Author Topic: shivan ship suffixes  (Read 1711 times)

"ok class, today, before we begin, i would like to point out the fact that shivan ships lack the G part of the suffix, and what the G stands for and, depending on what you think what :V: was hinting at. break into groups and discuss"

lol, anyways i think the G means galactic, not sure. but if so, what was :v: hinting at. i know many of you will say "the GTVA didn't know were the heck the shivans even came from and all, but really, i think :V: was up to somethin else
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Are you refering to the SGG/SG Rahu? :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

G= Galactic

GT= Galactic Terran

GV= Galactic Vasudan

GTVA= Galactic Terran Vasudan Alliance

That's all he was asking, guys.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Galactic Shivan...Stuff?

They're aliens, and we have poor info regarding their leaders. We don't know if they have an Empire, a Kingdom or a Loo. That's why they're designated "Shivan" and nothing else :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Because it is unknown whether the Shivans are galactic, intergalactic, or even interuniversal.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Or maybe Dave Baranek just said, "hey, S stands for Shivan and GT stands for Galactic Terran." And that was that.

Offline MercFox1

• DIVE DIVE DIVE
    • Shacknews
I'm going to go out on a limb and say: "This is an ill-advised topic."

Even so, the Galactic part of the Galactic Terran Vasudan Alliance doesn't have ANYTHING to do with their status as a universal power.

It's marketing. Plain and simple. "Galactic" whatever was just a way for those early human ego's to put some oomph! behind their nomenclature.
Steam_ID: MercFox1

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Or maybe Dave Baranek just said, "hey, S stands for Shivan and GT stands for Galactic Terran." And that was that.

I like this one.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
First of all, it's prefix, not suffix.  Second of all, it's described in the game what they stand for.