Author Topic: Serious (if farfetchd) explaination for geographical dias  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Serious (if farfetchd) explaination for geographical dias
06/06/06 happened already. June 6th, 1906. June 6th, 1806. June 6th, 1706...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Let alone 06/06/1006

Afterall the year 1000 was going to be the apocalypse. So was the year 2000.

Hopefully by the year 3000 we'll have HK-47 and new, even more creative, doomsday cults and revealed religions to entertain us.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Grey Wolf

Fool! HK-47 existed in a time long ago in a galaxy far, far away!
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
What has happened shall come again. So say we all.

*drools over Darth Revan's lucious, lithe female form and her long dark hair*
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Grey Wolf

Sadly, the accepted chronology is a male Revan who returns to the light side.

Too bad. I enjoyed playing the evil Revan who gets Bastilla in the end.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

THE END IS NHY! THE PATH OF THE ONE IS COMING! REPENT! REPENT! THE ANTICHRIST IS.....

***hears knocks on the door from the Secret Service***

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its................................(&^(*GD*ST*&GFR#!

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Was that a Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOO"?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Oh goodness....there are so many coincidental numbers that match up that the world has been slated to end at least 10 different times since I was born.

Might as well worry about something worthwhile...
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Goober5000
I'm of the tentative opinion that the prophetic calendar is actually centered around Christ's death, not his birth.  Thus we're actually in the mid-to-late 1970s.

At the same time, "no man knows the hour..." so date-setting is not only speculative, it's counterproductive.

Nevertheless, signs in the Earth and in the heavens are good things to keep track of. :)

Sounds like a good Family Guy clip.

"So...is the rapture still on for July 14th?"
"Sorry, sir. It looks like a hobo down in New England has started passing out flyers. Claims Jesus is a vegetarian and the 14th is the founding date for Green Giant."
"Dammit! Now we're going to move it back a year again."

(Note: based on a true story)
-C

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Mayan god's are due back any year now. Then you're all screwed :p
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
"Gozer the Gozerian?  Good evening.  As a duly designated representative of the city, county, and state of New York, I hereby order you to cease and decist all supernatural activity and return to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension!"
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Yup, Black Wolf is right. We're all doomed.

Anyway, Xenu could kick the asses of all comers in the supernatural arena any day of the week.

Two words:
Battlefield Earth

That's right, they'd all die when seeing Travolta's codpiece. Especially the ones who claim to have created this universe since they'd realize what a horrible, terrible, mistake it was.

Actually, Battlefield Earth is a damn good reason for everyone to be an atheist.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Grey Wolf

I propose a Divine Deathmatch, done the same way as Celebrity Deathmatch was.

Just picture a claymation fight between Odin and Hades!

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
That would be interesting to see.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Grey Wolf

I think it'd be appropriate matching up gods with similar roles, hence Odin and Hades (gods of death).

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
As long as I get to have sex with Aphrodite.
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Originally posted by Grey Wolf
I propose a Divine Deathmatch, done the same way as Celebrity Deathmatch was.
"In the Red Corner, the Son of the Lord God and the Saviour of all Mankind... JESUS!!!" *Clapping*
"And in these two corners, son of the Gods Odin and Jord, Lord of creator of Thunder, and arguably the most powerful God of the Norse Pantheon... THOR!!!" *Unbridled Applause*
*Ding Ding*

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00073BM8O/102-6003871-1214524?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance

Yeah. I think this guy even had a sequel, "89 reasons...", for the very next year. Can't find it though.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
*Thor beams Jesus into the hands of the Wraith*

"Ermm... Thor wins!"

*Thor high-fives Thor*
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by JoeLo
If you believe in the rapture (which I sort of do) then think about all the diasters. Hurricanes, tidal waves, earthquakes. Listen to this on June sixth the date will be 06\06\06 this is to signfy the coming of the anti-christ. If the rapture is real it will happen next year.

Does that mean that I can have all your stuff on the 5th? After all you won't be needing it anymore.

Originally posted by Sandwich
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00073BM8O/102-6003871-1214524?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance

Yeah. I think this guy even had a sequel, "89 reasons...", for the very next year. Can't find it though.

I'll bet he's doing a roaring trade with a book on reasons why the world will end 17 years ago :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]