Author Topic: FS2 (Star Trek Academy) WIP thread.  (Read 41836 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Re: FS2 (Star Trek Academy) WIP thread.
I have Cataracts (the lens of teh eye gets cloudy, milky white) and ecentually will go blind. they ned to slice open both eyes and take out the lens and put my perscription IN my eye. Liek Lasik thaey can scre it up also but I have no choide. Here's the kicker I may need glases after that to boot! I'm just hoping my vision can be restored enough to drive my friggen car! (at this moment I have to be 4-5 inches from the screen to see what I am typing with my left eye as my right one is now shot.)

God dammit, don't talk about slicing eyes open. it makes me feel uncomfortable and i feel like there's something picking at my eye.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
The true enemy, an ISC Patrol Cruiser:

An ISC fighter:

ISC stands for Inter-Stellar Consortium (a mercantile/trade assembly of various races of the Andromeda Galaxy)
If yo uknow the storyline of SFC2 then you know who they are and why you encounter them...

BTW can someone tell me why this happens to the lightning? I hadn't changed the effect but since last year it turned BLOCKY! 
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
The ISC was like basically hired for the Organians to bring peace to the galaxy by blasting everything in sight. The Organians said that they leave to settle a matter elsewhere, and that in their absence we were reduced to war-mongering species. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Getter Robo G

PREVIEW! 

Yes you've seen this befire but before open Gl mode, plus I had to alter the glows and add weapon textures.

Romulan FireHawk by Thulls (and thanks to him Feral Yards for supporting this mod!)

If I get the ok you will see something jaw dropping (as in the ship that just fired that missile!) Thanks to the Wing Commander team for allowing the use of their "Plasma Cannon" (bow Trek Nuclear/energized Missile) Note that these do NOT replace photons , quantams or Transphasics! This is in addition to (as per SFC canon).

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Getter Robo G

Hurray! The Klingons now have a main Carrier. Can U believe I found it buried on my SFC2 EAW disk? Most of it is very low poly, but there are some jewels in there...(plus the new engien is very forgiving as glow and shine can jazz up a otherwise lower poly model.)

It has dual landing bays, very short but they are connected by a mid ship tunnel, you can fly around in there.

two other views:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Star-Dragon/Hajwe5.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Star-Dragon/Hajwe6.jpg

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
That's... a Klingon D-7 with tubes attached. :wtf:

Offline Getter Robo G

Talk to Taldren, THEY made it fo SFC2. I had to delete the attached fighters, I'm surprised thre wasn't some loose geometry from that.

ANYWAY, I waited most of the weekend to show this. In TMP era Starfleet still used slow high yield ordinance/explosives. No matter if they were just rockets or even nuclear ones the result is the same, devestating if you are unprepared for them...

"Romulans are opening fire!" - "First salvo plotted and away!"

Missile striek suceeded, bow shields dropped "Now, give 'em a bloody nose!"

"What the hell is that K'Tinga doing here?" - Between a rock and a hard place literally!

You can akin this ship to the later Steamruner class, long range artillery support. However if you get too close it may be the end of you as you can;t manuever away from the rockets as well and they DO pack a punch. Plus it's armed with almost the standard phaser compliment. (plus it can fire 4 rockets rearward as well!).

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Hawtness.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Getter Robo G

Ok I asked this a few weeks ago on GW but no one responded. Does anyone have the tiem to make an image witht eh invisible texture and make a thin ghostly pale white border around it? like a 256x256 with I dunno a 10 or 20 wide sqaure border?

When I mess with it it just turns green in game and loses invisible quality (ie the Nasa Earth background  that STILL won't work right in game I posted 6 months ago).

IF anyoen has a tutorial for backgrouns/textures usign IRFRANVIEW it would be nice...

No pointin saying why I want it if I never get it...

Offline CaptJosh

That's... a Klingon D-7 with tubes attached. :wtf:

That is NOT a D-7 series battlecruiser hull. You need to do a little more homework.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
oh, i'm sorry, next time i won't say my opinion. :rolleyes:

Offline Roanoke

I get very gittery when something is near my eyes. It took 5 tries just to get the pressure test done. :D

I was like that when I got contact lenses but you get use to it after a while. Funny watching people freak out when I poke the white of my eye with my finger. Other than the dark area there's no nerves in your eye anyway.

Offline Getter Robo G

@Cobra,   You were making a statement it seemed, not an opinion. Put an "I think" in front of it next time :D So don't get bent out of shape (besides HAVE, you done your homework?) lol

Capt was not overly rude, he just meant look up a D7, you can see they are not the same. If I remember correctly a D7 is more like a K'Tinga...

Offline CaptJosh

The Q'tInga(K'Tinga) is known as the D-7T in Starfleet Command. The D-7s we saw in original Star Trek were referred to in the books as D-7C battlecruisers. They are closely related, but distinctly different. I refer you all to the following images:

Please note that the two ships are actually about the same size, even thought the images are not.

There are some distinctive differences, and neither looks like the above modeled Klingon carrier.
CaptJosh

Offline Getter Robo G

EAS site is constantly down image-wise.... Google is good enough, or go there directly.

Offline CaptJosh

It's not down. I can see the images I linked to just fine.
CaptJosh

Offline Getter Robo G

I see two black frames that say:

"High traffic costs have forced me to disable hotlinks - The EAS Webmaster"

this is not the first forum/thread about Trek I've seen that message.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
haha, i wonder what it would be like in-game when a constitution and a D-7 face off and the D-7's captain shouts "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!" (It is a good day to die!) :D

Offline CaptJosh

Or even better, bljegHbe'cHug vaj blHegH! (Surrender or die!)
CaptJosh

Offline Getter Robo G

Updating this thread. The Klingons got some reinforcements...

Had tio get this one casue it's so fricken beautiful. Dark BOP by Skinman (new model, not a re-skin).

Omni also did a NeghVar I think, but I wanted to try my hand at converting a less "Cartoony" looking one. Did I succeed? I changed those yellow windows to white and the hull basicly to a blue/green instead of that bright forest green that looked IMHO really awful. I think it looks more serious and realistic now.

Lastly not Trek but soon I will be trying my hand at multi-part turrets. Here is the base ship (anyone recognise it?)

L8tr!