Author Topic: MechWarrior  (Read 2556 times)

I just thought I start a thread about MechWarrior because MechWarrior is amazing. Share stuff like your favourite MechWarrior game, favourite 'Mech, weapon and stuff.

Does anyone know know whether or not there will be a 5th MechWarrior?
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
Well Microsoft changed Mech Warrior to Mech assault and
MA is only for xbox
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Mercs is fun.
Especially without updates: "NO DON'T GET STUCK ON THE BUILDING NOOOOOOO skädäm who shot me oh it's THAT dude behind that hill, shooting through terrain! well i show you WHERE DID THE GROUND GO"
lol wtf

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
My favorite game was definitely Mechwarrior 3. It was fairly complex, the mechs felt heavy and powerful and it was fun.

The Mad Cat's my favorite mech. I think I still have a bunch of battletech cards of the Mad Cat variants.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline magatsu1

Mech4 was good if you could get it on budget. Wouldn't (and didn't) pay the full £30 for it though.

MadCat Mk2 was pretty cool too.
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
MW4: Mercs, and the Hauptmann.

Offline 01010

Mechwarrior 2 and Timber Wolf.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Grey Wolf

I'd say MW4: Mercs, and probably the Mad Cat/Timber Wolf.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

www.brickcommander.com

Oh, and MW3 and the Daishi (blew one up a few times because it couldn't handle the heat from 6 ER large Lasers...pfft...and they call it a heavy mech...)

I like the Cauldron Born in MW3, the screwed it up in MW4. MW4:Mercs was great, much better than MW4. The Madcat 1/2 are cool (I still think Madcat mk 2 should have more slots on the arms) and the Shadowcat was sweet. All IS mechs/tech/weapons SUCK! its Clan or nothin!
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline mrfun

MW2:Mercs > Anything since

Original Battletech > All

Favorite mech is the Thug, but thats based on level 1 battletech, since that's my favorite of them all to play.  In Mech4: mercs, I'll take the Loki everytime and run circles around your Daishi.  The Marauder is the coolest looking, I'll invent improved designs for it just so I can keep using the same model =)

Oh, and the original mechcommander kicked ass.  Best RTS i've played before or since.

Mechwarrior 4. Daishi. LBX-10s, 20s, etc.

Brings me back. I remember my custom Daishi. Completely decked out with LBX weaponry and max armor. It could cripple an Atlas in one shot, and take the return fire and barely go yellow.

*fantasizes about those days*
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, having only played the MechCommander series, I have to say my favorite mech is the Shadow Cat.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Mech 3. Everything felt "right" and the mechs felt powerful.

Plus, I loved the Vulture and the old customization screen.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Mechwarrior 3 was the best. It was the only game to do briefings right (you get a tiny grainy video and some vague idea of what to expect), plus the fact that the only equipment you had was what you salvaged gave it more of an underdog feeling.
Favorite mech was Daishi (Dire Wolf) with a bunch of ERPPCs.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

the best game mw2 mercs and the best mech, the mad cat mk2.

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
Microsofts redition of the Mechwarrior universe turned the awesome Battletech stuff into weak half-assed ****ty crap. Go play mechwarrior 2, then visit classicbattletech.com to see what Battletech and Mechwarrior is _really_ like

Hellbringer, Summoner, Dire Wolf, Black Lanner, Coudron Born, Timber Wolf

Clan > IS

Oh, BTW, I play Dark Age.

http://www.mwrealms.com/cgi-bin/get_unit.cgi?num=fe091

that fella sits on my desk.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 11:28:55 pm by 1243 »
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Oh
My favorite was MW3

favorite mecha was  Mad Cat
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
I don't know, but I always liked Nova filled with small lasers.
Small, fast, agile, could pump a ****load of damage into target from close range. Too bad the torso was so static.
In MW2: Mercs of course.
lol wtf