Author Topic: Official "What did you get for X-mas" thread!  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Genryu

Official "What did you get for X-mas" thread!
I got :
- A DVD burner + a few dvd-r
- 512Mo of ram for my comp
- for about 100€ of various anime products
Man is making better fool proof machines everyday. Nature is making bigger fools everyday. So far, Nature is winning.
- Albert Einstein
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
- Gandhi

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Don't know too many Mexicans, do you?

hey holms, i wanna el camino*

*nuke is real not a mexican, just a wannabe
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Stealth

never.  a 3000GT's always been one of my dream cars.

EDIT:  not getting one... i have it, and it's driveable, but i'm working on it... it's in the paint stage at the moment.  i won't be keeping it too long though.  as soon as it's done i'll start looking for a buyer.

Get the 99 front end upgrade, the 97+ SL spoiler, and paint it passion red, and so long as it's not a SOHC, you'll sell it immediately. :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i don't want to do too much to it, or i won't be pulling any profit.  as it is i'll probably barely make enough to cover what i put into it.  i'll see when i'm done with it, i may end up keeping it as a daily... we'll see.

The thing is, I don't. That's why you're a ****tard.

then you've got no right talking about my car.  
"****tard"... you like that word don't you.  hehe kids these days

Don't know too many Mexicans, do you?

i know a couple... obviously not as many as you, but then again, you do live in California.  the mexicans i know all drive cadillacs, true, but i have yet to see a mexican driving a STOCK cadillac (stock being the key word there)... i dunno, i guess california mexicans are different to texas mexicans.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Raa:  what i'm looking for is a VR4 ;)

EDIT:  i'm going to be doing it something unusual... too many passion red GTs and Stealths driving around these days ;)  i'll probably end up doing it pearl white with some flakes or something... it all depends how much money i can scrape together :p
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 06:21:12 pm by 594 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
then you've got no right talking about my car.  

Wait, why don't I? You didn't actually give a reason. You brought **** up for nothing to begin with. You might want to sort out which advice you want to give and which you want to take.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Oh well... let's see...Driving Lesson. I need minimum 10 to get my licence but they are VERY expensive around here (up to 100€/hour).  That was for presents by others. NOW up to what I bought MYSELF for christmas.... the James Bond DVD box, a new Palm (i had to replace it eventough it was three months old only...), a pair of shoes, a beige leather Jacket (a pretty cool one) and least but not last a weekend Skiing : since I started University three years ago (final year now) I haven't been able to do any Winter Sport and as I'm practically born with Skis, I was starting to get a little nervous. What a relief it was :cool:
----------------------------------------------
GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class
Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol
----------------------------------------------
"I'm an engineer!"

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Knight Templar

Wait, why don't I? You didn't actually give a reason. You brought **** up for nothing to begin with. You might want to sort out which advice you want to give and which you want to take.

!?  ^^ confusing.  may want to reword that.

basically i said you're a hypocrite because you always hated texas rednecks, who are always driving trucks, and then (ironically, i may add) you started driving a truck.

then you started insulting my car.  you started insulting a cadillac... that's gotta be a new one.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 08:58:04 pm by 594 »

Offline Anaz

*gets popcorn*
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
go for it.  we haven't had one of these in a while.

*thinks*

actually no, i'm going to be the better man here, and walk away, letting the thread get back on-topic.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Raa:  what i'm looking for is a VR4 ;)

EDIT:  i'm going to be doing it something unusual... too many passion red GTs and Stealths driving around these days ;)  i'll probably end up doing it pearl white with some flakes or something... it all depends how much money i can scrape together :p

Ahh. In Texas, there's loads of GT's on the road, but here in NY, there's all of 5 that I've seen in my 1.5 years here. And passion red is sooo hot.

VR-4's are sweet. They were even better in Japan, where they had the rear spoiler moving to a different angle at 55+mph along with the front air dam (Which moves on the USDM models) But they also came with a feature for the exhaust to be 'silenced' for daily driving, or to have a sport mode where the exhaust canister would be wide open until 3k rpm for maximum noise. :D

Add that to the fact that they had a TT-MR version in Japan, and that makes for a very jealous Raa. ;)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
yeah, i've heard that... figures we'd always get the gimped version.  same thing with the Suburu WRX :-/

how did you know there's so many GTs on the road here?  it's no joke, there's tons.  it's hard to go anywhere without seeing one in the parking lot.  most are just regular coupes though, you rarely see the VR4s, SLs, etc. etc. etc.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It was an assumption based on how many Supras and 3000GT's I've seen being auctioned or sold on autotrader.com that were all in Texas.

That and Mitsubishi made a killing in the south in the 90's. There was a dealership in Spring Hill, Florida that held the bragging rights to the largest volume mitsu dealer in the country... And Spring Hill is a little nothing place in the middle of nowhere. :p

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
yeah well good deduction ;)

yeah there's a ton of them out here.  don't see too many supras these days though.  ahh what happened to the all-powerful toyota supra.  it's a shame. :-/

anyway, point is i never poked fun at you for wanting a 3000GT :p

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Toyota's going to be selling a v-10 car called the 444F soon. It'll be ~150,000.00. Alot of people are mistaking it for the new Supra, but the Supra will only be relaunched if the new MR2's (which are going to be hybrids) are a success.

So I heard, atleast.

And yes. 3KGT VR-4. Way to go.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Toyota selling a car with more than 6 cylinders just doesn't sound right ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Isn't the Tundra an 8? But, yeah, it's not a car...

Either way, it should be interesting to see. I'd like to see them try their hand at the wankel.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
*Shoves thread back on topic*

I got:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Bryce 5
- Poser 4
- A capture of a section of the battle scene in "Severed Dreams"
- Halo 2
- Subscription to OXM.
- Lots of cloths from the Grandparents (hey, I like new clothes).
- Flight Sim 2004, not that impressed but it is ok.
- Lots o' candy.
- $50 cash.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
:wtf: No wonder you *****ed about the NW activity so much. Your familiy's loaded, you can afford those things. :doubt:

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Mmh...
Got a japanese-> french dictionary. And money.
And that's it.
Ah, no, a friend of mine bought be Thief3. On Xbox :doubt:. A friend that has known me for 6 years and knows very well I prefer first person whatever a thousand million times better on PC. Bah.

But I'm not complaining, it really was a lot of money. And since my father retires in... 2 days( yeah, he's old :p ), and he has sold his company ( yeah, he was the boss ), and I was a shareholder and I sold my shares, I'm gonna get a ****load more money. Man, I'm turning from poor to rich in a few days w/o doing anything :p
SCREW CANON!