Author Topic: available ships  (Read 18243 times)

Offline Wolfy

hm, and heres me still only using 1.6.9...
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hm, and heres me still only using 1.6.9...

wow ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline dragon1

Tolwyn,

Excellent ship pack! Thank you.

Any chance on getting the Vesuvius?  That would really rock!  Or some of the old WC2 models that you guys have worked on?

Keep up the good work.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Ah yes, I forgot we made Vesuvius at one point :)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline nowd

I've got another question. 
In FS2 firing with full guns decreases the rate of fire compared to firing with only one weapon bank.
Are you going to change that? Is it even possible?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
we have already changed that. 3.6.10 is required as well as a modified ai_profiles.tbl to enable this feature.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Wolfy

is there a location we can download all these upgrades for gameplay and stuff?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
No, you can't at the moment. First of all, these changes currently affect the development of the Codename: Hermes only (although we will incorporate these changes into the Prologue patch). Second: 3.6.10 is not finished yet.

You could try it out yourself though using the "recent build" posted by Goober. It will mean some work though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:05:52 pm by Tolwyn »

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Wolfy

hm, il just wait for the patch :)

im still a noob at modding freespace (least i can add ships and weapons)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
upgrades for gameplay and stuff?

speaking of upgrades: an incomplete list of recent changes can be viewed here. :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Wolfy

oh wow... good luck with finding voice actors :)

i know i refuse to be one :)

Auto Aiming very cool I can't wait to jump back into an excalibur and kick some Kitty Ass.  ;7

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Oh yes, auto aiming is pretty cool. The interesting thing about it is that it targets subsystems as well! Very useful to destroy turrets on capital ships ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Meh, it's like cheating . I don't like it :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I don't like it, either. Although it makes me a better cat-killer.... ;)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Wolfy

how can you say you dont like it when you havent even used it yet? :S

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
A little hint. Both have most likely played WC3 and both are part of the team that uses this function for there models...so you might guess that they have allready tested it ^_^
I remember the first time I was flighing the Excal in WC3. Toasted 3 catfighters that where comming at me without even do something special. Just pointing roughly into there direction and that it.
First reaction "Wow thats cool!"
After a while "Can I turn it off? Its kinda boring"
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
how can you say you dont like it when you havent even used it yet? :S

I have to contradict you here. All of the developers can test the autoaiming feature with our own builds and models :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, and I knew it from WC3, and it was boring :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
yes, it does make the game "a bit" easier. :)

-WC Saga's beta tester