Author Topic: Arisotle WIP  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Descenter

• Gamers Rule, but so do Thoes Who Make Them
    • Steam
Just started another model of sorts.   Funny thing is with this one, I drew some weird shape with freehand, then went from there, and it turned out looking Shivan somehow, after playing with it a little.....  For about 5 hours worth of work, I think I'm getting better with moddeling.  And this time I gave it a name:  Arisotle    :D

Total of 10 turrets, 2 missle bay (probably will add more later), and 3 engines, oh and one turret at the end of the "stinger," I haven't decided what it will be yet.

Again I wish I could convert these just to play around with them..
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Tron tanks anyone :D
Joke..... we all gotta start somewhere.........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Descenter

• Steam
Never played Tron so I wouldn't know what they look like.
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Tron was my first thought too... :)
And that's not a bad thing at all.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hmm... Woomeister wants a Shivan warship. :P

Offline Descenter

• Steam
Tron was my first thought too... :)
And that's not a bad thing at all.

Anybody have pics, so that I may compare and see for myself?  I would like to see how similar it would be when i made this from scratch.   :D

Oooo... and I could put wings onto it to to make it not look so "tanky,"  but to be honest you don't need "wings" in space, no aerodynamics at all.

Offline Descenter

• Steam
How about something like this?

And maybe, it's just me, but I'm thinking I may have over did the extension just a little..
Comments?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 03:43:33 pm by Descenter »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
cough*battlezone 2*cough

No worries again, It looks a bit more streamlined, If its shivan its just a TAD too smooth.......extension is as over or under-done as the maker thinks though IMHO.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Descenter

• Steam
Funny, never heard of that game either.....

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Unfamiliar with Battlezone 2 and Tron? You've been living under a rock? Jeez! :rolleyes:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline Descenter

• Steam
Acutally, I've semi-heard of Tron, just battlezone loses me.  If they came out in or before the 90's, I probably never remember them, because I was lost in playing Freespace and the Descent series, plus a few games here and there,

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Battlezone 2: http://www.pandemicstudios.com/games/bz2/Screenshots/mire_battle01.jpg
Came out 1999 or 2000...

Tron 2.0: http://buenavistagames.go.com/product/tronPC.html
Released 2003

Both are damn fun. Battlezone has floating tanks (sometimes with wings), so your work resembles them. Personally I like Battlezone 1 more. It's just that those Russians are so kickass. :D

Tron has that peculiar style that resembles those textures you have. Though tanks didn't really have a large part in the game, they did however had nearly identical texturing with your tank.

Offline Descenter

• Steam
funny thoes textures came with SketchUp.  I just haven't gotten around to importing FS textures into the program yet.