Author Topic: Inferno FAQ Thread  (Read 224658 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Well, I was looking through the R1 VP's on my comp and I couldn't find them anywhere. I assume they were never actually included with R1, but info has been kind of lacking.

So I don't know if they were ever released in the first place...  :confused:

Feel like using them for a campaign... =\

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They were for R2, so weren't included in the R1 VP files.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Ah. That explains it then.

Thanks.  :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I read something about the presence of a Vasudan juggernaut,but I don't remember where.Was it a pre-R1 model you decided to scrap or you're going to insert it in R2?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I believe your reffering to the GVSJ Sechat-Hor. That was dumped before R1.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That thing looked hideous. It was basically a huge Aten with a Sobek head stuck onto it, and then it was deprived of all maps and had them replaced by the tan color. That was no doubt the worst model I have ever seen. :ick:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it was the Aten with the Sobek head stuck to it. It was made in TS1 before I could make my own models :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Why did you kill the textures, though? It would've looked a lot better if they had retained their maps. And that little strut at the top used the Typhons textures that made it look way out of place. Most of the textures were mainly detail on the underside.

Will Inferno still have another secret Vasudan supership? You said that they no more had a Superdestroyer cause they had 'something else' (*evil music*).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The maps were destroyed by TS1 when both models were combined. TS1 is a VERY old program and was basically rubbish.
Also that ship was made not long after I started modding, so it's supposed to suck :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Chelub was probably the best modified/spliced ship I've seen besides the Het-Ka.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah I got better at it over time :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
A juggernaut,built for some pride reasons,which serves as Vasudan flagship.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Finally completed adding cockpits to Terran and EA ships. 23 ships now have cockpits, only 5 ships will not have them.
That took a while :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
And you'll start releasing them right now :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Heh. No :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Heh. Why not?Did you finished the work with them?If they're models we saw before(Gagana,Claymore Mk.2)you can release them just to upgrade the ones we all have :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I feel that there should be a standardised naming convention of sorts when it comes to juggernauts.

I noticed that in R1, the Solaris was called a Dreadnought (or Dreadnaught, arrrgh whatever), while the Sath was called a juggernaut. With that in mind, I'm kind of thinking: if it's Shivan, should it be called a Juggernaut? While for Ter and Vas stuff, we call them Dreadnoughts instead?

But then again there's the lettering confusion between Destroyer and Dreadnaught... (SD, SD? :wtf:) Maybe SD, SDr? :lol: And then in R1 I think it was "SOSD Solaris"... Description says Dreadnought, but using the Super Destroyer designation instead of a Dreadnaught designation? :confused:

If I don't make sense, I'm sorry for that...  :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Solaris is larger and more powerful than a Super Destroyer, but it's smaller than most Juggernaughts (at least mass wise, if not in length) so it doesn't fit into either class. It's a Super Super Destroyer if you like, but GTSSD Solaris would suck so an in between class was made.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Point taken. :)

I just realised it (was going to test a mission :lol:), the Solaris class designation is "SODn", not "SOSD". Whoops. xD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 11:12:14 pm by asyikarea51 »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I noticed that in R1, the Solaris was called a Dreadnought (or Dreadnaught, arrrgh whatever), while the Sath was called a juggernaut. With that in mind, I'm kind of thinking: if it's Shivan, should it be called a Juggernaut? While for Ter and Vas stuff, we call them Dreadnoughts instead?

And GTJ or GVJ looks real screwey to me. Think that's why they called the Colossus GTVA and not GTVJ. GTVJ looks alright, but GTVA sounds cooler since it's not a Juggernaut, but a chunk of metal with superdestroyer guns stuck to it. I wonder why the Sath's 'short name' was SDev. Maybe it was originally SDv, Shivan Devil? :lol: