Author Topic: WIP render Attempting to create a custom Z 95 from an X Wing  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
WIP render Attempting to create a custom Z 95 from an X Wing
Still got ALOT to work on here,..the Basics..my character I'm using in our SWRPG (Era...2 years before yavin...Corillian Trety timeframe) is the son of one of Incom's Engineers that is on the X Wing design team that defects to the Alliance. He's been working on modifications to his Z 95 for many years with his father's help and in his fathers shop when the old man lets him in. Just recently his best friend,..one of the X Wing test pilots went missing and her father was killer by the Empire,..has he was one of the last Jedi in hiding (aside of Ben and Yoda) and slipped up when he began to instruct my character in the force. Anyways this is what I've got so far..

Still have to work a little on the Engines and the rear section with the R2 socket,..unless I change my mind and have him install that on his Z 95,..which I doubt I will.

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon
DeathAngel Squadron and Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite
To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
One of those newfangled remote controlled ships eh?

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Never heard of Force Stealth?  
Warlock

Offline Red5

• http://www.roughnecks.org
thats cool, I'd like to see a comparision of FS and starwars fighters, like the Apollo is the Y Wing of FS, but what is the X-wing, or the z95 and cloakshape
This is my signature

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Easy

Y Wing = Athena
B Wing = Ursa
X Wing = Herc 1
A Wing = Uly
Z 95 = Apollo
Cloakshape = whatever was 15 years before the Apollo (Remember the Cloakshape is more out dated than the Z 95 even...and that's over a 100 years prior to the X Wing.)
Warlock

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Didn't the Z-95 have two cannons? Right now it just looks like an X-Wing with the S-foils closed.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Warlock:
Y Wing = Athena
B Wing = Ursa
X Wing = Herc 1
A Wing = Uly
Z 95 = Apollo

A-Wing = Valk, not Uly.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
A Headhunter plays Herc to an X-Wing's Herc 2. They basically look the same.

Though they're both more all-round space superiority fighters, so it's more Apollo - Myrmidon or Ulysses - Myrmidon.

[This message has been edited by Jabu (edited 10-28-2001).]

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
The X-Wing's wings are unbalanced in length. They should both be of the same length.

------------------
GTD Excellence Webmaster
<                                      [b][email protected][/b]                                                    >
"Be flakked or be square!"

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Actually Neo it's a single wing set with a top mount laser cannon pair that's inset from the primaries on the sides of the wings. Remember i'm attempting to create one of the final Z 95's which was every close to the X Wing.

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Warlock

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions

Originally posted by Jabu:
A Headhunter plays Herc to an X-Wing's Herc 2. They basically look the same.

Though they're both more all-round space superiority fighters, so it's more Apollo - Myrmidon or Ulysses - Myrmidon.

[This message has been edited by Jabu (edited 10-28-2001).]

I can see an X Wing playing Herc 2...but the Z 95 was basically fragile that's why I said more like an Apollo. Being the concept of the Z 95 wasn't as a space fighter but an atmopshereic craft that could be adatped for space flight.
Warlock

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...
If i'm reading this correctly then the Z-95 doesn't have the separating wings? If so, and if this IS meant to represent an atmospherically inclined fighter, then the blocky sections connecting the engine pods to the wings need to go. If the wings don't separate there's no need for them to be there, and aerodynamics provides a VERY good reason for them not to be there. Those things would result in a 20-30% reduction in speed performance in an atmosphere all by themselves.
In a similar vein, if the wings don't separate, then they should probably be thinned some, and certainly fixed so that they no longer have that flat vertical leading edge.
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator

Actually Neo it's a single wing set with a top mount laser cannon pair that's inset from the primaries on the sides of the wings. Remember i'm attempting to create one of the final Z 95's which was every close to the X Wing.

Final Z-95?? If I remember my Star Wars correctly, the Z-95 had 2 laser cannons, no astromech droid at the behind the cockpit and had puny shields.  After the Z-95, it just jumped to becoming an X-Wing There was never a transition.

Now my turn to ask the people for clarification. Are both the Z-95 and T-65 X-Wing made by Incom??

------------------
GTD Excellence Webmaster
<                                      [b][email protected][/b]                                                    >
"Be flakked or be square!"

