Author Topic: n00b Attempts Shivan Mod (contains screenshots)  (Read 57435 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: n00b Attempts Shivan Mod (contains screenshots)
Everything about it looks pretty good so far. Are there any Shivan ships that can slide?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

All the shivan fighters and bombers have x and y max velocities of between 12 and 25m/s. However, that's nowhere near as fast as the 70m/s on the vipers in the BSG mod and the default keys are annoying, though they can be changed.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
I've got some Earth Defence related stuff but I think I can share something with you. Would you like to have this planet?:

http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Can I have it ?  ;7

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence/non-ed/p_lava.tga here it is. It's still being uploaded so try in a fifteen minutes since I've posted it.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
15 minutes ?! Is it THAT big , or are you exagerating(or whatever the word is) ?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Is that meant to be a Shivan planet? Since when the Shivans are known to be a terrestrial species?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
It's 20 MB file. You can make it smaller later.

Is that meant to be a Shivan planet? Since when the Shivans are known to be a terrestrial species?

That's what I was wondering. A home system with a red giant star makes much more sense to me.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I like the idea that the Shivans do not land on planets.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I agree with Snail. Shivans look more like they live in subspace itself.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Tech description of renamed sathanas:

Mothership

Every one of us alive today was born on a Mothership. The Mothership serves as housing for our population and contains materials and equipment necessary for the construction of new ships, as well as many other non-combat roles. Only once in our history have we lost a Mothership in combat, a tragic incident in which one was destroyed by a large ship of similar size jointly constructed by the Terrans and Vasudans.

Yep, they're pretty much flying cities.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Mothership

Every one of us alive today was born on a Mothership. The Mothership serves as housing for our population and contains materials and equipment necessary for the construction of new ships, as well as many other non-combat roles. Only once in our history have we lost a Mothership in combat, a tragic incident in which one was destroyed by a large ship of similar size jointly constructed by the Terrans and Vasudans.

Now THAT'S some noble description of the Shivan Juggernaut. I believe the Shivans are as formal in tone as the Vasudans, maybe even more formal to the extent of using higher-level vocabulary. :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
I didn't know this existed...

I stopped work on my shivan datafiles, but I hope they came in handy :D

I didn't know this existed...

I stopped work on my shivan datafiles, but I hope they came in handy :D
They did, you're listed in the credits. :)

Mothership

Now THAT'S some noble description of the Shivan Juggernaut. I believe the Shivans are as formal in tone as the Vasudans, maybe even more formal to the extent of using higher-level vocabulary. :nervous:
Much of my free time nowadays has been spent trying to rename stuff and write flavour text that I'm happy with. When I'm done, every tech room description should be similar.

Fleet Carrier

Fleet Carriers serve as the flagships of our battlegroups. Five reactors along the ship power thirteen Heavy Plasma Cannons and a massive shielding system, the only ship larger than an Assault Bomber to possess shields. The Fleet Carrier is equipped with facilities for building and repairing fighters, bombers and sentry guns and can house enough ships for the battlegroup. Only two Fleet Carriers have ever been lost, one disappearing in subspace a long time ago, and another disappearing along with its battlegroup when investigating increased subspace activity with previously unknown signatures. It was later revealed to have been destroyed by the Terrans.
I'll let everyone guess what that one is. Yes, I changed the weapons completely. No, it doesn't have any beam cannons any more. :P

Everything is still being worked on, so things may be different in the proper release as I change my mind or as things like spelling/grammar errors and inconsistencies are pointed out to me. Meanwhile, I'm hoping to finish renaming the fighters and putting out another test release with a couple of demo missions.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Fleet Carrier

Fleet Carriers serve as the flagships of our battlegroups. Five reactors along the ship power thirteen Heavy Plasma Cannons and a massive shielding system, the only ship larger than an Assault Bomber to possess shields. The Fleet Carrier is equipped with facilities for building and repairing fighters, bombers and sentry guns and can house enough ships for the battlegroup. Only two Fleet Carriers have ever been lost, one disappearing in subspace a long time ago, and another disappearing along with its battlegroup when investigating increased subspace activity with previously unknown signatures. It was later revealed to have been destroyed by the Terrans.
I'll let everyone guess what that one is. Yes, I changed the weapons completely. No, it doesn't have any beam cannons any more. :P

Everything is still being worked on, so things may be different in the proper release as I change my mind or as things like spelling/grammar errors and inconsistencies are pointed out to me. Meanwhile, I'm hoping to finish renaming the fighters and putting out another test release with a couple of demo missions.

Heh...the Lucifer...and reference to Derelict too! ;7
My blog

MP-Ryan

Heh...the Lucifer...and reference to Derelict too! ;7
I guess that wasn't hard to spot. :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

There's no other Shivan ship with so many reactors. In fact, there IS no other ship known that has reactor subsystems except the Lucifer. ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan

There's no other Shivan ship with so many reactors. In fact, there IS no other ship known that has reactor subsystems except the Lucifer. ;)
I meant more the Derelict reference. :D

Meanwhile, I'm sure the GVD Hatshepsut, Strike Carrier (formerly SCv Moloch) and Strike Cruiser (formerly SC Rakshasa) would disagree with you about the reactors. :P

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Me no likey unoriginal names. :(