Author Topic: Oh my...  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Offline icespeed

wow, that's fully crazy. i wonder what happened to his gf.

so do the wives have to be married before they can go to heaven? do they have to have two co-wives? imagine having 70 brothers and sisters. how crazy would that be.
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
the girl was probly put into an arainged marraig with gid's quasi-father, that would be my guess.

now you all know why I frown upon Utah.
well this and that ****er Hatch.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
I'm waiting to see one of those 'lost boys' become an assasin and snipe Warren Jeffs. It's coming.

*logs out of this account*

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Absolutely despicable.

His stated offenses: wearing short-sleeved shirts, listening to CDs and having a girlfriend. Other boys say they were booted out for going to movies, watching television and staying out past curfew.

Some say they were sometimes given as little as two hours' notice before being driven to St. George or nearby Hurricane, Utah, and left like unwanted pets along the road.

Authorities say the teens aren't really being expelled for what they watch or wear, but rather to reduce competition for women in places where men can have dozens of wives.

Holy-****ing-****. This is absolutely disgusting. People can actually get away with this?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
That's what I'm wondering about. Shoudln't the government step in? I mean, a lot of those are 13 year old kids being abandoned on the side of the road.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
This is horrific.

That's the power of state government in the US, I guess.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Wow.  Sickening..
~Delta

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
What's wrong with that? Technology is sinful and girls are dirty.
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
****ing batman.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Snipes
I'm waiting to see one of those 'lost boys' become an assasin and snipe Warren Jeffs. It's coming.

*logs out of this account*

Whoa, you may actually pass 1k posts yet! :p

And re: this thread subject: :ick:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
It sounds to me like the state government, the judicial part of it anyway, is against this.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=43&u=/ap/20050611/ap_on_re_us/polygamy_indicted_2

In that article (it's about Warren Jeffs being charged) a Utah Attorney General is basically saying Jeffs won't get away with his crimes.

BTW: This line "In 2003, Rodney Holm, a Colorado City police officer, was sentenced to a year in prison and three years' probation on charges of bigamy and unlawful sex with two girls, 16 and 17." creeps me out. Over where I live a single case of statutory rape will land at least 6 years in prison, probably more.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
I would not call these people a sect they sound more like a cult to me.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Originally posted by Unknown Target
That's what I'm wondering about. Shoudln't the government step in? I mean, a lot of those are 13 year old kids being abandoned on the side of the road.

It could be something to do with the First Amendment, but that never stopped them before, and this is &^$#ed up. It says they're trying to get them on other things though.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
[q]. The FLDS, as it is known, controls Hildale and Colorado City.[/q]

Controls?!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Essentially. I did a little looking around on this; they seem to own most if not all of the real estate, and the cops and local government are overrun with their people.

What Kamikaze mentioned strikes me as screwy too...I don't hear about statutory rape much here in CA, but back in Virginia one charge landed you in prison for a pretty good stretch, at least four years unless you had an excellent lawyer.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Setekh
This is horrific.

That's the power of state government in the US, I guess.

And the power of religion in weak minds, I guess.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Here's my idea: round up all the leaders of the nutjob religion, put a Bible in their hand and send them to Tehran or Riyadh as missionaries. Rinse and repeat until the problem it solved.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 06:29:43 am by 644 »

Originally posted by Rictor
Here's my idea: round up all the leaders of the nutjob religion, put a Bible in their hand and send them to Tehran as missionaries. Rinse and repeat until the problem it solved.

Iran?? I would send them to cannibal land! I hear there´s a tribe in New Guinnee that still practice it, in "special" ocasions. Maybe they´ll open an exception...
:wtf:
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
What the hell......?

You lot need to start sorting your country out. Badly.
Any fool can pull a trigger...