Author Topic: Interplay shut down.  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by ubermetroid
Kinda off topic, whats the best way to buy stock online?

The best way? You don't. Ever. At all. :doubt:

If you want to invest do it through credible sources and not via the Net.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
I thought net investing was how everythign got done these days...  Looks like I am goin gto have to do some learn abit more before I start investing.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Indeed.

Net investing might seem cheap, but it might be very risky. Always take a bank you can walk up to and slam the manager in the face.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"In other news today, Interplay, now worth a grand total of $20, was purchased by a group of people associated with something they'll only refer to as HLP. Authorities are now investigating what HLP is exactly and what they plan to do with the company..."
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
"Welcome to the 10 o'clock business news. My name is Jane and I'm your host for tonight.

After the long expected bankruptcy of the game developers company, Interplay, a dedicated group of Freespace fans bought the explusive rights to the game. Their intentions are as of yet unknown but has already attracted great attention from the gaming community."

*cut to documentation sequence*

Narrator: "For years fans have enjoyed the Freespace games and now it seems that it's legacy will continue. The main Freespace community, known as HardLight Productions, have bought the rights to the game and are already in the planning phase of the long awaited Freespace 3. For long it has been a taboo to even discuss Freespace 3 amongst the die hard fans but after this recent event, that has changed quite a bit."

*cut to interview with Setekh*

Interviewer: "Mr. Setekh, I understand that you are the so-called 'leader' of this community. Is this correct?"
Setekh: "...No... We have no leader. That is the beauty of this occurance. We have moderators, yes, to keep things in check but further it is all up to the fans."

*out of nowhere a large red beam disintegrates Setekh's arm*

Interviewer: "What the..."
Setekh: "As you can see, some of us do still need a leader though. Some of us being Carl. But most of the time we lock him up in the airducts and throw in a limb or two from some unknown lurkers to keep him happy."
Interviewer: "I see... Well, Jane, as you can see, it's a lively bunch over here. Back to you!"

*cut to main screen*

"This was all for todays business news. Goodnight."

*light dim as ending music plays*

*lights flare up and music ends abrubtly*

"Ladies and gentlemen, this report from HLP just came in. They report that Carl is on the loose. It;s description; a 12 feet high arachnid with a beam cannon mounted up front. Has a taste for arms and other limbs but mostly for Headz. HLP asks you to keep an eye open and call them at 555-0HLP if you see him... or her (we don't know).

Thank you and goodnight!"

*light dim as ending music plays*

_____

:p

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
nice :P

i wonder if we contact the right people, if they'd let us run our own version of PXO... like, if we offer to pay all maintenance charges.  it'll be "no skin off their noses", and we can still advertise them.  it'll just be nice for all the D3, FS1, FS2, etc. people to still play...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually we always act as if it's just us. Why not team up with the fans of Baldur's Gate, Descent and Fallout amongst others.

There probably are enough hardcore fans of interplay games that we could actually buy a controlling interest in the company and asset strip it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
Originally posted by karajorma
Actually we always act as if it's just us.

Are there other Freespace people out there?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
he means that there were other good games published by Interplay and that they have communities too. :)

Hard Light Productions:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by redsniper
he means that there were other good games published by Interplay and that they have communities too. :)

Exactly. The fans of Baldur's Gate are probably just as pissed as we are about the situation. Probably more of them too. I'm guessing that Interplay may even have the source code for that game since IIRC Black Isle was an in-house dev team.

While we FS2 fans might be the only ones interested in the rights to FS2 I'm sure there are a large number of similar sites to ours dedicated to other games that Interplay saw fit to crap on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i still don't see how we'd benefit... without massive amounts of funds.  :p

Interplay stocks are going for 5ct a peace. I have no idea how many there are in total, but once we somehow get 51%, we can order Interplay around.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
*Doing internet search on Interplay stocks*

EDIT:
What does all of this mean?
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IPLYE.OB
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 11:02:28 am by 1241 »

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by kasperl
Interplay stocks are going for 5ct a peace. I have no idea how many there are in total, but once we somehow get 51%, we can order Interplay around.

4.69 millions stocks.

Thats 2.345 million x .05 = $117250 = 50% share

Got the dough? :D

120 grand? Not off hand. Think they'll take a cheque?

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
and besides.  it wouldn't be worth it anyway.  what would we get out of it?  the "rights" to Freespace? big deal... would it be worth $120,000+? not likely.  then you've got to pay to have it made and all that.  naaa.  if i was a multi-millionaire then yeah, i'd take a crack at it, but for now, naaa ;)

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
I thought Interplay only had like 50% of Freespace...  When did they get it all?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
they've always had it all 'cuz they're the publisher

Hard Light Productions:

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
So :V: has no rights to it at all?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I've got $25..
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read