Author Topic: A cry to the new Battlestar Galactica fans... lets begin the BSG Total Conversion!!!!  (Read 29682 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A cry to the new Battlestar Galactica fans... lets begin the BSG Total Conversion!!!!
Your thrusterglows seem a little...detached...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
A cry to the new Battlestar Galactica fans... lets begin the BSG Total Conversion!!!!
can i get that new model?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline SA22C

Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Hmm...I've never seen a talking head with that much camera-shake applied. The anim looks good, but I'd have to see it in-game to say how well it'll be as a head anim.

That's a problem with my source material.  BSG is all camera shake, all the time.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
NICE screen shots!  Nicely done!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Now, make them greyer and dirtier and turn down the spec a bit (and add a cockpit!).

I need cockpit references!!! Can you folks conjure up some images of it? I'd like to finish this viper already and get started on the Cylon raider.

Ok, first off let me tell you deserve a highlight for this. Very good stuff. :yes:

But let me point out a couple of issues you should adress:

1-As said, the engine glows are detached. Nothing a little tweak in PCS won´t cure.
2- The engine vents. As you can see in the screens above, and in the 2º picture in particular, the front of the vents entry needs a little smoothing. If you could spend a few more polys smoothing that, it would look ever better.
3ºAdd a bit of combat stress on those textures.
4ºAdd a cockpit, with Starbuck inside. ;7
5º Release it. Don´t leave it gathering dust on your HDD, please!!

:p
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
omni....check youir private messages.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Check for more reference pics here:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/nfg/gallery/DVD/dvd.htm

EDIT:Sorry, Angelfire won´t allow for posting pictures.
:doubt:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 11:21:40 pm by 2050 »

Offline SA22C

Here are a couple pictures:

NICE!!!! modeling cockpit right now!!!

Fixed the afterburner glow position, and changed the smoothing on the engines. I hate the way the glow clips the mesh, anyway to reduce this? I tried positionaing the glow just outside the mesh edge but it looks weird. The smoothing of the engines auses the age old shinemap shading anomolies on the rest of the engine. I guess its the vertex shading thing. I'm also starting to dirty up the textures. Check out the wings.

I'm leaving the dirtying job to stithe2000 because I could spend an eternity on textures alone. Since I seem to be the only one modelling, I've got to get started on the Cylon raider and the rest of the ragtag fleet (which I may just port over from the original BSG mod for freespace and Bridge Commander).

Need more help folks. So far we have

SA22C - video/audio media
stithe2000 -  textures - (perhaps modelling?)
Gai Daigoji - on scripting a story (which kicks @ss so far)
ShadowWolf_IH - offering hosting (still don't know exactly what that means)

The more people help, the faster we can get a mini-campaign assembled as  teaser , which will to get a full project rolling and BSG can be up there in the great Hardlight productions hall of Mods.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 02:32:55 am by 1582 »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Fixed the afterburner glow position, and changed the smoothing on the engines. I hate the way the glow clips the mesh, anyway to reduce this?

No(t yet). :blah:
-C

Hey, that picture of the cockpit could be used as a texture!
Hmmmmmmm...  ;7

Btw, where would one get the old BSG models, like the Galactica and Basestar?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 02:42:50 am by 2050 »

Check out stithe200's signature

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/battstarg/

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Originally posted by Omniscaper

Gai Daigoji - on scripting a story (which kicks @ss so far)

*Cough* He's also FREDing the missions once he's done scripting :p
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline mitac

Has this been mentioned as a source of information?
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Omniscaper
Fixed the afterburner glow position, and changed the smoothing on the engines. I hate the way the glow clips the mesh, anyway to reduce this? I tried positionaing the glow just outside the mesh edge but it looks weird. The smoothing of the engines auses the age old shinemap shading anomolies on the rest of the engine. I guess its the vertex shading thing. I'm also starting to dirty up the textures. Check out the wings.

Have you tried reducing the size of the glow slightly?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

:) It was originally IPs dream... I have been helping where ever he has asked... Still here to help! On top of that... This is an old project that has been around for awhile... Might as well contact all the original crew... IP has already been here, and that is how I found out what is going on with this particular forum... Aside from that.... Here soon I will be getting a 2 gig depot area on the net soon.... If you still would like a bit of help let me know!

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Hey wait a minute this thing is going on way too fast, at least skip the FREDding and let us wait until 2009 so we can feel familiar.
lol wtf