+ K w
  O M+ V PS- PE- Y+ PGP++ t 5+ X+ R tv+ b+++ D++
  G++ e h r y-

And there we go. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Razor
Geeks! :p

Oh yes. :D

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
OMLWTFAUPDIIRJNFAAITIAIS

Seriously, it begs belief(or something)
Got Ether?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Its a really odd site.
Got Ether?

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
you.....alll......are wierd.
I hate My signature!

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 02:53:56 am by 390 »
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.