Author Topic: Dragon Mark 2  (Read 2994 times)

No not the Shivan dragon, this ones meaner  :D

Any suggestions before I start UVmapping it too?

The Dragon Mk2 started off as a Dragon, it's overly large expensive cumbersome antimatter engines were ripped out, and replaced with newer faster smaller engines (also antimatter).  The internal electronics were ripped out and replaced with newer equipment.  It's weapons systems were upgraded.  The entire armor plating was upgraded.  The underbelly was then fitted with missile/torp payload bays.  The result: a heavy fighter that actually outperforms the current Thunderbolts.  A second prototype was built from scratch and in within budget, and far far less than the original. While it's not as nimble as vampires or falcons, it's superior firepower and endurance makes it ideal for heavy duty missions.  Standard weapons loadout includes 4 tachyons, 2 cloudbursts and an unknown weapon.* You fighter aces, expect to be seeing these soon.  :)

I might end up removing the centerline cannon and it's base.

*Is there any development in SCP for powering up primaries?
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
no but theres scripting :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Actually it's a bit more complicated than that.  I forgot that when you switched to the fusion cannon, the other guns were disabled.  :blah:

Edit: centerline gun removed and replaced with two smaller guns, I kinda like this version better
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:24:41 pm by Scooby_Doo »

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Dysko

Reminds me of a Preybird fighter from X-Wing Alliance.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

lol. As for me, it reminds me of a Wing Commander fighter. It was the only sthealth ship and the best one also.

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
The cockpit reminds me of a Star Trek: TNG shuttlecraft.
"They were really only teeny little A-bombs, honest!" Dr. Charles Dart

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Actually it's a bit more complicated than that.  I forgot that when you switched to the fusion cannon, the other guns were disabled.  :blah:

Not to mention that the wings would be closing when the fusion cannon is activated

Really nice model Scooby :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Thanks  :)

This was originally the very very high detailed Dragon mesh.  Massive poly reduction (i didn't need the landing wheels, gear bays or even the step ladder to get into it.  The entire bottom section was gutted and redone.  A ship with that many intakes just doesn't fit my theme.

Although I'm not sure what to do with those two angled intakes on the sides of the ship.

Ya I forgot the wing close, way too much work for too little result, besides I've dropped the fusion cannon anyways.  I think I'll replace it with either two particle cannons or something similar. Right now she's got four tachyons (the recessed areas) [each does 70 points of damage], two cloudbursts (the wing  tips)[each does 80 points] and two ?(under the cockpit).  She'll be a bit faster than the thunderbolt and more manoverable, with equivalent shielding.  The armor (hull) won't be quite as good, to offset all of her +'s.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga

Although I'm not sure what to do with those two angled intakes on the sides of the ship.

When you remodel it a bit (not triangular) you could make it the missile storage and launch tube
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Really, this is the exact same ship as in Wing Commander IV, which is also called a Dragon if I remember correctly! See this:
http://www.geocities.com/sasa_25/wc4shpis.htm  (bottom of the page)
and this:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/wing-commander-iv-the-price-of-freedom/cover-art/gameCoverId,27010/

(By the way, the first one in the second link looks like an Astaroth??)

ScoobyDoo, no offense, I don't want to criticize or anything...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:05:50 pm by natty_dread78 »

Yup thats the same Dragon natty  :)

edit: that site seems to be incorrect with the dragons stats. it doesn't have a rear laser turret.  Also CiC's weapons stats seem wrong two... two tachyon, two plasma, and two fusion.  Actually neither site seems correct.  there are seven gun ports (two on the wings, and four on the body and one centerlined)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:26:29 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Well, you are well documented, I personnally don't remember. That game rocked, better than FS2 in terms of story. FS2 is far better in terms of simulation though. Maybe the only thing missing is the ability to charge your guns.
   Anyways, good work, your Dragon Mark 2 really looks like the WC4 original.
N_D

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Their wasn't a sevens gunport on the Dragon, at least not a used one ingame or in any of the cutscenes.
If I would have to guess you think of the forward nosetip as a gunport but it isn't.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I never liked the way the Dragon looked, really. It seemed out of character compared to other Confed fighters of its era, though it might have squeezed into WC1's lineup next to the Raptor and Scimitar...with some modification for a little more curvature.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Looks cool , havent played WC mucth but I like this fighter.  :P
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim