Author Topic: An Experiment  (Read 16631 times)

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Quantity has a quality all its own.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I'd have to argue that these more turrets makes the game more how it should be. Where fighters arent matches for capital ships at all. In fact, a fighter enterring a cap ship's range would be a deadly stupid idea like this. Taking ot a turret on them would be even more of an accomplishment.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
If you ask me what should be done is the following:

1. Double the damage of every missile weapon in the game.

2. Double (or quadripple) the size of every missile (or halve/ cut by 1/4  the bank capacity)

3. Increase ROF of laser turret oin capship

4. Increase damage and range for anti-capital lasers/missiles

5. Give capship lonb-range anti-fighter missiles

6. Increase fighter speed by at least 20%
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

You can’t really mess with the speed of the ships. Anything over 100 m/s and the AI starts to have problems.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellem
         "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
It can handle up to 140..alltough that's pushing it -* not only for hte AI but for the player allso

120 for the fastest fighter IS a 20% increase and it manages ot handle that...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
To be fair to J_S47, I too increased the number of turrets on the Fenris/Leviathan on my HDD... :nervous:

Fenris, with 12...

And the Leviathan with 16, since it should have more guns than a Fenris...

You gonna make those available for download?  ;7
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Raptor

You gonna make those available for download?  ;7

I would right now, except FileH appears to be down ATM. :mad:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
If you ask me what should be done is the following:

1. Double the damage of every missile weapon in the game.

2. Double (or quadripple) the size of every missile (or halve/ cut by 1/4  the bank capacity)

3. Increase ROF of laser turret oin capship

4. Increase damage and range for anti-capital lasers/missiles

5. Give capship lonb-range anti-fighter missiles

6. Increase fighter speed by at least 20%

Albeit it wouldn't actually be Freespace then, but something else.   i'm quite fond of the overgunned, stupid dangerous ships idea myself, the only problem is that I'd feel obliged to have a big 'I know this isn't really correct but it's cool' disclaimer when actually using it.

Check out my cap ships and their turrets,  while not as many as you have, they fire much faster and dual barreled.  They don't do a whole lot of damage individually, but they do add up.  Oh and set FOV to about 1, nothing quite as scarey as bolts flying past your face GACK!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 01:22:38 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
You know, if somone did for the Orion what TP has done for the Fenathan cruisers, I would love them forever.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
How many turrets would you like?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Just enough to bring it up to FS2 standards, so about 30

Offline Raptor

Just enough to bring it up to FS2 standards, so about 30

Go for 36-38.  That way the tech description just needs to be altered to say '...over three dozen death dealing turrets...'

At least, that's what I'd do...
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
We don't want to make it too much better than the Hecate, which, after all is supposed to be better than the Orion.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You know, if somone did for the Orion what TP has done for the Fenathan cruisers, I would love them forever.
I did nothing.  It was Raptor, and he already made an up-gunned Orion, back before Bob's Hi-poly version, but it has better-looking turrets than the standard.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

His turrets also behave better than the ones on Bob’s Orion and even the :V: original. The Orion had a problem where the turrets would fire just fine for a few seconds then suddenly quit and do nothing. Raptor’s Orion had no trouble with them.

(A shot of things to come and, please ignore the cheep muzzle flashes. They were just put in quickly for testing reasons.)

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellem
         "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."

Offline Raptor

Ah... nice to see someone using my up-gunned Orion, even with the persvaive infulance of Bob's 'Busy Bee' Orion!  Or is that one where you've borrowed the turret models and added new ones to the ship?

No, I'm not really a fan of Bob's HTL upgrade.  I did actually start work on my own, but I was told to abandon it.  Partly because I was trying to 'balance' the two sides to have equal mass each side of the engines.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken