Author Topic: Mobile Phones/bricks..  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I started out January 19th, 1997 with this:

Then a year or so later I got a Nokia 232:

Which got upgraded to a Samsung 411 a year later:

The phone company pushed me to upgrade a year ago, so I got an LG 510:

Which is the phone I'm using now. However, I have in my possesion a Sony Ericsson T68i, which I'll switch to as soon as I can get the data cable to unlock the darn thing. :p

SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I've got a Samsung SGH-V200. It keeps crashing every few moments or so, very annoying.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
My SGH-C100 works fine it seems, but it's overcomplicated.
There's a darn notebook in there, but you can't call a people in the list directly, you have to access a stupid menu...
ah well, I got it for free, can't complain. And I have arcanoid on it :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
5210, the spak proof phone i managed to break ... GO ME!! WOO!
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Sheepy
5210, the spak proof phone i managed to break ... GO ME!! WOO!

What's a spak?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
[color=cc9900]I think it means 'Spastic', i.e. cerebral palsy.[/color]

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Still lost I think.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

i have/had a Siemens C/M 35 (i) (wouldn't know what one exactly if it could save my life) but it turned out leaving it in a vest pocket during a laundry round isn't good for a cell.

now, i have something called a "swing 2000" from the fone company as a temp, but the batt lasts about 3 minutes.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Originally posted by Odyssey
[color=cc9900]Sony-Ericsson T610:

[/color]

ialso own a T610. personally i think this is one of the phones on the market right now
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
Originally posted by Windrunner
ialso own a T610. personally i think this is one of the phones on the market right now

Unlike all other phones on the market being on the market? :p
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I've heard bad things about the t610's reception and screen visibility in daylight - is this true?

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
[color=cc9900]Reception I can't really judge, as I live in a pretty poor area for reception anways (rural) and not many people are on the same network. However my friend with a Nokia 7210 gets around the same, and if I do a GSM search on my phone I can usually pick up other networks where the people on those networks get no signal. So my experience with the reception hasn't been bad.
Screen visibility is average. Yes, it isn't a TFT, it's an STN, but it really doesn't make that much difference for a phone. I've never come across a situation where the screen was completely and utterly impossible to read. That includes with the low suns we're getting at this time of year.[/color]

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
[color=66ff00]I have the rather asthetically pleasing Motorola V60i, I also have a nokia 3210, a motorola v100, a siemens c45 and a phillips savvy. I fixed the nokia 3210 and it's going to a mate. Quite a collection but I only really use the motorola phones. The v100 is quite interesting and useful especially since I really only use SMS.

I can fix most 2nd generation phones and unlocking is pretty simple for nokia 2nd generation phones so I often unlock phones for friends.
[/color]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Nokia 3350 a while ago, upgraded to an 8310. With really bright backlighting.

All five people in my family own our own mobiles. Leashes indeed, Mik.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
I haev a pretty worn out t68 that I'm going to upgrade to a t68i. got it used, because I wanted bluetooth and didn't feel like paying a whole lot for a new phone even if I needed one. my t20 I had before got a little too wet and didn't work so well afterwards. before that I had a crappy motorola brick. before that I borrowed my fathers NMT brick.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH