Author Topic: Inferno FAQ Thread  (Read 224681 times)

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal

:D

So Shivans will attack the GTVA with demons? 
*calls in the Exorcist*
 :shaking:
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline copiae

Hi,

I just played through Inferno R1  :yes:.

Anyways, whilst trawling through these forums for something more to play, i came across a mention of Inferno R1.5, which contained a spruced up R1, and the R1 SOC missions, as well as something else that i can't remember. Is the R1 SOC missions available for download, or failing that, are there any R1 missions (or any missions in general) that let you play around with some of the other Inferno fighters listed in the tech room?

Also, i tried playing SOL: A history, but i got a wierd error. In the first campaign, all of the capital ships were replaced with Vesuvius fighters, and in the 4th campaign, i got an error of a ship type not working properly. I wonder if there has been a patched SOL campaign released?

Good job on R1 btw. I

Offline copiae

Update on the SOL issue:

Well, now the capital ships show up - all i had to do was move fsport2.3.vp to the INFR directory. The downside is i've now lost all primary weapons (no primary weapons show up in the weapon selection screen although the slots still exist on the fighter, and if you just start the mission without selecting weapons, all you see are the secondary weapon banks).

The secondary weapon banks work fine though.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 08:33:16 pm by copiae »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Restart the campaign and they'll show up again.

Plasma colour is usually Light Violet, as can be seen in real life, however it also seems to go to colours from violet (near blue) to red, it can be also see Green in the Aurora (no, is not the ship).

It is really related to suns, so it can be found in Solar wind, Solar Core, solar corona, flames, nebulas, magnetic fusion reactors, as a natural effect in the Ionosphere, as Lightning....etc...

Example:

Now I have the Artwork to make a Sun Core, The sphere as the Core, and the sorrounding light, as a Poof, but there is no way of spacify a Nebula Range (it can be only be Full), so it can't be done, too bad...specially since Sun collapse sometimes produces a Nebula, which means the Explosion is very much like an expanding Nebula (poof), as seen in the FS2 Sathanas Subspace Rift FMV (first comes the Red poof Enviroment, then the Blue). Blablabla, yes Pressure, Heat, and G-Force would probabily kill anyone been near the Core, but well, Shields can be used for multiple things, more than protecting the Hull from Damage, actually the shields are just used for that only purpose

Offline copiae

Restart the campaign and they'll show up again.

Thanks for the reply but that didnt work :(

Luckily, i did manage to get it working... what i had to do was create an INFR1 directory, put the inferno vp, the inferno scp patch vp and the fsport2_3.vp into the INFR1 dir, extract the Sol .zip file into ..\INFR1 (so all the files go into \INFR1\data), and then replace the table files found in INFR1\data\tables with the fixed table files found here - in shadows post. Finally seems to be working ok  :wtf:.

Luckily, i did manage to get it working... what i had to do was create an INFR1 directory, put the inferno vp, the inferno scp patch vp and the fsport2_3.vp into the INFR1 dir, extract the Sol .zip file into ..\INFR1 (so all the files go into \INFR1\data), and then replace the table files found in INFR1\data\tables with the fixed table files found here - in shadows post. Finally seems to be working ok.

That was my 1st Fix, even before updating INF, in order to play it, I have to fix it, and so I starting learning, the Warning messages are really Self-Explanatories, so I just followed instructions and use a little of understanding.....

What I can't understand, still, is.....Why Sol: A History was released with those errors ?, they are really noticeables, so, I believe they just ignore it and go home.....

Why the fsport2_3.vp ??, that's the FSPort VP, and you're also using Sol: A History, are you trying to play all the Campaings at the same time without using the different MODs Folder?

The *.TBLs will probabily overwrite one over another, if it's alphanumeric them you should be able to play SOL, Inferno a little weird (with the SOL Changes), and the FSPort would be totally wrong.

I have to make another update to INF, tomorrow probabily. But I see a lot of people plays Sol: A history, it's a little slow compared to Inferno, but maybe I'll see what I can do......

Anyways I'll do this:

A - Compare the TBLs in INF and SOL to see the exact differences
B - Made Sol TBMs to contain all the changes (hope my TBMs already update lot of content used SOL)
C - So, Sol: Won't have less ships than INF, and will be more compatible between both Campaings, and with less files, and less changes....blahblahblah
D - Change the HTL Orion Texture Maps colour, to Match the ones used in the Independence

Any other change, will probabily be the same as I use in INF

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The errors in S:AH are caused by it using the retail R1 tables as a base. Retail doesn't have the debugging facilities of FS Open so many non major errors were left over. The SCP patch was a fix for those errors so that R1 works with FS Open. S:AH however still uses the original R1 retail tables as a base and so the errors reappear when using it. S:AH needs upgrading to the latest INF tables, that should fix most, if not all the bugs.

This is the reason why INF SCP mods are now designed to use mod directories and modular tables, it should prevent major problems like this from happening so often.

That's why I want to make S:AH with all the TBMs (except for Icons.tbl, probabily), but I will left all the Ships from Inferno R1 available, the only useful thing to erase Ships that are not used in a Campaing, could be for 2 reasons:

1 - To not reach the Max Limit of Ships in TBL/TBM

2 - To know what exactly uses that Campaing, and what not...

But now with TBMs (Modular Tables), we can know specifically what's different or updated. That's one of the reasons why I don't make a Full Log (History) of what I change in the Update I make, I mean, you just have to play or to see the specific changes, just searching through the TBMs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Question Section (FAQ) Here:

Q: Woomeister, do the Missiles you called "Disruptor" kind, are the "Electronics" ???

Actually R1 is lacking of 2 kind of Missiles:

"Electronics": Can save your live against the Gigas, even if you have to shoot 1,000,000 Missiles, it's better than nothing

"Local SSM": SubSpace Missile, Ultra-Long Range (3000+ m) Anti-Capital Ship Bomb

The SSM Missile have one special use, not only it can be the Advanced form of the Hell Storm X, but the Important thing:

- A blockade made with Capital or even Fighters/Bombers, it would be excellent (and it would help my mission), it would be just like, when they try to intercept them they just WarpOut, and the 1000m or so, WarpIn again, passing the entire quantity of Bombs through the Blockade...

I am not too sure if to add both Missiles to R1, the problem is which Model would be OK, but if I have to repeat Models, I think the Executioner for the SSM, and a Texture modiefed of the Hi-Poly Phoenix/Trebuchet....

------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that I was right, I ordered a Friendly Gigas to attack a AI Pyrgos, and after the 1st round of Beams, it takes lot of HP from the Pyrgos (10-15%), but after that the Gigas start having problems with the Power Output.
It's seems that since the SBFRed are faster than the URed, the SBFRed drains all the power and don't let it fire, wasting all the energy in discontinued attacks of small damage........strange, I would swear a Gigas could take anything in a few seconds, but it take it lots of minutes.

The same should happen with the SI Hara......
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 09:47:37 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If using tbms you'd still have to make space so the new stuff doesn't go over the ship limit. Best thing to do would be to move the SOC and Ancients into tbm files which people could turn off when they need the room and reenable when they want them.

Don't make the Executioner a SSM weapon. It was designed as an anti-subsystem weapon for the Gigas. SSM weapons come in at random angles and usually fail to hit their targeted subsystem, which would make the Executioner useless against the Gigas.

We have a Vasudan bomb that does that.

OK, I'll wait. I have another ideas for missiles, just one more....useful against the Pyrgos maybe

Offline copiae

Why the fsport2_3.vp ??, that's the FSPort VP, and you're also using Sol: A History, are you trying to play all the Campaings at the same time without using the different MODs Folder?

The *.TBLs will probabily overwrite one over another, if it's alphanumeric them you should be able to play SOL, Inferno a little weird (with the SOL Changes), and the FSPort would be totally wrong.

Well, if i didnt put the FSPort2_3.vp in the same directory, the capital ships in Sol wouldnt render (e.g. the Terra in the first mission of the first chapter would be a Vesuvius fighter).

New question: How would i adapt FRED to be able to edit Inferno missions? I'd like to have a go at creating a campaign that uses inferno ships.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
New question: How would i adapt FRED to be able to edit Inferno missions? I'd like to have a go at creating a campaign that uses inferno ships.

Create a desktop shortcut of the FRED build you want to use, right click it and add -mod INFR1 to the end of the pathname under Target.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Could you give list of GTVA and EA capships classes and how many they've got?
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The classes as in 'heavy destroyer' or ships like 'GTD Boreas'
If you want the classes I've posted those before somewhere.

Offline Qwer

"GTD Boreas" please. :nod:
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
*copies list from eye candy thread and adds 3 extra names*

GTC Alcyone
GTC Ticonderoga
GTC Bellerophon
GTCv Alexandria
GTCv Phobos
GTFG Neptune
GTD Oberon
GTD Raynor
GTD Cabari
GTD Boreas
GTSD Odin
GTDn Solaris
GTCa Lenaeus
GTCa Warlock

EAC Eclipse
EAC Aesacus
EACv Darkness
EACv Raiden
EAD Lindos
EAD Ryujin
EAD Tereus
EASD Nemesis
EACa Auriga

GVC Selket
GVC Joh
GVCv Imiut
GVCv Geb
GVD Apothess
GVD Hedetet
GVD Asarte
GVD Kabechet
GVCa Rahotep
GVCa Tanen
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 08:04:43 am by Woomeister »

Offline Qwer

How much ships of each class does they have?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Oops I forgot the Boreas...

Depends on what you mean by 'class' The Terrans have one heavy destroyer class (GTD Boreas) but they have 4 destroyers (GTD)

Offline Qwer

I meant how much Alcyones does GTVA have, how much Ticonderogas, how much Bellerophon, how much....
And so on. :)