Author Topic: For fun...  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Brando

• http://brando.amabilis.net/
Go into your FS1 weapons.tbl. Set the blast on the fury to -500. Blast radius to 5.

Load out with just furies and strong cannons and run the gauntlet. Fun.
If it's not one thing, it's ten.
Member of the Freespace community since 1997! ;)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
:welcome:
[wiki]Brando[/wiki]
*ahem*
Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located under the seats, but they're probably full of water so you'll need your own napalm. Don't go crawling through the air vents as they're infested with Shivans. However, if you do encounter any Shivans, it's just Carl. Give him your lunch and run away. *breathes* Plasma rifles are located in the lockers up front. However these can only be opened by [V], God, an Admin, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Do not try to enter the control room as it is guarded by subspatial claymore mines. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 04:47:17 pm by 1172 »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Wow... I thought you were long dead... Are you the VW Brando?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Black Wolf

No...its his HLPized clone :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
...What does a negetive 500 blast do?

(And this could be why I saw a new user name of WildWolf up there the other day... :shaking: )
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

I guess the same as the positive one.
If you really want to have fun, set the Velocity of any Primary laser to 10,000 and enjoy sniping!
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
no, change the ships.tbl so you afterburner speed is the speed of light (300,000,000 m/s) and then use your burners in a mission. :drevil:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Bah. I liked putting TerSlash beam weapons on my Osiris Bomber... That was fun. :)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Put MegaCannon on every turret on a Lucifer and put it against 3 Sathanas, and watch them burn ;)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by redsniper
no, change the ships.tbl so you afterburner speed is the speed of light (300,000,000 m/s) and then use your burners in a mission. :drevil:

You have just given me an idea ...
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by redsniper
:welcome:
[wiki]Brando[/wiki]
*ahem*
Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located under the seats, but they're probably full of water so you'll need your own napalm. Don't go crawling through the air vents as they're infested with Shivans. However, if you do encounter any Shivans, it's just Carl. Give him your lunch and run away. *breathes* Plasma rifles are located in the lockers up front. However these can only be opened by [V], God, an Admin, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Do not try to enter the control room as it is guarded by subspatial claymore mines. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!

he's been around a lot longer than most of you guys ;)
Just stayed on the VW side of things, not the HLP side.  until now :D

sup Brando ;)

Offline Brando

Originally posted by Black Wolf

Yes sir, that be me! DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNAR! :lol: Been doing FS stuff for as long as Bobbababaubasuou-OH HOWEVER THE HELL YOU SPELL IT. Like back since 1997. Everyone remember SSC on PXO? :D I keep seeing SSC guys in horizons... groovy crew.

Uhm, let's see what's on my resume...

Started the first Shivan TC for FS1 (gave up after i found out i didnt have the tools for making loadout screens), then sacrificed all of my work to Kazan because i didnt have time to work on FS1 TCs :( Made some pretty spiffy weapons (Black hole bomb was HILARITY), first attempted "beam". Beta tested VP tools (i still have the original first build on my PC, wow!). Eventually stepped up as the hosting d00d at VW. God i loved VW.

8 years later, now i work as a graphic artist and Porsche mechanic. Proof that videogames will lead you to a better life :D

Thank you for the fantabulous intro, everyone. I'm very glad to see that the community only continues to grow, here :D

Offline Brando

Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
Think of it this way... When flying near a ship, the blast pushes you away. Most explosions are between 100-200... now invert that. You'll get sucked in rather fast... ;)

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
I'm toying around with the weapons table to make some sort of Black Hole Torpedo, no luck so far.  Any suggestions?
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

Hell I need an actualy BLACK HOLE or Tractor Beam!

Glad to ,er, meet you Brando I enjoyed your weapon immensely!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Brando

Noise, set the blast radius to about 100, blast to about -500. If that doesn't work, add a 0 to either the blast, or the radius :D Just keep toying around until you get the results you desire. Be careful though! Many a time have i shot off a black-hole weapon at an enemy ship and been sucked into the enemy ship! If you set these powerful enough, you can move lucifer class ships easily. Then you just see them spinning around, beating up any fighters that might be circling them (that is funny to see).

I used an older cyclops bomb (FS1), had the low speed and everything. I took the explosion ANI from the large ship explosion, reversed all the frames, set the explosion sound distance far, used the 'supernova' sound for the explosion. Was mighty fine. My only bomb that worked (haha... ouch), Let me re-install and i'll put the proper flags on a bomb for you in the weapons.tbl It does take a bit of experimenting to get it dialed in right.

Offline Noise

• http://www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html
What I had planned on using was the image file used for the Sathanas subspace weapons.  It's basically a big green swirling vortex, that black hole enough for me.
"The point of war is not to die for your country, the point is to make some other poor bastard die for his."

Into to the Depths of Hell Campaign Site
www.geocities.com/noiseball2000/itdoh.html

Originally posted by TopAce

You have just given me an idea ...

Well guess what, I tried it, I set the 300,000,000 AB speed on the Perseus...

Results:
Attempt 1: Command yelled at me for desertion, hud and ship jiggled, and "Gregster2K was killed by a collision with Alpha 1" (LOL).

Attempt 2: Enabled cheats first, made self invuln, hit burner while facing a GTI Arcadia. Arcadia disappeared and so did I for that matter. I went so far away nothing would appear on my radar, and my ship camera and hud was bouncing all over the place. Took forever to slow down... =D

However I think I'll combine the weapon idea with the ship AB: I'll make a REAL laser, one that moves at the speed of light!!!! (runs off happily toward the Subach specs sheet...LETS SEE HOW LONG ALPHA 1 LASTS UNDER THIS!!!)

Hmm...yeah, prolly been done before, but I just made a light-speed velocity invisible tractorbeam out of the Subach...I COULD have made it an actual beamcannon but decided to keep it invisible for now. it will pull a target object at reasonable speed...TOWARD you. Negative mass was the ticket. :)

Changed Subach Values (rest are defaults)

@Laser Color: 0, 150, 150
@Laser Color2: 0, 0, 250
@Laser Head Radius: 10.00
@Laser Tail Radius:    10.00

$Mass:   -1
$Velocity:    300000000.0
$Fire Wait:  0.001
$Damage: 0

$Energy Consumed:   0.00

$LaunchSnd:    5
$ImpactSnd:    5

The above two sounds give a VERY nice eerie "tractor beam" noise sorta thing going for em.

Oh yeah, and I added the "huge" flag to the Subach, no idea if it does anything to the weapon itself or not.

UPDATE: Tried the weapon out against AI in Gauntlet...my god, the Terran AI are real evil with this weapon. =D I get slapped around like a fish. =D I can just imagine this cannon being turned into a real beam cannon and put on a destroyer...such beams wouldnt use their damage to kill your hull, just your shields: the hypervelocity impact of your hull against the capship's would kill you =D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 09:15:20 pm by 1644 »