Author Topic: What do you want this project to be?  (Read 136878 times)

Offline Phantel

Re: What do you want this project to be?
I've been wanting multiplayer capships for a while.  I think someone was working on something along those lines, but it's still a ways off.  Only time will tell

And something smaller? Like the YT-2000 in XWA, with a Pilot station and Gunner station, I mean.

And in other order of things, are you going to implement the turret control? ( As in XWA, you can order the turret(s) to fire to an specifically selected target, fire in a defensive mode or not fire at all, with just one button press ). FS2 only allows for IA controlled turrets that fire endlessly to the enemies ( not bad except when you are playing a mission with hostile factions controlled by other players, and trying to negociate  ;7 The only resource is to be faaaaaaar far away  ;7 )

Phantel

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Question.

Will there be Ewoks in SWC?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Are you serious?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Maybe we need a TIE Interceptor cockpit with Lieutenant Kettch in it?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Bleed and Die! Yub Yub
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay I have a slightly more serious question...

Will Luke Skywanker Skywalker and the other main characters (like Chewbacca and Han Solo) be heavily involved, or only mentioned in briefings and debriefings?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I would prefer them to be secondary, background characters.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline nobbit

I have a few suggestions but i hope that those are not too uncommon :nervous:.

First: What`s about other organisations and fractions like the Hutt space, the Corporate sector, CorSec,Black Sun, the Mining Guild... and groups like mercenaries, pirates, smugglers, bounty hunters and so on? It would be nice to see more than the main conflict in the Galactic Civil War between the Empire and the Rebellion. My suggestion is to play something different to have more possibilities. It`s one thing to be good (rebellion) and evil (empire) - what is to be between this positions? What's about to play a group of mercs for example and deal with different fractions - with different consequences? Would it be a more living universe????

Second: I don`t know - maybe this will fits better in canon and continuity, but the question was: What do you want this project to be? Now it will be a little bit complicated: I don't want to (re)play only missions from the movies, the books, the older games... Would it be fine to expend the sw-universe by ourselves (I think there will be always much space in the universe  ;) ). Isn't it impossible to go a bit away from all the official released stuff? Isn`t it constricting? Have only GL and other authors, comic-strip and game artist the permission to develop the universe? My thought is: Let`s don`t be slavish to ourselves - let`s make our own thing. Let`s be creative!!! That`s include (for me) to be open for new ideas (storylines,ships, stations, characters ....) that although respect the canon of the remaining sw-universe.

I hope my post is not too heretical, so don't kill me :nervous:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ahm, I think the main release was going to be based off the original trilogy.... but the wonderful thing about FS2 is that FRED2 makes sure that as long as there's a capable campaign team, you can make whatever story you want.  If this mod gets finished with all the necessary ships etc, you will be able to create whatever you want... I'm hoping it'll be like the FreeSpace / FreeSpace2 campaigns are now with the SCP.. the main campaign is included, but you also have the option of installing other campaigns that are almost as good or as good as the main campaigns.  :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will there "bosses", like Darth Vader or anything?

Offline maje

I actually have some campaign ideas that deal with the actual formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic from various rebel groups that first attempt to do their own thing and realize just how ineffective that is.  I'm really in favor of pushing an 'early days of the Rebellion' story because with the exception of X-wing and all its continuity discrepancies, the EU hasn't done much to explore that arena.  And I also am a BIG fan of the Corporate Sector Authority.  I've actually got to get a script in the works, but I think it'll be pretty good storywise.  And I have some ideas on how to implement the possibility of planetary bases like Echo Base and Yavin 4.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Will there "bosses", like Darth Vader or anything?

I don't want anything that directly contradicts canon. Expanding the universe with storylines such as the formation of the Alliance or the construction of the Death Star II are fine, but killing off a major character who we see die on screen (aboard a space station) is not ok.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
True, but you don't always have to win a boss fight.  It could be FREDed that you lose, or he gets away after X damage is dealt.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That would be unfair to the player to force him to lose in a one v. one fight. Scripting the destruction of a corvette you must protect for your primary objective and exposing him to the risk of dying in a fight he can't win are two different things.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'm just saying, there are ways to involve a bad guy in a mission that don't involve you killing him.  Or maybe it's a dream/nightmare sequence.  Or a clone.  Who knows.  That's what writers get paid for.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I had also thought of the clone option... and, since the clone would be rapidly grown (I imagine), it would probably not be as good as the original.  I can't imagine Vader allowing himself to be cloned, though... although Sidious/Palpatine may have harvested some tissue when Vader was being put together in the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Good idea, jr about Palpatine being given the chance to clone Vader while he was put together after Mustafar.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
That would be unfair to the player to force him to lose in a one v. one fight. Scripting the destruction of a corvette you must protect for your primary objective and exposing him to the risk of dying in a fight he can't win are two different things.

BtRL did it with Scar. You can't kill him, but he can sure kill you.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Question.

Will there be Ewoks in SWC?

Howabout Gungans??  :nervous:  :lol:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline maje

Gungans can be the contents of an Imperial Slave ship bound for the spice mines of Kessel, awaiting to be smashed into who knows what.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.