Author Topic: Powers of 2  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Pretty neat little thing going on there with the postcount. Random to the extreme but sorta cool anyway just because... I dunno, because it's new? Yeah, just thought I'd say that I really like it.
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
To think: I never got past Ursa before they changed it. :(

;)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Cool
Nice feature!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
They were Shivan ship classes a few days ago...
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I would like powers of e better. :D

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
And here I thought you'd be the one most excited about it...
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It is cool, just that it could be better. :D

Although the ~ should be replaced by < or something. ~ means the limit of the quotient goes to 1 and makes little sense there. :p

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
[postcount] << Inf
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Grey Wolf

It is cool, just that it could be better. :D

Although the ~ should be replaced by < or something. ~ means the limit of the quotient goes to 1 and makes little sense there. :p
I believe they were going for the symbol for approximately equal.  Also, it should be >, not <, as it's the power of 2 below your postcount.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Nuclear1

I would like powers of e better. :D

You are such a math nerd. :p :D

Yes, I know his math background. Hence, this was teh funneh.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
test:

Spoiler:
we need spoiler tags

hurrah!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The trouble with this is that it really tapers off. There's thousands of posts between 210 and 212 so there's no real progression there for the long term members.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I believe they were going for the symbol for approximately equal.  Also, it should be >, not <, as it's the power of 2 below your postcount.

You're right, I just noticed. ≈ is the approximately equals sign, but > would be better since you could have 8191 posts and it would still say 8191 ≈ 212 even though 213 is 8192.

You are such a math nerd. :p :D
Yes, I know his math background. Hence, this was teh funneh.

I suppose you have come to expect that by now. :D

test:

Spoiler:
we need spoiler tags

hurrah!

We also need the lvlshot tags fixed, for that matter. The celebration thread is looking kind of messed up at the moment, especially with my oversized screenshots.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:23:04 am by CP5670 »

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
cooool! :D
for us comp sci guys that is great. :yes:
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Fragrag

Cool, nice and nifty (Just posting to see mine :D)
"On this day...my pants are filled....with joy" -Singh, doing the pants game
My blog, with 'gorillarape' in the url, who wouldn't visit it?!

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman

We also need the lvlshot tags fixed, for that matter. The celebration thread is looking kind of messed up at the moment, especially with my oversized screenshots.

* vyper grins like a cheschire cat and looks at Sandy :p
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
cooool! :D
for us comp sci guys that is great. :yes:

I guess 2 and e is the difference between a CS guy and a math guy. :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

What's broke about them??
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
They don't actually resize the image at all. It just gets shown in the normal size but is cropped on the right. Here is an example: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35883.50.html

[edit] oh wait, they do resize it, just not the whole way. Something's off in any case. :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 05:12:09 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
wow this is like a whole new ranking system,

I guess 2 and e is the difference between a CS guy and a math guy. :D

silence ye lowly 12'th power, do not defy my 13'th might!

but realy it tells you in a glance just were you are on the posting food chain, I'm 2^13 you are 2^12 so you know right away I have made twice as many posts as you.

...:p
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together