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
1: There were 3 Z 95 models offically built with hundreds if not thousands of modified versions

2: Yes Incom and Subpro made the Z 95 as a joint effort...Incom then used many of the Z 95 features on the X Wing.

picks up Star Wars Essential guide to Vehicels and Vessels[/i]

Mark I Z 95 was designed primarily as an Atmospheric fighter that could be adapted to space. MK 1's were a swing wing twin egine design witha bubble cockpit. Incom/Subpro made modest advancments to the Z 95 with each model year, and the last run evenly matched other fighters of the time. The Swing wings were replaced with fixed wings. A more heavily armored cockpit much like the X wing's was installed. The last Z 95's looked like primitive X wings.

Puts down Star Wars Essential guide to Vehicels and Vessels[/i]

Picks up SW RPG[/i]

Official Weapons listing for the Mk 1 Z 95 is triple blaster cannons, 2 fire linked, and a concussion missile launcher.

Puts down SW RPG[/i]

As for the r2 socket...Notice I stated I still need to remove that from the model :P
As for the cannons...notice I stated it's a heavily modified Z 95 ,..Mark III actually being the most commonly found model. Being my character's father is a designer on Incom's X Wing project,..makes since he'd grab some parts and designs from Poppa  

But thanks for all the comments get them coming   I've still got ALOT of messing around to do,..retexturing is likely depending on my Gm's allowance for ship mods at the time..if not then it will be done later,..sensor masking full package   Want details ask and I'll post them later  

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Warlock

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
my advice: never look in any of those books. My point? See the SSD size issue...  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Actually that's why you look at several books and not just one  

Sides if you don't ,...how would you get info on ships NOT in the movies yet cannon by Lucas?

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Warlock

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions

Picks up SW RPG

SWRPG is not a canonical source, it takes liberties with ship stats in order to balance gameplay. The Z-95 should only have two cannons and shields that as are effective as tissuepaper  

If I remember correctly the X wing was a massive step forward with a far more efficient reactor and good hull plating. The hull plating was made of an expensive material hence Xwings were not all that common.

[This message has been edited by Maeglamor (edited 10-30-2001).]

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
anyway, about that model... it's just a Xwing with the foils closed and the lasers moved a bit. Give me a Xwing model, and I can do that in 10 secs. C'mon! You can do much better!  reap two of the engine intakes, make the remaining ones bigger.Delete the little dent between the foils, weld them together and make then thiner. delete R2D2 and two of the lasers (your books can say what they want, i've seen numbers of Z95 pics and models, they ALL have only two lasers). delete the grid cockpit and give it a water drop one. in the area behind R2, make the plate smooth. Make the nose one part ( tip mustn't be beveled).
not too hard to do, and will really give it a z95 feeling.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Well being I didn't base EVERYthing off the RPG book,...next reason? As far as what you've seen in pics...90% of all pics are Z 95 mark 1s. Also....again I'll repeat...this is a MODIFIED Z 95 I'm working on.

And I know it still looks ALOT like an X wing...sorry i'm NOT a modeler but being left to my own vices I don't have much choice and screw with the damned thing myself.

The Mark III is supposed to have a Cockpit VERY much like the X wing. The cannons are add ons. mk IIIs also have the four engines,..just without the section that angles into the wings...I just hadn't removed it all yet. it's not like just click and delete engine intackes 1-4 ya know   Those things are about 15 parts each if not waaaaaaaaay more.

And ppl...for the love of GOD stop telling me a Z 95 does not have an Astromech ! I know this I said I needed to still remove and redo that section since the thread was started ...5 posts about it later it's kinna annoying  .

Oh and the X Wing's hull wasn't anything fancy...more the opposite..it was noted that the Alliance made use of the fact that unlike many fighters the X Wing was designed around the hull being mostly access plates allowing techs to get to interal componants with ease for repairs and checks. They weren't really "rare"  just not a sold item being the design team for Incom defected to the rebellion with all the data plans and the only X Wing prototypes...thus the alliance was the ONLY ones to have X Wings until what...10+ years after Endor?

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Warlock

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Comparing SW to FS2 would yeild more accurate results:

Y-Wing = Herc I/II or Zeus
X-Wing = Myrm
B-Wing = Erinyes!
A-Wing = Pegasus, Perseus or most likely, Loki

SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill