Author Topic: Today's Reason To Frown  (Read 14813 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
Originally posted by Setekh
Ack! You're the third HLPer I've recently heard to have a serious health problem. Hope you recover, HIG. :)

thanks god it's not that big proplem it's just water in my leg [I don't know medical term) I'am going next week to hospital here doctors take that out:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Todays Reason to Frown:

I still have 2 exams left to write!  AHHH!!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
todays reason to frown... I posted a nice working good quality 14" monitor to my friend and they broke it during the trip. Damned and I didn't even pay extra in order to get a "Breakable" mark to the package which possibly means no money back. Didn't think they would throw it that hard :doubt:
Habeeb it...

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
my reason to frown..

Artist/Writer's block... big time.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
This sounds really lame, but my right-handed ring fingernail just snapped. :o That means I can't play fingerpicking on my guitar until it grows back... which is like, my prime hobby for leisure (aside from taking photos). Gonna take a couple of weeks to grow back. :(
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Ouch, that does suck man - it doesn't sound lame at all, kinda like if my bike were to get a puncture or break - yes I'd lose an important method of travel but I'd also lose a lot of freedom that I enjoy with that thing. Good luck growing it back! (I don't suppose you could get a fake could you? Just a thought).

As for me... it's a sunny day outside and I'm stuck in work. I've also got a lot of university application forms to go through when I get home... so that's my reason. Small really - but irritating.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Heh, thanks. Yes, in fact I could get an artificial one and stick it on, but they're kind of expensive and I guess I could use a little break. Cheers for the good wishes. ;)

Uni application forms, eh? What degrees are you applying for? Yeah, I empathise with being stuck indoors... I got that very same feeling today, and I'll be the same for the rest of the week (though it'll be at uni rather than work). Hopefully you'll be able to get out and about in the days to come, since Summer starts in a week. :nod:

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
ouch, that does suck..  i remembered when i rolled my ankle once, (which is quite easy for me, since i have hyper-mobile joints) and couldn't go for my nightly walk (yeah, i'm kinda trying to get fit, instead of being a fat slob) so it was kind of annoying to be stuck inside a fair bit. the loss of one bit of freedom and all.

also from time-to-time, i have a benign tremor in my hands (i.e, they shake like crazy) so it's well neigh impossible to draw anything..

but right now, what's irritating me, is the severe lack of decent art supplies, i'm particular about what medium i draw on, and right now, even the local K-mart doesn't have those visual arts diaries i use for my sketches and comicing. instead i have to use some crappy sketchbooks with only 20 or so sheets of paper, and pratically no backing on them..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
so, it's time for sharing one's malfunctions? :p
Well  have nothing that requires me to have a constant following of my health, but I have a few very annoying things:
1) my sight is awful ( to be blunt I have 1 and 3... )
2) I have a busted ankle ( was kid, played football, kicked the ball, the guy in front of me kicked it too. we both kicked VERY hard, at the  exact same time. Two kids down :p )
3) I have a busted back: right now, for exemple, I can hardly turn to my left w/o having a frigtening grin on my face.
Then there's a few other minor things.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Originally posted by Nico
so, it's time for sharing one's malfunctions? :p
Well  have nothing that requires me to have a constant following of my health, but I have a few very annoying things:
1) my sight is awful ( to be blunt I have 1 and 3... )
2) I have a busted ankle ( was kid, played football, kicked the ball, the guy in front of me kicked it too. we both kicked VERY hard, at the  exact same time. Two kids down :p )
3) I have a busted back: right now, for exemple, I can hardly turn to my left w/o having a frigtening grin on my face.
Then there's a few other minor things.

hey, nobody's perfect, that's what makes life fun, neh? ;)
   //Warning\\

Offline Nico

• Venom
I'd trade that kind of fun for something else anyday :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Zuljin

• Cake!
Todays reason to frown.
I just found out that my room mate's parents home burned down last night.
Burned down to the ground, nothing left :blah: :(

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
My sister was in a car crash today. :eek2: But she's safe now. The car's a total write-off, though...

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
My sister was in a car crash today. :eek2: But she's safe now. The car's a total write-off, though...

:eek2:
   //Warning\\

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh

Good to hear that she is safe:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Nico

• Venom
Today's reason to frown is that I have no reason to smile.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm sick. :(