Author Topic: V for crappy green lizard aliens...  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
V for crappy green lizard aliens...
If a Jewish person watching Nazi propiganda leads to claims of being a self-hating Jew, does my watching "V" lead to my being a self-hating anthropologist?

Seriously... totally... awful. ...and Gideon is one of ze generic alienz!!!! The funny thing is though that it's obviously a huge influence on Half-Life 2.

But still "we eat gerbils! we're evil lizards!" is pretty tacky...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: V for crappy green lizard aliens...
More confusing is why on Earth aliens from outer space would come to Earth to steal our water, bypassing the Kuiper Belt where it's already available in handy frozen lumps? :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
That show was so 1970's.......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Are you really bashing decades old tv-show? :lol:
Seriously. V was a real piece of work back then. Just wait and and 20 years from now BSG will so be laughed at. Then you all will be barely standing with your walking sticks and lazy eyes and 2 feet grey beards. And crying like little children while others are making jokes about viper and dildo. Ha! Serves you right! :drevil:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
And here was I thinking you were talking about a new  :v: game when I read the title :lol:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
And here was I thinking you were talking about a new  :v: game when I read the title :lol:
Glad I wasn't the only one...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I've seen some bad sci-fi shows in my time. V wasn't one of them.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
V was about a thousand times better than War of the Worlds the TV show.

Watch the episode with the alien who shoots beams out of her fingers if you don't believe me. Or rather don't. It really isn't worth the permanent brain damage.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You're not kidding. The writers on that show have a lot to answer for. The George Pal movie gave them some great source material. Yet what do we get? Aliens in oil drums. 10/10 for persistence though. After the utter failure of the first season it reinvented itself as some post apocalyptic bollocks and actually became even worse. For more examples of truly bad sci-fi how about that aborted BBC show Star Cops? Cookie if you remember that one.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Space Precinct by Jezzza Anderson was ok, And space 1999 for moonbase birds with purple hair and short skirts. :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Space Precinct by Jezzza Anderson was ok

You think? That was the next stinker I planned on mentioning ;). That was BBC too wasn't it? Quite expensive IIRC.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
The Brunette Female was fit,  :nod: It was aimed at young kids dont forget and i bore that in mind when watching. I wasn't expecting Shakespear. It was a bit of fun to wind down from school to in the post-gamesmaster days of my youth.......
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You're not kidding. The writers on that show have a lot to answer for. The George Pal movie gave them some great source material. Yet what do we get? Aliens in oil drums. 10/10 for persistence though. After the utter failure of the first season it reinvented itself as some post apocalyptic bollocks and actually became even worse.

What I found especially impressive was the fact that despite the setting of the show no one in America believed in aliens. The main characters would say to someone that aliens were responsible and everyone would be all shocked and "There's no such thing"

:wtf: They invaded like 30 years ago! The destroyed entire cities! Parts of America are still glowing from when they tried to nuke them! :wtf:

Did the US government just rebuild everything and then go around and flashy thing the entire country?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Yes  :nod: it never happened :nervous:

[quick we've got an independant thinker]
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Nuclear1

I actually thought this was going to some weird connection between V for Vendetta and aliens somehow.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Wobble73

• Steam

I actually thought this was going to some weird connection between V for Vendetta and aliens somehow.

Actually you've just wrote the sequel with that!  :lol:

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
:wtf: They invaded like 30 years ago! The destroyed entire cities! Parts of America are still glowing from when they tried to nuke them! :wtf:

Yes. WTF. That's exactly how it left me feeling  :lol:. Could have made a cracking mini series too. I would have loved to have seen those sleek 60s style war machines lifting off and causing some more destruction. Maybe it's time for a remake. Someone get the sci-fi channel on the line.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The idea that the aliens were hibernating rather than dead was a good one. The idea that they could find somewhere radioactive enough to kill bacteria and not them was rather hard to believe as was the idea that they could take over human bodies.

Having the flying war machines in a show would be great though. Although I for one have always felt that WotW is missing something unless is has Martian tripods in Victorian England :)

Offline Wobble73

• Steam
Jeff Waynes WotW was the greatest, although if Orson Welles could panic a whole country into believing the martians had landed..................

Oh right, they were Americans..................  :drevil:

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
One I think I was in Jr high then and said the same thing (Water? WTF)!)... Still if they are giving up the cure for CANCER ,screw it take the friggen water as much as you want! :D

Even when we found out they were Evil Sleestack in Human suits (LOTL reference there ;D) I wouldn't of minded if they ONLY ate people that annoyed me... Some of the ladies were quite hot. Like Philip's aide (the blonde).  (Hey baby, why don't you climb aboard my Rocket ship and we'll invade Uranus? ;7 ) - * Note Uranus is never used enough in these shows!

ANYWAY... They had some cool ship designs for smaller craft I asked awhile ago if anyone was interested in making some for FS2. (Incidently, the mothership was reused as the one for ALIEN NATION).

Micheal Ironside's character named Ham Tyler always made me hungry when they said it outloud!  :p

Think I'm done now... Time to go to Walmart and get some more Red Dust. All this talk of "V" might get them Sleestacks started on a revival or some nonsence like that (sarcastic).  :nervous:

"Preatonama *****es!"   :lol:  That's V talk for "peace out!"

* Note star-child was HOT!!!!!!!!!! (Hate to be her BF though: "Honestly officer she LOOKED 18-21!" Actually she fast grew at what age 7 overnight to age 18-21?) OOPS! Screw driver's liscences, ask for BIRTH CERTIFICATES!!!  ::)

Incidently I guess the video of Robin and the alien was like the Paris Hilton tape of it's day? Like everyone has seen it... :lol:

[EDIT!] GUess what? I know what Freddy Kruger's nightmare really is... WILLY! (Robert Englund was the pacifist alien doormat)... Awww but he was sooo cute, lol... "Mom, can we keep him?"  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:11:19 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)