Author Topic: **** Approval at all-time low  (Read 12092 times)

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
**** Approval at all-time low
Since when is a guy with a gun in a combat zone a civilian?  Or what about the guy with binoulars and a radio ontop of a mosque radioing enemy positions?

Rictor, they look like civvies because they are intentionally dressing like civvies to try and fool the Americans.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
01010: People who intentionally ingest substances that damage their nervous system are quite different from most of the following
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline 01010

Except when their opinion agrees with yours obviously.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
01010: No, you just insist on that out of your own petulance - don't put words into my mouth

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Originally posted by Kazan
Rictor: you also have a habit of calling people who pick up a gun and fire on a soldier a civilian - until you fix that you're onpinion about military operations means exactly DICK

Ionia23: druggies should keep their opinions to themselves

No, I know the distinction quite well. I'm not talking about soldiers and militants. I'm talking about women, children, the elderly, and also men who were unarmed and not involved in any fighting. These number about 10,000 dead. If you were to take into account the legitimate targets (soldiers etc), this number would be closer to 100,000. Or are you going to claim that every man, woman and child in Iraq is an insurgent?

"Druggies' (I think the word you're looking for is junkies) do have the right to an opinio  same as you. They often have much clearer views than most people. Try to be mature about the issue....

Originally posted by ionia23

Just over 700 American soliders have been been killed in Iraq so far, not counting civilian worker casualties, Iraqis working with the coalition forces, and other members of the coalition.

*snip*

Maybe it just me, but you never really answered the question. They're far from home - so what? That doesn't give them carte blanche to waste civilans. Neither does being in a country that wants them dead.

Are the Iraqis to blame that America invaded? Or do you expect them to love the occupation? Any nation, and especially America, would fight an invader tooth and nail. I dunno, maybe I just didn't get what you were trying to say.

Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
That's about right....You may think of it in higher terms, but for the vast majority these last few years have been reactions by instinct, not knowledge.

And thats a bad thing, right? Should we defend millenia old faults of human nature, or try to better ourselves? I was under the assumption that humanity should try to rid itself of as many stupid, pointless faults as possible.

Progress, its called.

Originally posted by Liberator
Since when is a guy with a gun in a combat zone a civilian?  Or what about the guy with binoulars and a radio ontop of a mosque radioing enemy positions?

Rictor, they look like civvies because they are intentionally dressing like civvies to try and fool the Americans.

They live there for god's sake. They can't up and leave. 25 million people can't just evacuate cause America decided to invade. They have to live in a combat zone, how do you think that feels?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 06:41:07 pm by 644 »

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Rictor: 'right to' is completely different from 'should keep to themselves'

Offline Grey Wolf

I was just stating fact. Not saying we shouldn't improve ourselves, I'm just saying what we're doing now.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline 01010

Originally posted by Kazan
01010: No, you just insist on that out of your own petulance - don't put words into my mouth

I'm not, it's plainly evident from the way you react to arguments that you will pick up on any tiny shred of anything to try to discount someone elses views, the fact that anyone has done drugs does not limit their thought capacity, it does not limit their ability to form a rational opinion and hold a productive conversation. You just choose to think that it does when that person disagrees with you, I'm a "druggie" as you so call it, yet when I've agreed with you before you've never questioned it. However if I disagree suddenly my opinion is invalid.

You aren't consistent with your own reasoning, it makes you look like a dick.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
01010: When you agree with me it doesn't draw attention to you - i don't particularily like a druggie supporting my position either, but since i can support it just fine without them i ignore them and am too busy with the opposition

Drug addicts are irrational people, all irrational people (especially fundies) need to go commit suicide - a little voluntary gene pool cleansing would do the world good

Offline 01010

Aw, I bet you're just a teddy bear really.

Offline Grey Wolf

Kazan, you realize that some of your arguments are irrational. This means you are calling for your own death.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Rictor

Kids, kids, calm down. Have this conversation in the Marijuana ads thread, its not even remotely on topic here.

kara: well, we all (most of us anyway) know the facts of the matter. Whats your opinion on the subject, thats what I'm wondering.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Grey Wolf 2009: Hahaha, when you can actually shoot down one of my arguments then you can say they're irrational - i haven't made an argument yet that you can call a logical fallacy on and be RIGHT

Simple reason: I NEVER take any stance that I cannot throw more evidance at you than shivans have beamweapons

Offline Grey Wolf

You have reversed your position on things between posts.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
A) Show me
B) Show that I wasn't given new evidence

Offline Rictor

Please, just take it here

I forsee lockage if this continues, and no one wants that. Make a new thread, whatever. Just don't derail this one.

Offline Grey Wolf

NM. Not worth arguing about.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Originally posted by Rictor
They live there for god's sake. They can't up and leave. 25 million people can't just evacuate cause America decided to invade. They have to live in a combat zone, how do you think that feels?

Umm, I wasn't talking about the whole population, I was talking about the people in Fallugah(sp?) and Najaph(sp? again) who don't want to fight or take the risk of getting killed leaving until the fighting is over.

BTW, we're not indescrimately wasting civvies, major effort in being put into making sure that the ones being killed are enemy combatants.  If we wanted to whack a bunch of civvies we could just carpet bomb the whole city like we did Dresdin.  All we would need is one or two flattened cities and the resistance would stop.

You realize also, that a not-insignificant percentage of the enemy dead are non-Iraqi in origin.  They are finding many Syrians, Iranians and even Saudis among the dead.

*edit*
Better that they come to Iraq to die than us having to go into whereever they're at.  It's much easier to rebuild one country than 5 or 10.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
i almost completely agree with liberator for once - because for once he made a statement that is true

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
what... whats that sound....
it's sort of a low pitched rumbling, getting louder...
it's...
OH MY GOD! THE LAWS OF PHYSICS HAVE COME UNDONE, IT"S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together