Author Topic: Paintshop Pro  (Read 1386 times)

Offline magatsu1

I've seen it on Amazon for £50 (apparantly half price).
Shopping around, I've seen Photoshop, Fireworks etc and the going rate is £300 plus at least.

The offer looks pretty damn good.
Anyone care to offer any opinions regarding any texture/artwork proggys, as regards to creating FS/game textures ?
Any recommendations ?

Ta.
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
If it doesn't hurt you to pay 300+ for Toshop, go for toshop.
Otherwise, go for PSP, coz it's about the same, in a bit less advanced.
SCREW CANON!

Offline magatsu1

I have £300, but it'd be a major waste if I tried it a couple of times then never touched it.

I was actually curious why there was such a big diff. in the price.

I imagine PSP would be a good starting point though.

Offline Nico

• Venom
The reason? There's no reason for such a gap. I could agree for... let's be wild, 10 more £ for toshop, coz it's definitively better. But 250£? No way in hell. That's a complete rip of, much like any professional graphical applications are way overpriced ( be it 3D packages, PP packages, sequence editors, etc ).
SCREW CANON!

Offline magatsu1

Thanks for the advice.
Just order PSP for £53 all in.

You could try to get an older version of Photoshop from Adobe for much less than the current one... and it may be even cheaper than PSP. I'm not sure about it, but it's a possibility. At least, my graphics teacher told me something like that.
"Come, my friends, 'tis not too late to seek a newer world." – Lord Tennyson, "Ulysses"

Offline magatsu1

I've never used either so I don't suppose it really matters one way or the other.
but £300 ?11 :shaking:

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
well I have to say that it's many years that I don't test psp, so I don't know about its recent progresses, btw from what I know by direct experience and talking with other PSP users, there IS a sense in that gap, but you have to be at a very high level (wich I'm not) to appreciate the difference.
If you just want to start, there's no reason to spend that much for photoshop, since you will not use what you have paid for.
BTW I know thare are "limited" versions of photoshop and discount for students.
And photoshop7 isn't muh different than photoshop6 , so if you find the older version at a good price go for it. Forget about version 5 instead.
There also are many free or very cheap programs around the web, and if you are at you first experiences it will probably be better to learn at least some basics with them first, and then try the demos of both PSP and PS before spending too much money.

Offline Nico

• Venom
Btw, about photoshop, that's quite, hmm, well, see by yourself:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114118

:p
SCREW CANON!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
ahahahhahah:)
that's incredible:)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
coool. Well, not good cool but impressive cool.

Or, if you want to try out Photoshop 7 (its more or less the industry standard) PM me about it.

Offline magatsu1

I tried the GIMP Karma but it was a little underwhelming.
Getting stuff online with dial-up is a real ballache.