Author Topic: Need a model  (Read 3610 times)

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
Hey guys,

Just for to refresh your memory, I'm that one guy who made the new subspace vortex. I don't have freespace installed right now, and I don't have a joystick. So until I get one it would be pointless to install freespace.

I need the Apollo space superiority class fighter model. I want to play around with it in blender.

If anyone could take the time to get into any of these three formats: .3ds .obj .cob.

It would be appreciated. I was going to make an incredibly high-poly version and play around with making cinematic scenes. And maybe put myself into the cockpit since I have a small digital camcorder.

Just something I was going to do for fun.

-J.P.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
You should like post this in the fsu forum or something :) As far as the apollo goes...
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35943.0.html You should be able to get something from here, along with nice apollo textures(could be wrong). Then umm, just install fs2, assign rolling the fighter left and right to the keyboard and use the mouse. Though sounds like you seriously prefer the joystick.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
I wonder how this might turn out. :D

Though sounds like you seriously prefer the joystick.

Most of us do. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
If I had $100 dollars to spare, maybe.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Yeah, for me, i just spent 40$ last night on an xbox 360 wired controller with a 9 foot cable. As far as the keyboard and mouse goes, i actually prefer playing with a gamepad :nod: The best gamepad in the world was the gravis xterminator http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004YMGV/002-9038677-7272800?v=glance&n=172282
That thing has a ton of buttons, an 8 way pov hat, joystick, throttle, 8directional pad, support for dual functions, 2 digital shoulder buttons, and 2 analog shoulder buttons. I originally bought that controller back in 1999 because it was the most similar to a n64 controller(it had very comparable button layout) and i used it for n64 emulation and freespace :nod: But, the xterminator gamepad was eventually discontinued by gravis, i'm not sure if gravis went down the poopshoot either, but, i wanted a controller very similar in layout, capability, and that at least had current support for it. So xbox360 controller all the way :nod:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline ZmaN

I actually prefer the mouse and keyboard setup.

Joysticks never cooperated with me so I never tried them again.
I hate gamepads too.  Heck, gamepads are poser!
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I do for most games, The madass flight sims i use a joystick for lack of spare keyboard controls, but 99% i use KB and mose, on FS i use pure KB only!!!!  I mis squadwar.... :(
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
What i was thinking would be fun to do is get a tilt action gamepad, like the gravis destroyer tilt gamepad. Has enough buttons, and it can do 360* with tilting the damn thing. Now, for me, that'd make playing the game really cool :) I might buy one of those controller for ****s and giggles, they aren't too expensive. Gravis is a great brand :) That'll knock me up to 3 pc gamepads i'll have, but whatever i got to do to get rid of my saitek 880 :lol:
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/p880.htm
Great for nintendo emulation and stepmania, but sucky as **** for everything else. First off, it only has 2 shoulder buttons and not 4. I can't play fs2 without 4 shoulder buttons, and rolling your fighter with the second joystick is a joke always, that takes your thumb off the rest of the buttons. The second joystick was great for putting speed controls onto however(it made my fighter sort of like a stickshift on a car). After that you know 4 shoulder buttons for missiles and lasers and rolling left and right. Plus i'm tired of the ps2 gamepad design, it's just a piece of **** design now. The n64, xbox(normal xbox controller is too big for my hands), and xbox360(what i ordered :D) controllers are a lot better. The gamecube controller sort of sucks. Ps2 design isn't very ergonomic,  has horrible joystick placement, and if you were to use all of the shoulder buttons simultaneously like i do, you don't have as good support of the pad in your hands anymore. My saitek controller looks like a good deal for 20$, but it's just depressing. It's like brand new, the only thing i do on it get blazed on stepmania with it(that's about all it's good for).

SMBFD

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Let's get back on topic, shall we?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer

SMBFD