Author Topic: Underrated Games  (Read 11443 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Also, anyone here heard of Escape Velocity?

Diehard EV: Nova fan speaking.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Uprising?

I only played the demo version of the first game though. :(

Similar to Battlezone in concept (I never played BZ - my life around computers is lagging, i.e. I was still on a P1 playing DOS Crusader: No Regret, Win95 FS1 and DOS Descent II when people were already running 550mhz P2's and P3's).

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Uuu...EV NOVA is cool.. I made a mod for it..adn there's a whole lot of great mods for it... :yes:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I have Uprising 2, great game :nod:, its the same style as BZ but a shame that it doesnt work on XP.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Omega its at the home of the underdogs. really old but good for an intro to coding " A I" (ok its for kids but its really fun still :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Also, anyone here heard of Escape Velocity?

Diehard EV: Nova fan speaking.

Have you ever heard of the "Explosion ReVamp Plugin" or "Shields" (the newest one)?  Those were both made by me.  I had a lot more time on my hands then than I do now.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
How were D1 & DII rated?  I think D3 wasn't all that bad, either... don't know why it flopped.

it sucked because thety took away the cold, gritty and evil look of the mines and actually made everything look cute, they replaced the industrial soundtrack with techno dance crap. the graphics werent up to par with other games at the time.the terrain engine sucked, the robots were too cute. the story was a little dumb. descent 2 was always much more fun. while descent 3 sits in a drawer somewhere while i have a d2xxl icon in the start menu root. descent 3 shoulda been like the doom 3 into cerberon mod. i find it ironic that theres a descent mod for doom. because the descent kids and the doom kids were at eachothers throats over whos game was better. i was one of the descent kids, but we were always out numberd. odd how things work out :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
D1 & DII FTW, but I didn't think D3 sucked... I agree with all your points, but I don't dislike the changes enough to say the game sucked.  I mean, it's still pretty good.  ('Specially with the Pyromania mod ;7 )

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
You know, there are some of us out there who actually greatly prefer D3's gameplay over that of D2, and definitely approve of its (admittedly not the greatest) attempt at having some sort of storyline to it.  D2 matches never gave me the sense of grace and agility that playing a good round of CTF in D3 has.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I agree, D3's multiplayer was outstanding. The variety in maps and game modes was unprecedented for that time, and the weapon balance was some of the best I've seen in any game. Although I do think that things generally looked too colorful and cartoony.

Overall, I probably had more fun with D2, but only because I spent years modding it.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
O really?  Linkies?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i still got some of my own descent 2 mods on my hd, not sure if any of them are anywhere near playable though.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Oh, Pyromania was fun. At least they didn't forget the SP crowd. :D

Flak Omega!!!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
@Nuke, do you have a WebDAV client?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
O really?  Linkies?

If you're referring to my levels and stuff, I doubt you would want to see them. I made most of them in fifth and sixth grade and the quality is, well, questionable. :D

I had rather more success with Red Alert actually, which I also spent a lot of time modding during the same period.

Offline Centrixo

Underrated eh?

C&C: Renegade. Good shoot em up, based on the Tiberium Sun Game.
Hidden and Dangerous. Another good shoot em up, more strategy is required alothough the graphics were mediocre.
Forsaken. Very Fun Multiplayer game set in the future were the earth has almost been destroyed, you fly futuristic space bikes.
Settlers 2. old building game, still entertaining.
Quarantine. very old driving game, set in the future in america in a place named Kemo City, where a cooperation has built a wall around the city to prevent a virus speading which this cooperation indroduced.
Ancient Conquest. there was no full version ever released, but it was a very fun and interesting game. very basic but the graphics are nice.
POD. A racing game, set on the planet IO after a drilling operation opened up a lifeform from the planets crust which spead. your objective is to race serveral others in custom made built scrap cars in a championship for the last shuttle off the planet.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

dont even know what that is. but if yore intrested in obtaining my d2 mods let me know. i have hxms with the bots in them as well the source cobs. they seem to run in d2xxl ok but im not too sure about vanilla d2.

Forsaken. Very Fun Multiplayer game set in the future were the earth has almost been destroyed, you fly futuristic space bikes.

i have to say that was the best descent clone ever. id even go as far as saying it was better than d3. it was certainly faster paced than descent 3 had been and had more accessable multiplayer than d2 (which required a lan or a 3rd party app like kali).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 07:12:20 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

dont even know what that is. but if yore intrested in obtaining my d2 mods let me know. i have hxms with the bots in them as well the source cobs. they seem to run in d2xxl ok but im not too sure about vanilla d2.

Yah, that would be what I was asking.  :yes:  http://in.solit.us is a pretty good host, especially if you can find a decent WebDAV client.  (They do exist, but I forgot the one I had installed, right now I'm using NetDrive, it's fine as long as you use the command prompt to transfer files to the correct subdirectory in your account - don't use explorer, and don't transfer files to the root directory in your account, and it'll be alright.  There are several others if you google them.)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
C&C: Renegade. Good shoot em up, based on the Tiberium Sun Game.

Actually, it was based on Tiberian Dawn.  :)

Or was it Tiberium Dawn? Ah, forget it.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Tiberian Dawn. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story