Author Topic: NTF shipyards  (Read 25219 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
What/how much ships did they produce before being exploded/captured up?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 04:32:06 pm by thesizzler »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Dunno.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
They must have been working overtime to keep up the NTF fleets resupplied so it's more likely that they produced many ships, more capital ships than fighters though because we see that the NTF has many Deimos and Aelous but not many advanced fighters and bombers and I think that was a correct decision too. The GTVA, in the end of the war, probably recaptured the majority of those shipyards.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I think the majority of the NTF fleet was captured directly, with very realitively few warships being produced by the NTF, 18 months isn't much time to build destroyers; although wartime probably boosted their capacity considerably.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The NTF shipyards created three, no more, no less. Three was the number they created, and the number of the creation was three. Four they did not produce, nor did they produce two, excepting between the periods in which they had created one and three. Five was right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then they were retaken by the GTVA.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
This was the funniest thing I've seen today. :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm not sure they even built anything; just reconditioned stuff from the local boneyards.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well unless they managed to capture 2 Hecate's as i think i saw in the wiki (not sure though) they must of produced something. I do not believe that the NTF could of hed on for so long without replacing some of its warships lost during diferent stages of the engagement. I mean they were seriously outnumbered by the GTVA yet they managed to hold on for like 18 months that is a long time not matter how good of a strategist Bosch was.

Also lets not forget that the NTF actualy fought and ofensive war at one time so you have aditional casualties there.

During war time the idustry goes into wartime schedule with its production in some case increasing up to 4 times that of the normal output.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Id imagine that lot of their ships and personnel came from GTA as traitors. And there likely were side switchers troguht the whole war. A lot of the fleet sided with Bosch.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I doubt very much more than 3 fleets sided with Bosch, the NTF was never fighting for complete domination, just for independence.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is true There were not more then 3 fleets on Bosch's side during the war at least from what I know. But they managed to hold back the entire GTVA armada and the situation would of continued if the Collie hadidnt arived on station to defeat the NTF. This bring the folowing question what was the actual production run for the NTF. I mean how many ships are actualy captured or switched sides and how many are produced by the NTF shypyards. If we can figure this out or at least agree on a general fleet wise configuration of captured/switched sides kind of ships then we should be able in the end to roghly aproximate what ships were actualy constructed.

I'm willing to bet that those Hecates were not captured but rather roduced. Why? Because there are very few of them around at any given time and it would be rather hard for the NTF officers to actualy get aboard the most advanced destroyers of the GTVA without beeing closely monitored by the GTVI. Also I suspect that comanders of these new warships was given to the most trustworthy and capable comanders the GTVA had. Even Koth I believe was the name of the Admiral of the NTF had an Orion as his flagship. Not that that is something wrong hell no the Orion is one of mi fav. ships ever surpassing the Hecate and the Hatshepsut.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Freedom Shipyards built the Iceni, thats a definate(?)
But most of the construction effort went on YMCA station in JAD2........ ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I don't understand how freedom shipyard in Polaris could have built the Iceni, then stuffed it in an asteroid and shipped it to Deneb. I think that goes under the category of "Plothole" and we know about those from JAD as well.

As far as destroyers go: Tactically I love the Orion, but aesthetically it has to take second place to the Hecate.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I don't understand how freedom shipyard in Polaris could have built the Iceni, then stuffed it in an asteroid and shipped it to Deneb. I think that goes under the category of "Plothole" and we know about those from JAD as well.

As far as destroyers go: Tactically I love the Orion, but aesthetically it has to take second place to the Hecate.

Shipped it to Deneb, then stuffed it in a 'roid, I'd wager.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I'd wager it used the engine subsytem or was towed, ANyhoo this is moot, The point is there were at lest 140000 Aeolii made in a fortnight s spacce...

Or am i slightly off?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Nuclear1

Well unless they managed to capture 2 Hecate's as i think i saw in the wiki (not sure though) they must of produced something.

Alright, you're going to have to post a link to this. I just can't remember in any tech room description, briefing, or other canon information that confirms two Hecates being captured by the NTF. Every single NTF destroyer encountered in the main campaign, including those that played roles best filled by Hecates, was an Orion. If the NTF had been producing Hecates at all, then why weren't they deployed to Epsilon Pegasi, Deneb, or Alpha Centauri, where their 150 strikecraft could have turned the tide in favor of the NTF?

Also lets not forget that the NTF actualy fought and ofensive war at one time so you have aditional casualties there.

Yes, but it also was a surprise attack on the GTVA. There was virtually no resistance in Polaris, as it was his fleet stationed in the system that he broke away with. The attack on Regulus was very likely a surprise attack, and those that didn't defect right from the get-go were likely forced to surrender seeing the size of the fleet against them. The remainder of the fleet in Regulus likely retreated to Sirius because of the overwhelming NTF forces, leaving Sirius as the only system one of the three that could have mounted a counterattack.

Of course, then take into account the NTF sympathizers in Sirius, and the combined strength of two fleets bearing down on one system, Sirius very likely didn't last very long either. When the NTF was forced to engage in three different border systems, the offensive likely scaled down.

Also bear in mind that NTF officers and strategists weren't exactly stupid either: any commander that can organize a blitzkrieg attack that destroys 75% of an enemy's forces in one system and provide fierce resistance for a two-pronged attack on another front must have something more than luck working for him.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:11:51 am by nuclear1 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
OMFG, they do did indeed have two Heca-tays...
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Nuclear1

Ah, I see. There's one major inaccuracy there though: the Cyrene is clearly shown as an Orion in the Command Brief showing the rebels' loss of Polaris and Sirius. As for the Corsica, considering the lack of voiceacting for its arrival in the mission, I'm led to believe that it was added later and may not be canon. Any multi vets out there know anything about this? I think this falls into the Murikami having a Vasudan commander, yet being a Deimos.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!