Author Topic: That wasn't a quake....  (Read 827 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That wasn't a quake....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051213/ennew_afp/afpentertainmentfilm_051213155437

It was the sound of thousands of dead authors, scriptwriters and directors spinning in their graves  :shaking:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Re: That wasn't a quake....
And so they stay and sit it out... then laugh a bit and go back to watching it... Stupid people.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
err... 4.5 ain't really anything to get up running out of a theater screaming "Earthquake!" over.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Grey Wolf

From the Wikipedia:
Light    4.0-4.9    Noticeable shaking of indoor items, rattling noises. Significant damage unlikely.    6,200 per year (est.)
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, being on the east coast, I wouldn't know that. I've never felt an earthquake.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Grey Wolf

I did. There was one in upstate New York a few years back.

I slept through it.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, we've had a couple of 3.5ish quakes in the UK over the last few years, apparently we get them a lot, like Tornados (we have the highest density of Tornados in the world).

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
We had a mild quake year or two back in Finland... I barely noticed it. I hear there is more rumbling at our eastern border. But thats coming from the Urals. Apparently the Russians use a fair amount of explosives in their mining activities and it can sometinmes be felt on our soil...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
they obviously haven't sat through "Armageddon" front row center.. with an overzelous sound settings..  :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------