Author Topic: list of single player medals in fs2  (Read 3624 times)

list of single player medals in fs2
Hi all, new member here.

I've tried finding information on this but to no avail, so here goes:

Is there a list of all the single player medals, (eg. allied defence citation, ntf campaign victory, etc), along with which mission they are awarded, conditions for the award, and other relevent information? I've beaten the campaign many times now, but every time I am missing one or two medals... My skill isn't that good (using mouse) and I hit allies a lot (esp capital ships), sometimes I hunt Shivan stragglers and Command get ticked off (it was the mission in which the Sathanas jumps to Gamma Draconis, IIRC), so I've been wondering where, if any, I messed up.

Thanks!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I think the one that's easiest to miss is the Order of Galatea, in the Proving Grounds mission. I missed that the first couple times I played the game. The Aquitaine has to stay above 50% to get it.

Also, you have to do the third training mission to get the wings, in case you're just skipping that.

I'm not sure about this, but you may also need to play on at least medium difficulty to get a few of them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:26:37 am by 296 »

no thats not true about the difficulty. in freespace 1 that was an issue, but in freespace 2 you can get every medal on very easy. i myself play on insane and have not too many problems. hee, i can make it to about lutenant after finnishing it once..and have multiple medals already.

but yes, there is no deifficulty requirements....i think on hard and insane you just get a few more dragons in the first nebula mission with the trinity. and some other mission too...but nothing to do with medals.
Teknðs vagyok

kaka pohárban

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by psycho_fergo
i myself play on insane...i can make it to about lutenant after finnishing it once..and have multiple medals already

:wtf:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
no thats not true about the difficulty. in freespace 1 that was an issue, but in freespace 2 you can get every medal on very easy. i myself play on insane and have not too many problems. hee, i can make it to about lutenant after finnishing it once..and have multiple medals already.

but yes, there is no deifficulty requirements....i think on hard and insane you just get a few more dragons in the first nebula mission with the trinity. and some other mission too...but nothing to do with medals.

oh, never mind then. I remember encountering it in FS1, as I never changed the difficulty the first time around and it's set to easy by default. I only played the FS2 campaign on hard and insane so I just assumed it might be there too.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I think it's possible to get up to 3 DFCs in FS2's main campaign. I know you can get two.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story