Author Topic: Inferno FAQ Thread  (Read 216990 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Plus, four lightyears of distance means that there is a pretty big communications delay between messages.  It would take years for each side to transmit recent happenings.  By then all that info would be out of date, or possibly wrong.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I'm thinking maybe it's possible, considering the timeline in which INFA and INFA2 occur... Maybe by the time of INF SCP (2400?), the light would already be visible?

(not in a good state to think now, so I admit I kinda shot this out without thinking right :blah:)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inferno occurs in 2401. :P

This topic has been brought up a lot. It gets kind of annoying. ::)

Offline mr.WHO

With release of INF:A and work on INF:A2, I have a strange feeling that INF SCP is on hold :(

Does there is any progress, WIP related to INF SCP (excluding recent work on HTL models like Peregrine) ??

What need to be done for INF SCP to release??

EDIT: about INF:A2

will you use newly discovered Kiuper-belt miniplanets like Sendna and Xena(?? this name sux :P ) in plot??
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:45:44 am by mr.WHO »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Most of my interest is currently on producing the INF:A standalone modpack, Sids back working on INF SCP.

Offline mr.WHO

you mean you're not alone anymore?? YAY, btw could you ask Sid to make some update "glory shots topic" of more INF SCP ships?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
He's got more important thing to do right now. What he wants to change requires a lot of changes to the tables and lots of fixing needs to be done.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Inferno occurs in 2401. :P

This topic has been brought up a lot. It gets kind of annoying. ::)

It has?

Understood. I'm shut for now.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is Sid going to rebalance the game? If not, what's he doing? When did he come back?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yes, and redo the missions again, last night

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
What about the new missions?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well new missions can't be done until they are done.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
That's gonna need a few, right?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
The HTL Leviathan in INFA2... is it using the same textures as it currently does in INFA (exception: nameplate), and the same number of turrets?

Odd, I know, but I couldn't live with it anymore and decided to transfer the MediaVPs Leviathan over to INFA. Canon, canon! :lol: If INFA2's new Leviathan maintains the turret numbers and the same textures, I'll do the same for that one. Or better yet, INFA2's HTL Leviathan on the MediaVPs Leviathan textures, with the strong blue colours on the centre circle thingymajig (but that's only if I don't run into errors with the texture renaming, as said in the next sentence. :() :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oddly enough, I tried changing the texture names on the INF_Fenris.pof using both PCS and Modelview, but the texture list became corrupted. No idea why... so I used cruiser01x.pof out of the mediavps instead.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It worked for me.  I even switched to HTL Faustus.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
It worked for me.  I even switched to HTL Faustus.

You mean renaming the texture names of the Inferno Fenris POF?

Odd. I'm using the MVPs Leviathan POF. :wtf: At least the turret numbers and positions are the same, so it's not that big a deal (but no idea on INFA2's modded Leviathan, which is why I'm inquiring about it).

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, you see I'm running INF:A as a mod of my main FS (as it should), but I also play with the Media VPs in my main FS directory (which is something that I know that isn't exactly looked well upon).  Therefore, all I had to do was extract the INF:A ships table file and edit the Leviathan to use cruiser01x.pof.  For the Faustus, I just changed the model name in the tables to science01.pof.  All the models and maps are then pulled from the media VPs.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Oh, okay. Point taken. :)

I'm not running the MediaVPs, so I had to do the texture renaming and stuffs.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The HTL Leviathan in INFA2... is it using the same textures as it currently does in INFA (exception: nameplate), and the same number of turrets?
We're currently using the Plutonian model for the regular Leviathan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I can do tech descriptions. Go ask MT. ;)

Okay, I'll stop being modest.