Author Topic: Hippies.  (Read 4139 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by aldo_14

Well, that is you're reason right there........... I guess the diagnosis came from examining red blood cell counts or something, combined with eyewitness evidence.  This was a fairly long time ago, though, that i remeber this from.  At least 5 years ago, albeit I wouldn't be surprised if there were other cases.

I heard of this case. or one like it Apparently the victim (I think she was female) had heard of the dangerous of E and kept drinking large amounts of water to ensure that she was safe never realising that too much water is equally dangerous.

Too much water screws up the electrolytic balance of your cells. The salts leak out into the blood in an attempt to balance things out but cause you keep adding more water the cells have less and less of the ones they need.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Gank

Originally posted by J3Vr6
Wow, I never heard of that.  How did they prove she drank that much water, anyway?  It's always that the victim never drank enough water.  What XTC does is basically cooks you inside.  You have to drink water or you'll fry from the inside.  Baked brain, anyone?  When I did it I can certainly say I felt like my body was in an incubator.  Even the huge amount of water I drank didn't seem like it was enough to cool my body down.  And that's the problem with kids using it today, they don't learn enough about it before using and don't realize the amount of water they have to consume so they won't cook.

I personally knew someone who died from drinking too much water while off their tits. Nightclub we were in used to be wedged, guy was too hot, drank too much water, keeled over and died. Remember a few other cases of the same thing happening. There was a guy from ds came around the school after and gave us a lecture, good few years ago now but iirc its to do with metabolism and drinking water doesnt do jack ****. Doesnt happen everyone either iirc, I never broke a sweat on them and did quite a few. Anyways I'm sure you'll find something if you google it.

Btw the problem with e's today isnt the coke and heroin its mixed with, its the rat poison and other ****e.

And you shouldnt do that stuff, bad for you, rots your bone marrow and ****s with your brain chemistry, and could quite possibly leave you impotent.

Offline J3Vr6

Originally posted by 01010

Do you even know the difference between physical and mental addiction?

Heroin is a physical addiction, weed is not. I can smoke weed and go without, sure I want some, but it's not life or death and generally it's a nagging thought at the back of my mind occasionally. My body doesn't need the drug to function.

I can vouch for that.  Toking is not something that I hugely crave now that I stopped doing it.  And I did it for almost 3 years straight.  The only times that I'd get the urge is if I'm with friends that still do it and we all start talking about times we used to do it, or they go off to do it.  Other than that, it's mostly when I'm uber stressed that it would tug at me like, "hey, remember when u used to hover over the bong when you had a really really bad day?  Those were the good ol days..."

Also, ecstasy is a complete head**** and I know one guy that hasn't been the same since he started doing it. Never touch that ****, it's a waste of time.

Yeah, X is pretty bad, and I know people who do it a lot and they're not the same people I once knew.  Brain got cooked one too many times, I say.  The feeling I had from X was incredible, but the cost to the body is way too high that I probably would never do it again.
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline 01010

I can vouch for that.  Toking is not something that I hugely crave now that I stopped doing it.  And I did it for almost 3 years straight.  The only times that I'd get the urge is if I'm with friends that still do it and we all start talking about times we used to do it, or they go off to do it.  Other than that, it's mostly when I'm uber stressed that it would tug at me like, "hey, remember when u used to hover over the bong when you had a really really bad day?  Those were the good ol days..."

I enjoy smoking as a social thing, moreso than drinking in fact. I have real problems with people who demonize cannabis and then wash down their words with beer, the irony it seems is lost on them.

Yeah, X is pretty bad, and I know people who do it a lot and they're not the same people I once knew.  Brain got cooked one too many times, I say.  The feeling I had from X was incredible, but the cost to the body is way too high that I probably would never do it again.

Definitely not the same people, it's profoundly affected one guy I know to the point where you can barely hold a conversation with him because he can't think to talk, his brain is mashed and it's because he took too many pills, the danger is that they are so easy to take too.

I think the problem with E is that people treat it like a sweet that they take when they go out or whatever, whereas the reality of the drug is that it is very closely related to the effects of Psilocybin mushrooms and as fantastic as they are, you treat those things with respect cause otherwise you'll pay the price sooner or later.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
[color=66ff00]The ironic thing about shrooms is that you can sit outside a copshop over here and eat them in full view of the Nips (northern Ireland police service - priceless) and they can't touch you for it. Drop them in a cup of hot water and they can nick you instantly for possessing class B (IIRC) drugs.

Silly
[/color]

Offline 01010

Originally posted by Maeglamor
[color=66ff00]The ironic thing about shrooms is that you can sit outside a copshop over here and eat them in full view of the Nips (northern Ireland police service - priceless) and they can't touch you for it. Drop them in a cup of hot water and they can nick you instantly for possessing class B (IIRC) drugs.

Silly
[/color]

That's what I find odd. I buy mine from a local store and they are almost always out of stock and the police know about it. Unfortunately there is a loophole and it's quite a big one. Wonder how long before they close it.

