Author Topic: Destroy rap  (Read 13608 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You could do the same about pretty much any music genre.

I'm sure if the internet existed in the 50's there would have been youtube videos about how rock and roll would encourage the end of western civilisation and how it was evil.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

Classical music excluded!

I'm sure if the internet existed in the 50's there would have been youtube videos about how rock and roll would encourage the end of western civilisation and how it was evil.

I really don't know if rock and roll was dangerous or not. I bet that there would have been plenties of videos against Hippies and their "let's do nothing!" philosophy.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny

Then again it didn't glorify gangbanging
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Rap & Hip-hop realyl are hte bottom...well, allmost..

I heard some experimental "artistic" music... sounded like someone was torturing a dozen cats while a elephant was stomping around a fine glass shop with a Saturn V rocket in his ass... :shaking: :eek: :ick:

Regardles, rap is for the untalented - you don't have to have a good voice for it, there's no "real" music , only a repeating beat that a 2 years old can reproduce. Let's face it - EVERYONE can rap..that alone tells you the quality... :doubt:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Whats the point?
 :wtf: why not just beat the living **** out of misaligned people.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The point is that the so called Rap is useless and dangerous. It can't even be considered a music genre.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I don't think you can completely get rid of rap.  It's been around too long and is too far ingrained in American culture.  However, rap, and other forms of music (like death metal, etc.), need to be a little more regulated when it comes to who can purchase the albums, as many of their lyrics revolve around violence towards certain groups of people. 
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It is part of American..."culture"?

Rap is not invincible. If you can scary crazy drives with terrible crash videos, you can scary rapper fanatics with videos showing their patheticity.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Rap is a part of American culture, more so, it's the voice of the ethnic American culture. They feel generally stepped on, and rap is (or was) a way of expressing themselves. Ironically, the people that they feel (I'm not saying if they actually do or not) oppress them picked up on it, commercialized it, and now sell it all bottled up and nicely packaged. That's why all you get nowadays is the "thug" rap, about the *****es and hoes and whatnot - because that's what sells, so that's what the record companies pick up, and in order to get picked up and make money, that's what people rap about. It's really another case of capitalism ruining art.

Note: I don't like rap (can't really stand listening to 99% of it), but I do appreciate it's original intentions.

As to the video, I only briefly looked at it, but it looks like one of those overreacting pieces of trash that raves about how awful something is without truly understanding why it's bad. It also smacks slightly of of a religious background/objective.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Rap just sounds like some one talking with music in the background to me.Even 5 year olds can rap.(Did I say that i dislike rap?)
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Anyone who can think for him/herself doesn't need this kind of videos. And for the rest, it is programming of mind without consent. Propaganda.
Hardly less disgusting than anything that it finds so wrong in rap music.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
The video does have a point regardless...rap is crap. And well, people are shaped and modled in most part by their culture.

People keep complaining that the USA is going going South (rotting, getting worse), a process that most of the ppl I know think started around 1970-80. You got to ask yourself why. I'd say rap definately is ONE of the reasons (after all, a culture is formed from many smaller things).

Offline Maxwell

Theres nothing wrong with Rap.
Popular culture is only a symptom.

The acceptance of ****ty rap is a sign of society breaking down and failing to raise children properly.  Similarly to hippies and rock, the rock and role didn't make them into drug addicted zombies.   Singers become popular because people buy their stuff.

The kids are buying this stuff because they've got money to spend, time to waste, and simply don't know better.

I do not have a problem with rap, per se... just so long as people who listen to it listen to it far FAR away from me. :p

What I do not like is when people use the term: "rap music". Oxymoron. Rap is not music. Music requires three parts: melody, harmony, rhythm. Rap has one... on rare occasions two, but never all three parts.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Music requires three parts: melody, harmony, rhythm. Rap has one... on rare occasions two, but never all three parts.

:wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
add good lyrics (usually a requirement if ther'es a ctually a "singer")

It has none of htat too...in 99,99% of all cases

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It has none of htat too...in 99,99% of all cases

:wtf:

You mean 100%!!!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Oh yea Rap is actually called (C)Rap. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL