Author Topic: Big stompy mechs  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Looks great. Except all the mechs are crappily distorted (atlas, timber wolf). I don't really recognize any other ones, so their either new, crappy, or ones that I've never seen.

AAAAAAAA!! THEY BLEW UP DISNEYLAND!!!! NOOOO!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:33:43 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Cool, but what the hell did they do to the Timber Wolf (Madcat)'s arms? It's Mechwarrior, not Gundam.

Cool, but what the hell did they do to the Timber Wolf (Madcat)'s arms? It's Mechwarrior, not Gundam.

No, it's Mechwarrior, not Battletech, big difference. And that's a Madcat Mk.4, a perfect example of how Wizkids ****ed up the CBT universe.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Say hi to Dorkage, folks.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I was going to mention how the Mechwarrior title was a big turn-off to me. Especially with that stupid Mad Cat Mk 2.

I realize that's for fanboyish reasons but whatever.  :rolleyes:

Hagetaka FTW. :p
-C

Boo.  Doesn't look much at all like Mechcommander...  :hopping:
"You tell me, Pilot.  I'm informed on a need-to-know basis."

CLBE! - Command Let Bosch Escape!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
for god's sake, people, it's called "artistic license" and given there's quite a few ways any mech could look like due to the different francises there are stemming from the one source, BattleTech.

the CG is well done, and the live actions portions don't look cheesy, somebody obviously put a lot of thought into it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:25:32 pm by Turnsky »
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
somebody obviously put a lot of thought into it.
I believe that when these words are spoken in reference to a movie about mechs battling, each one of us dies inside a little bit.
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Particularly when someone speaks them in reference to MWDA.

A Feddie Story

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
somebody obviously put a lot of thought into it.
I believe that when these words are spoken in reference to a movie about mechs battling, each one of us dies inside a little bit.

and the fact that you're arguing over something that's illogical, unwieldy,  AND unviable in a normal militaristic sense, disturbs me greatly.
for god's sakes, they're -mechs-.

Yes, i can tell you that the MadCat/Timberwolf MK2 looks deformed, its arm nacelles are too long, but they're obviously CLAN ER PPC's. the elementals that you see hoardes of, are well done, the atlas's minigun... well. amuses me.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
id check it out but quicktime wont install. i hate people who use propritary formats
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Never said how awesome the trailer looks - the full thing should be great, although it would've been so much the better if it was Classic Battletech. I admit I quite like the Dark Age books, but the game is wank.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
id check it out but quicktime wont install. i hate people who use propritary formats

Use Quicktime Alternative then :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Needs sound effects. However, I was very impressed at the integration of live actors into the CG - VERY well done, that. :yes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I admit I quite like the Dark Age books, but the game is wank.

You like Delrio?

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
arent all these things piloted with neural interface?
i didnt see any neural-looking goodness in here
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
BattleMechs are manually controlled; the neural part enables the 'Mech to use the pilot's sense of balance in combination with the gyroscope.

A Feddie Story

I admit I quite like the Dark Age books, but the game is wank.

You like Delrio?

Ghost War was good, and I've just finished Call to Arms, which wasn't bad - Coleman wrote some CBT novels IIRC - about to start Silence in the Heavens, so I'll let you know if/after I finish it. :p