Personally I don't think the police are too bothered by it, someone shrooming is hardly likely to do any harm from my experience, more likely to sit in a field in wonder at how ****ing fantastic everything is :)

Any form of preparation for shrooms is a Class A.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
IIRC "Nips" was also a derogatory slang term the US troups in the pacific theater used to refer to the japenese -- i think it's short for "nipponese"
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! HIPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Oy vey, I didn't think I'd set off this much commotion with a simple question. :D

Personally, I think hippies were pretty cool. And they've got the right idea... peace and free love.

*waits to get flamed*
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Ecstacy is perfectly safe as long as you remember two things: Only drink as much water as you lose as sweat while dancing; Never use it for prolonged periods.

The things with ecstacy is that is disables that "I need to piss" feeling and the "I need to drink feeling". So you get morons who either don't know anything, don't drink water, dehydrate, overheat and die. Or you get people who've heard half-truths and drink way too much water and basically drown themselves.

The only real problem with E's is if you're taking them every week, in which case they cause some memory loss and a kind of permenant state of 'emptiness' because your body gets used to the massive amounts of.....err......Seratonin? Dopamine? I forget.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline 01010

Originally posted by an0n
Ecstacy is perfectly safe as long as you remember two things: Only drink as much water as you lose as sweat while dancing; Never use it for prolonged periods.

The things with ecstacy is that is disables that "I need to piss" feeling and the "I need to drink feeling". So you get morons who either don't know anything, don't drink water, dehydrate, overheat and die. Or you get people who've heard half-truths and drink way too much water and basically drown themselves.

The only real problem with E's is if you're taking them every week, in which case they cause some memory loss and a kind of permenant state of 'emptiness' because your body gets used to the massive amounts of.....err......Seratonin? Dopamine? I forget.

It's seratonin and that's why the comedown is so bad. Seratonin is basically the happy chemical that your body produces, a single E will deplete your seratonin completely and it takes up to a year to fully redevelop to pre E levels.

Offline J3Vr6

And to think, I took 3 in one night (started the first at 6:45 pm and took the last at 5:30am the next day).
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline 01010

My friend did that, took him a week to fully recover. Personally if I'm going to **** with my head I use mushrooms, those things are crazy.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
One of my pals took one, waited like 5 minutes, decided it wasn't working then took 3-4 more.

He disappeared for a few hours and turned up as everyone was catching the train home. He had no memory of anything that happened in those 'missing hours' and couldn't sleep for days.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline icespeed

This is my personal opinion. It does not necessarily apply to anyone here (or not here, for that matter).

I can't conceive of wanting to take recreational drugs. Reality is always better than fantasy, and if it isn't, then something is wrong with me, not with reality. In which case I should go and find something to do, instead of just stoning myself or whatever. Pain or happiness or anything: why would one want to dull those experiences by inducing false ones?
It's almost as though life is being cheapened.
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Experience = Events + Chemical Balance In Brain.

All you're doing is altering the equation slightly to produce more favourable results.

It's like how.......err...........Hmmmm:

Say someone called you a 'little slut'. Now, if it was your best friend of 45 years, someone who you were always joking around with, it'd be fine. But if it was some strange man in a club you'd see it as a bad thing (I hope).

All drugs do is help you to interpret things in the sense of the former rather than the latter.

Offline icespeed

But it's artificial.

I'm not a technophobe or progressphobe or whatever, but why would you want to artificially alter your own perceptions of the world? wouldn't it be better if you could naturally perceive the world in a good way?

(the fact that im a Christian probably gives me a slightly different view point as well.)
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline 01010

It's not artificial, it's very real, you alter your perception of the world around you, nothing in reality changes, you simply see things in ways that you wouldn't think to normally.

In fact the perceptions I've had of certain things on drugs have altered my sober perceptions and mostly for the better. I appreciate the smallest of things that I normally took for granted, I treat my family and friends better and I've found a sense of who I am. Not to say that I couldn't have achieved these things soberly but I don't think I would have.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
The thing about it is: All you're doing with E is enhancing your natural moods.

It has the same effect as getting a massage, only stronger.

Something as simple as looking at a puppy can change the chemical balance in your brain towards the happy end of the emotional spectrum. So what difference is there between looking at a puppy for an hour and taking an E, aside from the E producing a more potent response?

None.

Everything you say and do in life alters the chemical balance in your brain, it's just that if you leave it upto nature you expose yourself to the possibility of the bad emotions getting into your head. The only possible argument against using mood-enhancing drugs (aside from the side-effects which I'm assuming for the moment don't exist) is that it's directly opposing nature. But that only holds true if you believe the natural emotional states are the best, as opposed to believing they are merely the most capable of keeping you from harm in a 'natural selection' sense.

Anyway, I've got 500ml of Whiskey in me so I'll argue this more capably later......

Offline 01010

Anyone that is drunk on whiskey before 7pm earns my respect. Keep it up.