Author Topic: Premarital Sex (oh dear!)  (Read 15655 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
bah, premaritial or postmaritial, what's the difference? it's all idiotic in the extreme anyway...

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
It's not supposed to be an intellectual pursuit, CP. MAybe that's the problem here...  

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I like sex, but i don't like do it as fast as or extreme like a rabit hopping up and down there must be love in it or it isn't fun.

But thats my opinion.

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]    
ICQ 102628858
Staffer member of Inferno
Inferno

the the mod place!
Join our forums at The ModPlace![/b]
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
they dont call me the energizer bunny or nothing  

Joking aside,

Dont get me started on religion, or i'll offend a whole bunch of people.

Premarital sex is a must in a stable relationship.  Its an important bonding experience, and while not totally **essential**, it kinda helps.  

And those statistics are not 100% accurate, probably just a minor cross-section from a few reigional records.  Even if it was fully representative, statistics can be made to support any argument you choose.

My 4 quid now :P

------------------
POLARIS - you WILL be amazed  

Member of the descent 4 development team - http://www.descent4.net

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man

Originally posted by ZylonBane:
It would be interesting to know what percent of the "No Premarital Sex" camp are in fact still virgins.

There's an easy loophole, anyway. If you never get married, then none of your sex is premarital!  

But its always premarital until you marry and you personally will never know(during your life on earth) whether you'll get married or not.
Got Ether?

Wow... I can't believe this topic has survived this long. But I'll go ahead and throw a word or two in:

No.

1. I believe it's an extremely terrible sin.

2. Bad for society. Look at the last century- premarital sex and general fornication go up... and go figure, so does the divorce rate!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, let's redefine the question: Sex outside of marriage - yes or no. Better?

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!!!!!!!
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Sex with someone else while already married?!  Hell no!  That's about as low as you can go in my book.
~Delta

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by sandwich:
Ok, let's redefine the question: Sex outside of marriage - yes or no. Better?

That's way different. I would lose all pride if I was married and went somewhere else.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry - that's not what I meant. I mean, sex with someone you're not married to. Doesn't matter whether you're ever going to get married or not.

EDIT: On second thought, this is interesting. You have strong reactions against adultery, but fornication is ok. Hmmm... if having sex with others while not married isn't a big deal, then sex must not have much meaning. So if it doesn't have that much meaning, why the big deal about being married and having sex with someone who is not your partner?

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)

[This message has been edited by sandwich (edited 01-19-2002).]
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Sorry - that's not what I meant. I mean, sex with someone you're not married to. Doesn't matter whether you're ever going to get married or not.

Hmm, well that's kind of what I meant..... have a gf, have fun, break up, repeat.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nico

• Venom
Oh, well, I don't see any pb, it's nature after all. Mmh, since the begining I wonder why I keep posting about this subject. Going to lay off now, coz it's really a waste of time...
SCREW CANON!

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
aye, but an interesting one at that.

In terms of sex INSIDE of marriage, it depends on the particular factors involved.

Anyway..its past my bedtime.  Im going to have s** now :P

Offline Top Gun

Why the big taboo over sex? I sense some religious zealousy filling the air (server) and I don't like it. Strkye, Those puritans obviously weren't shipped far enough. May I suggest the moon as a destination for anyone with a simmilar problem in future.

Just for those "I believe 100% of what the bible says" people amongst us, here's Top Gun's big ol' list of quotes that you also must believe:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
 "If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son. . . bring him out unto the elders of his city. . .And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you. . ."  

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." -  Premarital sex is bad Stoning children to death is good.

Malachi 2:3
"Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces."  - don't knock it until you've tried it

Deuteronomy 28:53
"And thou shalt eat of the fruit of thine own body, that of thy sons and of thy daughers, which the LORD thy God hath given thee" - No premarital sex for you guys but you can eat your children if you like.

.......and you can forget all of that scientific mumbo-jumbo here's what really goes on  

Clouds are gods footprints in Heaven - "The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet" (Nahum 1:3).

The disabled have been "smited" by him -  "And the Lord said unto [Moses], Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord ?" (Exodus 4:11). "And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season" (Luke 1:20).  

God causes thunder and Lightning - "Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth. He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth" (Job 37:2-3).  

Hemorrhoids are one of god's ways of punishing sinners (he must have smited the VBB then     ) -"The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed" (Deuteronomy 28:27). "But the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof" (1 Samuel 5:6).  

And so ends Pastor Greg's Bible study class for today.

[This message has been edited by Top Gun (edited 01-19-2002).]

Offline Nico

• Venom
OMG (not pun intented), at least that's funny to read  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by Top Gun:
Why the big taboo over sex? I sense some religious zealousy filling the air (server) and I don't like it. Strkye, Those puritans obviously weren't shipped far enough. May I suggest the moon as a destination for anyone with a simmilar problem in future.

You may not like it, but your sure doing your part to inflame it.
Got Ether?

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine

EDIT: On second thought, this is interesting. You have strong reactions against adultery, but fornication is ok. Hmmm... if having sex with others while not married isn't a big deal, then sex must not have much meaning. So if it doesn't have that much meaning, why the big deal about being married and having sex with someone who is not your partner?

It really isn't the act of sex so much as it being sex with someone else while commiting your life to your spouse.  It's one of the deepest forms of betrayal.  My perspective is that you should only commit your love to one person at a time, the person you have vowed to spend the rest of your life with.  (Though that is a rarity nowadays)  If you can't find yourself loving you spouse, and have strong feelings for another person, just divorce.  I don't know...it's a hard thing to explain really.
~Delta

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Ya know what's interesting....most of the "hardcore" Christian families I know..I mean the if you so much as defy you're parents once as a child you're in danger of going to hell type...all the kids are hopping beds at 14 and under even. My best bud's GF knows two gals like that...one of whom's folks built a seperate room just to hold the roughly 1200 versions of the bible they own,..yet she's only 15 and had damned near as many partners as I've had at 27  

But everything aside the answer...n all reality is very very very simple.

It's each persons choice. part of the problem in this world is most ppl,..especially the more religious types (no offense to anyone) do tend to be a bit more pushy in the "If it's what I belive then you must belive it also."

Best way to view it,..If do you sex b4, during, after, on the side, in public, on mars whatever is good and fair..go for it, on the other hand if you view it has a sin..ok fine..just sit back and laugh all of the ppl you belive will go to hell, niether group will EVER change for the other, just live your life in the way it's best for YOU and YOUR family.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man

Originally posted by Warlock:
Ya know what's interesting....most of the "hardcore" Christian families I know..I mean the if you so much as defy you're parents once as a child you're in danger of going to hell type...all the kids are hopping beds at 14 and under even. My best bud's GF knows two gals like that...one of whom's folks built a seperate room just to hold the roughly 1200 versions of the bible they own,..yet she's only 15 and had damned near as many partners as I've had at 27  

But everything aside the answer...n all reality is very very very simple.

It's each persons choice. part of the problem in this world is most ppl,..especially the more religious types (no offense to anyone) do tend to be a bit more pushy in the "If it's what I belive then you must belive it also."

Best way to view it,..If do you sex b4, during, after, on the side, in public, on mars whatever is good and fair..go for it, on the other hand if you view it has a sin..ok fine..just sit back and laugh all of the ppl you belive will go to hell, niether group will EVER change for the other, just live your life in the way it's best for YOU and YOUR family.

I dont think its a mortal sin, so if you do, do it, it wont condemn you to hell.
Got Ether?