Poll

What's best for putting on pancakes, eh?

Honey
1 (4.3%)
Chocolate Spread
0 (0%)
Jam (any old flavour)
1 (4.3%)
Lemon And Sugar
5 (21.7%)
Golden Syrup
2 (8.7%)
Minority Topping (like maple syrup)
9 (39.1%)
Other
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: February 24, 2004, 08:04:23 am

Author Topic: Shrove Tuesday  (Read 2181 times)

Offline diamondgeezer

More popularly known as Pancake day over here in Blighty. And before you merkins and canucks start posting - you guys have no idea what a real pancake is :)

I'm voting lemon and sugar cos it's the Daddy™ :nod:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Syrup de la maple. :nod:

since maple syrup is the only on that list i can eat (besides "other") without turning into a hyperactive 4 year old, that'll be my vote.

baking it with apple&raisins is pretty nice, though using bacon is pretty good too. (the utlra thin variety, the only on you can here :sigh: )
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
And before you merkins and canucks start posting - you guys have no idea what a real pancake is :)

Enlighten us.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
The blood of Christian babies.

No, really, try it. 'S good.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
More popularly known as Pancake day over here in Blighty. And before you merkins and canucks start posting - you guys have no idea what a real pancake is :)

I'm voting lemon and sugar cos it's the Daddy™ :nod:

Speaking as a Canuck, I say we do know what real pancakes are, but as usual, we get painted with the same brush as the Yanks....

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Piss off. The waffle-house breed aren't all ****ing Americans, y'know. I'm sure none of you lot are familiar with the concept of cooking your own meals, so the idea that what's in some ****ty chain restaurant isn't representative of what the majority of the population eats is wholly foreign to you, but grow some fecking common sense.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Sandwich
Enlighten us.

Basically a buggered-up wannabe french crepe
Originally posted by Thorn
Speaking as a Canuck, I say we do know what real pancakes are, but as usual, we get painted with the same brush as the Yanks....

Well you will live next to them. It's no-one's fault but your own

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Meh, French crepes are nice, English pancakes are nice, I've never tried the American variety but from the "stylised" impression of an entire ****ing stack of pancakes, doused in syrup, I don't think I'm the only one who gets the impression it's fattening - but then so is the English or French type if you eat enough. So that proves nothing.

As for me, I like mine with sugar and lemon or with chocolate or with syrup.

Offline diamondgeezer

Finally, a man of taste

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
You.. complimented.. me?

What have you done with diamondgeezer? Don't make me block you!

lemon and sugar.

Rock on, brothers.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Well you will live next to them. It's no-one's fault but your own

Dont remind me.

Originally posted by Stryke 9
Piss off. The waffle-house breed aren't all ****ing Americans, y'know. I'm sure none of you lot are familiar with the concept of cooking your own meals, so the idea that what's in some ****ty chain restaurant isn't representative of what the majority of the population eats is wholly foreign to you, but grow some fecking common sense.

is this aimed at the forum population, the American public, or DG?

in the first case, FYI, i can cook, butmy mom cooks most of the food ni the house. hell, she even bakes all our pies and stuff herself, because the no-sugar thing runs in the family.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

The merrics do do proper thick pancakes...just somewhat wider ones. I use to eat them  lot when I went to America on holiday.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by aldo_14

The merrics do do proper thick pancakes...just somewhat wider ones. I use to eat them  lot when I went to America on holiday.

Oh yeah, those American pancakes. We never did 'em that way at home. My mom always does the fill-the-10-inch-pan-from-side-to-side pancakes that are around 1/3 of a centimeter thick. Makes more sense, you can put a lot more syrup (or butter and honey, our regular topping) on each pancake.

So am I still an uncultured devil? ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
I am very protective of my pancakes. You do not dis them or I cut you.

Offline RandomTiger

Orange juice and sugar

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Golden Syrop
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline diamondgeezer

:ick: @ the above two posts