Author Topic: Critics, Critics....  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Critics will be critics, and they all have different opinions.
No. ****. :wtf:

can i quote you on that?  :D
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Yes, you can :D

Offline Dysko

Not really... unless you remove something from your siggy. It's even bigger than LGM's one :)
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Haloboy, your signature is massive. It's got 2 double quotes. Mine's only a single quote. I think only single quotes (and only one or two) are to be allowed in sigs.

Who started this trend for putting quotes in signatures? Was it me?

no, i got it from gamespot forums :D.

ya, it is massive, i'll tone it down. i like "dont.****. with goob" better ;7
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yeah, one of the things that bugged me about FS & FS2 was the fact that I couldn't protect my wingmen, they all died pretty quickly.  And I instinctively try to keep at least my crew, if not everyone else, alive if possible.  Well, at least it made me mad at the Shivans...

thats why after you lead the 70th blue lions i made all my wingman invulnerable.

Whats the point of calling it an elite squadron if they keep dying (not to mention while flying elite fighters)?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
The reason they die is because you don't know how to play.

Most of us who do, always had the "in" joke with the mission where you cover the Bastion as it blows the node up. The reference that the wingman's grandfather or father or whoever, died in the engagement with the Demon in FS1 was blatantly wrong.

We covered all our wingmen in that mission.

But then again, we're hardcore aces.

Offline Vretsu

Or, if you're a catalyst of woe like I am, simply order your wingmen to depart upon commencing the mission. They get to sit back home onboard the Aquataine, sipping mint tea while watching you fight for your life against the Shivan Armada on the vidscreen.

"Go Alpha 1! You can do it, buddy!"

*friendly Tslash beam slays Alpha 1*

"Oh, damn, look out the porthole, guys, I think that was us..."

"Frick."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
They don't allways die... I allways had a few survivors in practicly every mission.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I hate it when people don't look at the bigger picture. The wing commander fanboy certainly didn't. If he likes the character you play as to have a personality. He certainly didn't realize that the player you play as is your personality, you you you you, you get to have you're own opinions on the gtva and the whole war. There's  plenty of times i ***** about my wing men dying while i play the game, and of course instead of having an fs2 character voicing his *****iness, it's me in place of that. In fs2 you're just a fighter pilot in the gtva. The way you play and progress in the game gets you more medals and ranks...of course. And the way you play directly affects the outcome of the missions. Not some stupid oh right about now the pilot you play as needs to say some cheesy thing to his other pilots about how you're all going to make it home in one piece. Hell no, you mostly likely don't care about you're other pilots, or you rescue them, or you let them be self sufficient. I mean if a pilot you command says were going to make it home, i bet in your mind you're like nooooOOOOOOO. It's sort of like gordon freeman, in the game they sort of script him as a silent guy in number 2 which i wish they didn't. It's just one way of you interacting in the game better by not putting words in your mouth as you play, you get to say whatever you want and play how you want. And you're own opinion and personality really does affect the outcome of your pilots. It's about how well you cover them and what orders you give to them that communicates you into the game, like if you're a sloppy handler or a tight ass about commanding your fighters.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
blablablablablablablablablabla

That's why I don't like player characters.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I find that the wingmen survive the most often when you tell them to cover you, that way they stick together with one goal.  (If you tell them to form on your wing, they ignore the enemy for too long before attacking.)

they usually die when i order them to cover me....so i assign them to protect something instead
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The wingmen best survive if you rush ahead and kill every advanced shivan fihgter as soon as possible.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
snip

Indeed, although I will always love Wing Commander, along with Freespace

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
they usually die when i order them to cover me....so i assign them to protect something instead
I usually tend to tell them to attack freely.  This usually nets the most losses for the enemy in the opening salvos as usually your wingmen are better equipped with missiles such as Tornados and Harpoons so you can get a large criss cross of fire in the opening shots.  This usually favours the players side as long as the player is constantly firing and killing Shivans in that opening bit.  After that...all bets are off.  But usually the more free the AI is to kill the less time they spend turning around to protect you or a target.  Sometimes those orders are useful but not usually in a out and out fight.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

I usually tend to tell them to attack freely.  This usually nets the most losses for the enemy in the opening salvos as usually your wingmen are better equipped with missiles such as Tornados and Harpoons so you can get a large criss cross of fire in the opening shots.

Plus it can look cool depending on the position your in.  :nod:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
arfyarfbarkarfyarfbarkarfyarfbarkarfyarfbark...ARF YARF BARK!!!
Point noted :)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.