Author Topic: GTSc Galileo- final cut  (Read 8342 times)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
If i am not mistaken the Name galileo was the name of the science vessel in Silent Threat.  It was the name of a ship, but not a class, and this is after that ship got destroyed, so unless my memory is faulty (i am getting up there in years), the name should be fine.  Of course i would think that, i picked the name.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Thorn

Uh.. where? :wtf:

If the pics were brighter and I could see more of the model(it would be better zoomed in or anything), I would be able to tell you exactly. The two textures sorrounding the nameplate from both sides on the first picture are probably from JK2 or JKA. I do not know if I recognise them correctly.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by ShadowWolf_IH
If i am not mistaken the Name galileo was the name of the science vessel in Silent Threat.  It was the name of a ship, but not a class, and this is after that ship got destroyed, so unless my memory is faulty (i am getting up there in years), the name should be fine.  Of course i would think that, i picked the name.
That was Einstein.

AFAIK Galileo was never used for a ship class.  However Ulysses is used in FS1 and FS2, and Odysseus is used in TVWP.  Odyssey isn't used that I know of.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Odyssey is a class of fighter, if you that is what you are thinking about.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
You're right Goober.  I remember now.  I could almost swear that therte was a vessel in one of the games called galileo, not as a class, but as a ship name.

Casualties of War

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Odysseus is the Roman form of Ulysses IIRC.

Just a stupid little titbit, that.....

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Gallileo? Yeah, I did a science vessel with that name:

But it's only a name. Use any name you like and if someone tries to bug you over it, kick that troll in the butt...

B.t.w. - great textures. Can I have them?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Originally posted by Solatar
No man!! It needs a bunch of uber-huge beam cannons to protect it's awesomeness from the SHiVans!!!

joking of course....it's excellent, but on a slightly related note: is it armed at all? Big weapons are a no-no, but even the Faustus had weapons capable of destroying..asteroids.

Ok, ok, i´ll arm it with a slingshot and a couple of squirt guns!!
:D

Honestly, i might consider give it a couple of lasers, but that´s all. No FLAKs, no beams, no missiles, nothing else. It´s a science
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I would give it primarily defensive weaponry, basically to shoot down bombs or light fighters... low dammage but rapid fire.  Great model BTW!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I would give it primarily defensive weaponry, basically to shoot down bombs or light fighters... low dammage but rapid fire.  Great model BTW!

a few subach turrets, and some minor flak would suffice in this case.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
It's still a GTVA naval vessel though, so it's at least got to have adequate defensive armament, maybe 8 low-medium flak cannons arranged to give a full sphere of coverage and maybe 2 AAA beam cannons(1 top, 1 bottom) and maybe a couple of pulse lasers.

and please tell me the panels rotate(maybe counter-rotate)...

All in all, awesomeness.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Liberator
and please tell me the panels rotate(maybe counter-rotate)...

I think he already said that the pannels are stationary, but there is a rotating section at the mid-point.  Those "arm" things on the top and bottom that connect on at the mid-point, rotate.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Flails and subachs would work well for defense. (subachs for torpedoes, flails to rip through shields and disorient) Then maybe a top and bottom AAA beam.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Who says it is GTVA?

Casualties of War

I´ve got a teaser for you!! :D

She looks soooooooo so fine, with that rotating gravity drive, and radar dish...
:p
 There´s just one thing, when i see it in the tech database, she appears waaaay far away, small as an ant. How do i set the camera closer?
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline Lynx

Too much smoothing hurts Lynx's eyes.:blah:

This ship should be largely facetted.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Theres a $Closeup Pos: field in the table entry, located between the flags and subsystem info (so its near the end).  Set the 3rd number to about 1.5 times its radius.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Thank you phreak i have wondered about that.  so longest of the dimensions times 1.5 does the trick.  awesome.

Casualties of War

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
as a general guideline.  tweaking may be necessary :)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline mitac

Sweeeeeet!
marcet sine adversario virtus.